Houston Medical Center

Hospital

Rate Houston Medical Center

Ratings for Houston Medical Center

Value

I went to the ER to have a simple pt/inr done. This is merely a bracing of blood. The admin came around and told me I was in network and that if anything, I might be charged no more than 100.00 dollars. I Signed and waited 6 hours for the ER physician to come tell me the results, it was a little high he said and released me. I got a bill from the hospital for 23.79 and another bill for 780.00 from the physician! He was not in network, even though the administration said I was in network. Then I had to take my elderly mother to the ER for fluid retention, they put her on an IV lasics and said she had blockages in her legs. They called in the vascular surgeon. They looked at her medical history and stats and recommended an angiogram/plasty. They did the surgery on Wednesday, we were waiting at the cath lab for five hours, she made it through fine, later that night I left for her to get some rest and got a call at midnight she had coded and was intubated in ICU. The entire time, the admitting/supervising physician and the pulmonologist with the hospital kept trying to push me into pulling the plug on her. Eventually two days later we lost her after several codes. No one at the hospital can explain to me how any of this happened. This is the worst healthcare facility I have ever experienced. You send a loved one to them for care, you are taking an extremely high risk. I will never get my mother back. I entrusted this people with her care and now she is gone.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2019

Value

I used to work there. Housekeeping cleans very little of the hospital. You can see dust in wall signs, on doors, in light fixtures, they never clean the inside of the drawers, or cloth chairs in the rooms. A Bible was in every room and was never able to get cleaned. Locked cabinets in patient rooms never got cleaned. I never saw doors or grab bars in the hallway get cleaned and they never touched the walls at all. Visitors would wash their hands only to then play with a germy purse or cellphone. Now germy computers get pushed room to room. Now they say that you have a 40% complication rate from surgery mainly due to infections. They should take 4-5 hours to clean each room between patients but they are given 30 minutes to strip the bed. Wash what they expect patients to touch and remake the bed. the cloth curtains remain between patients. The CDC will have a field day if they came in and cultured a cleaned room, but they let the hospital police themselves.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

Value

I believe this hospital to be the worst for medical care I have ever encountered in my 50 some odd yrs. if you are wanting to die then this is the hospital for you. do not rely on the nurses to take care of your loved ones because that wont happen. instead you will find your love one in need of medical help away from this hospital. sorry I don't have anything positive to say for you about this hospital.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017