Lakeridge Health Oshawa

Hospital

Rate Lakeridge Health Oshawa

Ratings for Lakeridge Health Oshawa

Value

Apparently malpractice and discrimination permitted ate lakeridge Oshawa emergency dept

flag | Submitted October 20, 2019

Value

Many thanks to the excellent nursing staff, and anaesthesiology and surgery teams. They were kind, detail oriented and very efficient when my husband presented as an emergency and during our follow up care.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2019

Value

The frontline staff were horrible. Like being treated by a bunch of auto union workers. The only nurses that ever did anything at all were contract workers. The worst excuse for a hospital I have ever encountered.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2019

Value

I was septic in summer 2017. Had to be transferred to LHO as LHB was small and didn’t have service I needed - was a good experience overall. I was in ICU for 8 days and followed by the CCOT team was a great transition when so sick. Had drains. Effusions. TPN. Picc line. The works. Nurses and drs following me especially dr Sengar and dr ruscuitto infectious disease were amazing and helped me survive!! G7 was an old floor. Kind of gross but overall the nurses were kind and helpful. I will say the physio woman on G7 was absolutely useless. I couldn’t even stand yet alone walk on my own , in ICU the physio basically stood me up and this physio stood at door told me to do the ‘ cancan ‘ with my legs. 0.5/10 for her but the rest was good. Lab techs deligent even with my horrible small veins .... and everyone was good. I am lucky to be well and home now after all of that mess.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2019

Value

This is a dump, I will travel to neighbouring cities and towns before I attend this hospital that is in the town I live in. My mom was hospitalized here, the care was very little, the nurses sitting on their duffs behind their desks on their cell phones looking at homes and interior decorating, meanwhile people are using the call buttons and no one responds...terrible and unacceptable level of care. I stood there at the desk trying to get some help and was, I guess, rudely interrupting the pow wow. My mother barely had any help, luckily relatives were taking turns visiting, all of us were disgusted by the lack of care, Not one mature charge nurse anywhere.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2019

Value

Hard to believe all the negative comments about this hospital. I am from York Region however, took my mom to Lakeridge emerg at the end of Feb and although wait time was a little long, went smooth and had a good experience with that team. She was admitted to the surgical ward and had the best doctor and nurse team we could only have dreamt of. The nurses on G7 were angelic, to say the least. The surgeon was always available to talk and was also a great guy. We moved to the palliative floor and spent 12 days there before she passed however, they too were saints. Not sure how they do that job actually. Anyway, total thumbs up from our experience!!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2019

Value

Today I took my 16 year old son to Lakeridge Health Oshawa to see the youth crisis intervention team. The team unfortunately consisted of one individual that we had access to. The youth psychiatrist is not even on site on the weekend! A bit of background....my son has many issues, drugs included. He is a heavy pot smoker and we have our suspicions maybe something more is being consumed. Lately he is very flat, no emotion on his face with poor hygiene and irrational behaviour. He is disconnected with reality and goes from 0-100 in seconds. After an incident at school he confided in me that he “is sad all the time” and thinks about hurting himself “ all the time”. I took this information to the crisis “team” (1 individual) and all that was focused on was the drug problem. Not a single suggestion for treatment of depression. We where told that the pot had to stop first and “if” there was still a problem then and only then would treatment such as antidepressants be considered. My worry.....my son trusted me and in a moment of weakness confided in me. I wanted to help him. This was the appropriate path. I know this as I am an employee of Lakeridge and have been for 14 years. We waited our turn in emergency (5hours) only to make his feelings be diminished by a employee who only talked about pinewood for addiction. He was never validated for his sad feelings. He left feeling WORSE!!! How does this happen?

flag | Submitted March 30, 2019

Value

Is there an option for a 0 rating? Left a man with chest pain and shortness of breath in the waiting room for over 3 hours. Puddles of vomit on floor for most of that time. I understand being understaffed, and having to wait to be seen when you show up with basic stuff that should wait for your family doctor or a walk-in clinic the next day - but signs of a heart attack waiting 3+ hours ? I'm just glad it was NOT a cardiac event - THIS TIME - and that I still have my husband.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2019

Value

Did not even give my husband i.v. fluids when he was obviously dehydrated. An oral cancer patient (surgery 12 years ago) could not eat and was literally starving to death but still sent home after 5 hours in emerge with NOTHING done for him. He ended up in emerge at Ajax Pickering two days later and they put him right on I.V. kept him in on i.v. feeding and he had a feeding tube inserted 6 days later but died from complications 4 days later. The doctor in Oshawa emerge said his blood test results were "fine" but they weren't. Whoever she is she should be disciplined. Asked me "what do you want us to do for him" and I said "take him in, put him on i.v. and have a feeding tube put in = he is starving to death" She said "that is surgery and needs a surgeon" but it was done by a Radiologist later in Ajax Pickering.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2019

Value

Absolutely no compassion, called about a mental health crisis, person answering phone showed no empathy, didn't direct us to anyone who could help in a crisis. You need to educate your staff on mental health, and what to do in a crisis. What a shame, what a disgrace to our community.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2019

Doctors at Lakeridge Health Oshawa

Dr. Shannon Elizabeth Trainor

Dr. Shannon Elizabeth Trainor

Latest Rating

I have been under Dr Trainor’s care for the past five years and I wouldn’t have anyone else. I just had my second surgery for lung cancer and she did a fantastic jo... Read more

Dr. Marianna Mitchell

Dr. Marianna Mitchell

Latest Rating

We are very dissapointed. Wouldn't recommend anyone