Niagara Health System - Port Colborne General

Hospital

Rate Niagara Health System - Port Colborne General

Ratings for Niagara Health System - Port Colborne General

Value

I had a ill family member stay at this hospital for two months. The nursing staff was excellent and the hospital was clean. They may not have modern facilities and flashy machines, but the staff is excellent. During the time my parent had taken ill, they had been transferred from several hospitals. This by far, was one that when I left them after visiting I knew they were in good hands. Best of all there was free parking available at the front of the hospital. During stressful times, the last thing you need is to worry about parking costs. I wish more hospitals should be run like this, there is no excuse.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014

Value

This is a small hospital serving city and rural area. It had it's ER taken away from it by the Ministry of Health and now has an Urgent Care Center. Most of the beds are assigned to long term chronic care patients from across Niagara that are on waiting lists for a long term care facility. I've been in twice for ultrasound and a few times for physiotherapy. The staff are quite pleasant, efficient and skillful. Overall it's a good quality facility even though it is aging. Cannot rate value as all of my health care was covered by OHIP.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Latest Rating

I was so thankful to have Dr. Pirbhai do my eye surgery. After is was over, I asked him if he liked his job. He said he was very lucky to have a job he loves and t... Read more

Dr. Mario Ventresca

Dr. Mario Ventresca

Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Latest Rating

Dr. Ventresca and his staff were very kind and helpful to us during our visit.