Peterborough Regional Health Centre - Hospital Drive Site

Hospital

Rate Peterborough Regional Health Centre - Hospital Drive Site

Ratings for Peterborough Regional Health Centre - Hospital Drive Site

Value

I would say this is the WORST HOSPITAL for waiting time in Emerg. I have sat waiting for 4hrs then another 1hr in Fast Track. I made a phone call through the Reception and asked for Emerg. Obviously it was the nurse in Emerg. The nurse says "Sorry, lm not in the Department " like are you kidding me? Your right there. They must believe that people are stupid! I went to Emerg by Ambulance late last year. The service l received was excellent! Dr. seen me within 15 minutes, he began stitching me up 5min later. I got there about 12:20pm and after having stitches inside and out and a concussion, l was cared for with the best of care, released at 1:30am. I don't understand the Emergency where you walk in, they call you whenever they deem necessary, they ask for Health Card, they check your vitals and then you go back out to wait [Forever]. They call your name after maybe 2-3hrs. You think great [not] they take you to triage. Another hour later, after listening to the Dr telling jokes or just talking you get called. The nurse comes in, taking your vitals again, then told the Dr will be right in. Again you hear this joking going on. Right in means anywhere from 10min to 30min. Finally the Dr comes in and assesses you, let's you know what is happening. Then says a nurse will be in shortly. Now this is all for a migraine, the nurse comes in, let's you know your getting 2 shots, which she gives along with telling you not to drive. So all of this time 4 1/2hrs Yet the same amount of Dr's when taken in by Ambulance, they come in and let you know what has to be done. So by Ambulance your in/out let's say tops 2hrs. Walk in takes approximately 6 hours. Seems very strange, same amount of Dr's, nursing, when waiting to get called, then into Triage and wait for Dr. as well as Nursing. Let us add this up: Walk in 6hrs for your name to be called, called again to go to triage, called again to get in a room. Dr sees you, nurse comes in Total time 6hrs Taken by Ambulance, 2 Dr's, few nurses Dr comes in and explains what has to be done. He then sends in a Practicing Dr. All total maybe 2hrs and out. SO WHY DOES WALK IN TAKE AN EXTRA 4+ HOURS. Then they have the audacity to say they are VERY BUSY!! What a load of B.S C'mon Walk-in, get your ass off the chair okay take me NOW to Triage. Now TRIAGE, ENOUGH WITH the jokes, yes we can HEAR. You have already had a BREAK, had your SUPPER, by the way some of us have not had supper!! Let's get INTO 3RD GEAR, NOT LOW GEAR Oh, sorry, didn't mean to have you miss or make you late for your last break! JUST PLEASE GET YOUR ASS IN GEAR! Thank you, much appreciated!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2019

Value

Poor hospital staff. In particular Dr Gibb who is rude and botched my surgery then lied to try to get out of legal matters. Multiple complaints with board of doctors and much swept under carpet. Beware! AS LONG AS THIS DOCTOR IS THERE I WILL NOT GO HERE! service terrible

flag | Submitted September 5, 2019

Value

Very good experience at Emerg- very prompt service. Prompt and friendly service also at ortho even though they were clearly very busy. Thanks and keep up the good work.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2018

Value

impressed with the cleanliness, food which is served hot and cold, the staff are attentive and helpful. thanks to all for your hard work. You deserve medals.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

Value

My Dad got diagnosed with Cancer in July of 2017 and he STILL has not received his treatment and we are now in December 2017. My parents have gone to many appointments with in this time frame and no joke they have messed something up every single time! For example, he went for a scheduled Lung and Liver Biopsy, and when we got there they said they couldn't do it because he was still taking his pills... well no one told him to stop taking it (not to mention we live 1.5 hours out of Peterborough, so this was a huge waste of time). Another example is today... my dad had an appointment to get his cancer pills and they were on their way to Peterborough, about an hour in, and the hospital called them to say his appointment was cancelled because they haven't received the paper working from the health ministry!!! Like Common... give the patients a little bit more heads up, especially when they are travelling out of town... not only that but have a little bit more sympathy and understanding for those that have cancer etc. and have been left waiting... I understand there are different procedure and steps that have to be taken in order to be treated but the amount of pointless appointments we have gone to and received absolutely not information is ridiculous. I feel the hospital is good in many ways but when it comes to Cancer there needs to be different steps taken and appointments need to be looked at a little more closer to get things done more efficient and easier for the patient.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

Value

I had twins there and while in the operation room (standard for twins) I was given a nurse who did't know how to use the delivery bed I was on. I was in the pushing stage and she was fervently trying to figure out the stirrups on the bed during my contractions and pushing. My husband ended up being the delivery coach and helping me push at each contraction. He got me to the crowning stage and then the OB showed up to take over. Needless to say the OB was not happy with any of the staff in that room for a few reasons. He delivered the babies and my firstborn was left out on the assessment table too long without any covering and she developed low blood sugar from being cold. Both myself and babies were left completely alone after delivery. We were put in a room by ourselves and the nurse who left us there said that all the staff had gone to watch a csection elsewhere and we would be alone for hours so get comfy basically. She sent in a very new NICU nurse to try and care for the babies and she admittedly said that she wasn't sure what she was doing. My daughter was rapidly getting worse and was really hard to keep awake and the NICU nurse couldn't figure out what to do and coudn't find anyone to help her. My husband, who's from a large family, finally said to her you need to give the baby sugar water NOW to get her sugar up or she's going to start seizing! She looked surprised and said will that even work? She did it and my daughter improved enough to wait on someone to show up a couple hours later to finally take her to the NICU. I had no aftercare whatsoever until more than 6 hours later. I had a high risk of hemorrhaging and was given an empty hydration IV when i got to the room. A nurse apologized later for that. Thanks alot. My vitals weren't checked until 8 hours after delivery, My womb was not massaged routinely like it was supposed to be, every 2-3 hours, and I was supposed to be on post delivery medication for pain and swelling every 4 hours as stated by the in charge nurse and they never were on time with it and I had to remind them at the 6 hour mark that I hadn't had any yet. Neither of my children were bathed at any point post delivery, we were there 3 days. My mom finally put something together and did it herself. They had afterbirth all over them until she did it. No one checked my bladder function until the day after delivery. No one helped me figure out breastfeeding and tandem breastfeeding is really hard to figure out alone. The babies screamed all the time while we were there and I realize now it was because they were hungry. They didn't send in a lactation consultant until the morning that we were being discharge. It all sounds rather bad and unlikely that it could have happened like that, but it did and it's disturbing that I received care like that. I am a first time mom and I was scared to death and I really thought I was going to die in there. My husband was so stressed he didn't sleep for the 3 days we were there. It was a horrifying experience and it has made me never want to give birth again because I never want to experience a hospital birth again. Worst experience of my life to date.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

Value

Wonderful staff & excellent care! All the nurses, staff, Drs etc really care & look after their patients as if they were family. Thank you very much!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Value

My husband fell and fractured his hip. Thank you EMS, Emergency staff and Lab Technicians for Excellent care and making us feel safe and comfortable

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

Value

This hospital saved the life of my child at birth, my father later in life and has treated my mother for 3 and half years..giving us more time with her. Thank you to the emerg staff and docs, ICU and B4 units and the wonderful cancer care department and last but not least labour and delivery, and the NICCU, You have always been there when we need you the most!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Value

This must be the worst hospital in Ontario. Misdiagnosing patients because they just don't care. If you disagree with them or demand proper treatment or tests they call security because you are problematic. Don't get me wrong, I have never had security called on me but, I have seen other patients and their families have that done. As an observer there is no reason for that. Treat your patients with respect, listen to what they are telling you and act accordingly as a doctor should and you would have no problems. The provincial government should be investigating this facility and clean it up from the top (CEO) to the bottom. Also is a dirty facility but then most of the hospitals in Ontario are now a days.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Doctors at Peterborough Regional Health Centre - Hospital Drive Site

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.