Peterborough Regional Health Centre

Hospital

Rate Peterborough Regional Health Centre

Ratings for Peterborough Regional Health Centre

Value

Dr graham gibb really brings down the hospital with service to people and poor mannerisms. Major issues with complaints to health board as well yet he still is allowed to work there. Terrible!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2019

Value

Was in ER on March 13, 2019 where the doctor discovered cancer. Was there for two weeks and had surgery to remove a tumor. I had GREAT doctors..Dr. Pandya, Dr. Gibb, Dr. Jayabalan. I have been back in hospital multiple times due to weakness and other problems and have loved most doctors (17 in total) and nurses. Did have problems with nursing staff in the purple zone at Easter but there are always a few bad apples. Nothing much bad to say except more healthy food options for snaking should be available in cafe! Unfortunately I will be returning for chemo and !ore surgery, so not done with PRHC yet

flag | Submitted June 23, 2019

Value

PRHC is great when it comes to medical concerns but when it comes to treating mental health they are absolutely useless. I wouldn’t take my mentally ill dog there.... The mental health nurses have terrible bedside manners and the psychiatrists just throw meds at you. If you have a mental health concern, it’s worth the trek to CAMH in Toronto. They actually know what they are doing.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2019

Value

Doesn’t schedule enough nursing staff in ER. My procedure cancelled again for 3rd time. Sat for 10 hrs waiting for surgery. 21 hours no food, 11 hours no liquids for nothing. Something has to change. My poor doctor was losing his mind.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2018

Value

This is DEFINATELY 1 of the worst hospitals in Ontario!! Patients stuck on stretchers and left in the isles and forgotten about. Doctors who only come-in when called, although they brag that they are on 7 to 7. Weekends are a joke! The only staff available are janitors & tending nurses who should be janitors. I have seen better and more attentive care from "drop-in" centres than what Peterborough has demonstrated. My close friend who was rushed in by ambulance with a heart attack, and has had 2 attacks while in ICU, and is required to have a stint procedure, BUT, over a week later - the "so-called" doctors have seen him only twice, the only information given, is what comes from the nurses, and the food is terrible.! This is definately the place to go and wait to die, cause thats the way the patients are treated,,,just suck the money out of the health care plan and wait til the patient dies, then move on to the next money-grab!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2018

Value

Please, though the services in the mental health department is better than most, it’s the patients that seem to do more help. The therapy address the symptoms, but not causes enough, just look how many people have to keep going back. I uses the services, and they HELPED, but I paid for my therapist,and after 20 years of looking for help, I had a REAL therapy session. I know it due to cutbacks, but in the long run more money would be saved by treating causes of stress in a person too. Look how many calls police and ambulance services are doing now. I know they have almost doubled in the past 2 years.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2018

Value

Had my baby there in August and couldn't say a bad thing about them! Everyone we came across was absolutely amazing and they worked so well with my midwife. Highly recommend PRHC labor and delivery to any expecting mom's.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2018

Value

The nurses and doctors in Emerg and the pediatric floor are all outstanding. Regardless of the fact that they were running off of their feet due to the high volume of needed patient care they were not only very thorough but beyond compassionate to my son during his stay.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

Value

First of all I have a real fear of hospitals and doctors. My first experience in January 2014 was a hip replacment with a wonderful surgeon, Bernard Blastorah. I had a very good experience and he was a very caring doctor. This last werk Inwentvto ER with stomach pain. I felt the whole process was extremely efficient, from start to finish. I waited only minutes at reception, had blood and urine tests, was seen by a very personable doctor, Dr. Jeffery. He sent me straight down for a cat scan (which was only a 40 minute wait), and was as out of there, diagnosed , with medication in a total time of 4 hours. Considering the craziness in there, so many patients, para medics, police and security, it is a very busy department, probably needs more funding because of the lack of local GP’s it was a good experience. Kudos to all staff who were very pleasant, helpful and skilled.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2018

Value

This hospital is disgusting. It is dirty....shared patient bathrooms only cleaned every 3 days. They illegally call security and over power patients in situations where it is not needed. Unlawful and abusive. Nurses are not compassionate and more interested in eating pizza than tending to patients. If I ever get out I will surely never visit this gross hospital again. Shame on PHRC.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

Doctors at Peterborough Regional Health Centre

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.