Humber River Hospital

Humber River Hospital

Hospital

Rate Humber River Hospital

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for Humber River Hospital

Value

Went in to give birth and had a horrible experience. The labour and delivery staff are awful. Rude and inconsiderate. I didn't even get discharge papers when they kicked me out the day after I had my baby who ended up in the NICU. Baby was there only a few hours NICU asked if I could stay in my room (wasn't busy and lots of free rooms) so I could get my baby back that's evening and after saying yes, they came at 7pm and kicked me out! My baby was breastfeeding every 3 hrs in the NICU. I had to go stay in a dirty, small room by NICU with no window and a mattress in the floor so I could be close to my baby and thankfully took her home the next day. I was so swollen and bleeding so badly. My hemoglobin was very low, and the nurse was very concerned but when the next nurse came on duty didn't care. My legs and feet were so swollen I couldn't fit my shoes on. Was SO glad to get out of there. Only good part was the NICU staff. Amazing, friendly and loving people who really care about their jobs and patients.

Submitted May 18, 2017 | flag

Recent ER visit;
Professional staff, caring nurses, efficient doctor.
Great job Humber! Keep it up!

Submitted May 13, 2017 | flag

Value

Really nice doctors and nurses. Great bedrooms. everybody so nice and the hospital so clean

Submitted May 11, 2017 | flag

Value

Let me start with some of nurses, Very poor communication , rudely and no respect, some of nurses are rude using slang words in their communicating, the nurse was not able to get blood and when I asked her to try another vain she got so rude and spitefully played with the patient. she poked with the needle and there was no blood coming out and she started to push the needle up and around where hardly she can get any blood, the blood was coming a drop by drop in more than a second and she sat on the floor and waiting my mom said ouch the nurse yells don’t move my mom said its hurting your pushing up the needle and the needle is not in my vain and the nurse says it has to hurt there is a needle daa!!,what an awful way to talk with a patient, try another vain and let the patient rest and watch the way you talk to a woman can be older than your mother. .cleanness big zero, nasty and awful, after the patient was dropped to this hospital by ambulance for the reason of might be silent heart attack or stroke, she end up waiting another 7 hours, what was the doctors and nurses doing? Chatting about a movie, about one of them imaginary vacation, and I approached one of nurses and I said. Sorry for interrupting you, my mother has been waiting for 7 hours im not here to offend anyone but just kindly I’m asking if there is longer wait I might be able to transfer her to another hospital land his answer was “I won’t stop you “seriously is it a sin to have concern about my mother, and very rudely he just turn and continued talking to other like I don’t exist. We trust our lives to this kind of people unfortunately, this hospital gets big zero and unpleasant comment and negative feelings and views, only few people are very well manner and respectful. That I can count on my fingers, only few of them .i wish them best.
I want the management to hear my voice, if you cannot handle friendly environment and hire educated people with humble attenuate, regardless how terrible is the situation, then get out of that place and let someone responsible to handle it, please don’t play with peoples life, if you are dam deaf or blind here I am yelling out loud what kind of people are working in that’s hospital, with peoples taxpayers treading people not to say like what. I really hope this hospital close

Submitted May 8, 2017 | flag

Value

I recently just had a baby in the new birthing unit at HRH. My water broke at 630am, i called the hospital before coming in to see if i should rush or take my time. The nurse that i had spoke with told me to take my time, and so i did. I arrived at the hospital at 930am. I was sent into a waiting room (it did have a bed, but was not my birthing unit) to be monitored, and was left in there until about 630pm. I was not checked on regularily or informed what was going on with my delivery. I was not feeling my contractions and was not encouraged to walk around to help myself dilate. I felt as if i was not a priority. By 9pm i was induced since i had not felt any contractions, and they had to give me antibiotics because i had been ruptured for so long that there was a risk of infection! The nurse who had been monitoring me in the birthing unit the entire time went MIA during my sctual delivery, and so i had some random nurse there.
After giving birth, i was unsure if i had been stitched up or not because the doctor did not tell me, and so i asked a nurse if i had any stiches and she said no, i only had a minor tear. After coming home, i find out that i do have stitches in and that i havent been taking proper care to help myself heal properly! This hospital is by far the worst hospital, and the customer service here is very very slow and bad! When calling a nurse for help it takes them forever to actually get to your room, sometimes they just talk to you through a speaker to see whAt you want. Although the birthing unit there is nice and big, i would NOT reccomend anyone to choose this hospital to give birth in!

Submitted May 5, 2017 | flag

Value

I know of someone who had successfully killed themselves in this hospital. How does a HOSPITAL let somebody kill themselves?!

Submitted April 18, 2017 | flag

Value

Went to hospital had appointment for surgery for 10:30am. Was out of there by 11:10am.

Submitted April 12, 2017 | flag

Value

I'm looking to find anyone who was an inpatient at humber river mental hospital in Sept 2012 when it was still o keele st . I was neglected by staff and s.assaulted by a patient and looking for others who had a horrific stay in that hole..

Submitted April 3, 2017 | flag

Value

What an embarrassment this hospital is to the Canadian system. Taxpayers paid millions and trillions of dollars to build a state-of-the-art hospital but unfortunately due to a lot of technology and that hospital you have no loss of human touch the human element. Because of the previous surgery I had at Humber River I have to continue going back to that hospital as I know my body anatomy the best. When they were at the Finch site I never had an issue going to the ER I was in hook up to pain meds and taking care of right away most times resulting into emergency surgery. The first time I was ever at the new Wilson site was when I had my son 5 months ago. The nurses did not do their job I would have had my baby waste sooner all the nurse needed to do was check me due to the failure of checking me my son came out extremely bruised and I was in a ton of pain. The epidural did not work. The following day after having my son a nurse didn't even come in to ask me if I was feeding my son the bottle or breast didn't ask me if I needed help learning how to breastfeed as I am a first-time mom and they are fully aware of that. When I requested lactose free food everything on my tray had milk in it and I could not eat. After giving birth to my son at 4:25 a.m. no food was even given to me to bring up my energy. I was so disappointed in this Hospital. Fast forward five months now, I went and seen my surgeon as I was having extreme abdominal pain this is a surgeon that works at a Humber River he was convinced I needed my gallbladder out and an internal hernia fixed. He did not order any test blood work ultrasound x-ray or CAT scan and just immediately booked me for surgery the following Monday. Due to me being in extreme pain I just wanted this fixed I ended up calling him back saying I was very uncomfortable that he did nose test to prove all of this was happening so he ordered an ultrasound and I let him know with those results I did not want my gallbladder taken out. I still went in for surgery to fix what they suspected was an internal hernia. I woke up from surgery in extreme pain to be told by my significant other that the surgeon has spoken to him and they didn't find anything nor did they fix anything. The doctor didn't have the decency to come speak to me directly as it was more important for him to go home for the day. No care instructions were given to me regarding my incision sites no pain meds were given to go home with even though I was in extreme pain and no follow-up appointment was given to talk to the surgeon. All I can say about my two experiences at the new hospital is that I wouldn't trust my life there or my families do not go there they're more concerned about all the technology and doing tours of this Hospital than the patients that are in the bed.

Submitted March 20, 2017 | flag

Value

What's the point of having such a state of the art facility if it's going to be filled with the most incompetent staff I've ever had the displeasure of meeting?? I went to the ER after calling Telehealth and the nurse suggesting I go after going through my symptoms. I should've just stayed home. One woman working at the registration desk was vile. She took it upon herself to diagnose me and then give me an incredulous look when I said that I haven't taken any meds. Are you kidding me? News flash you're not a doctor! She also cut me off and never let me actually finish telling her all of my symptoms. Well flash forward to seeing the doctor. LITERALLY saw me for 2 mins before diagnosing me and sending me home. No blood tests, no vitals, nothing. He completely ignored me when I told him my concerns and just told me to take some Tylenol. A hospital I once went to in a poor South American country gave me 100x better service than this major joke they call a hospital. Just think about that for a second. To anyone that needs a hospital DON'T go to this one. You're better off going to any of the downtown hospitals or even St. Joe's.

Submitted March 18, 2017 | flag