Lakeridge Health Oshawa

Hospital

Rate Lakeridge Health Oshawa

Ratings for Lakeridge Health Oshawa

Value

Is there an option for a 0 rating? Left a man with chest pain and shortness of breath in the waiting room for over 3 hours. Puddles of vomit on floor for most of that time. I understand being understaffed, and having to wait to be seen when you show up with basic stuff that should wait for your family doctor or a walk-in clinic the next day - but signs of a heart attack waiting 3+ hours ? I'm just glad it was NOT a cardiac event - THIS TIME - and that I still have my husband.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2019

Value

Did not even give my husband i.v. fluids when he was obviously dehydrated. An oral cancer patient (surgery 12 years ago) could not eat and was literally starving to death but still sent home after 5 hours in emerge with NOTHING done for him. He ended up in emerge at Ajax Pickering two days later and they put him right on I.V. kept him in on i.v. feeding and he had a feeding tube inserted 6 days later but died from complications 4 days later. The doctor in Oshawa emerge said his blood test results were "fine" but they weren't. Whoever she is she should be disciplined. Asked me "what do you want us to do for him" and I said "take him in, put him on i.v. and have a feeding tube put in = he is starving to death" She said "that is surgery and needs a surgeon" but it was done by a Radiologist later in Ajax Pickering.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2019

Value

Absolutely no compassion, called about a mental health crisis, person answering phone showed no empathy, didn't direct us to anyone who could help in a crisis. You need to educate your staff on mental health, and what to do in a crisis. What a shame, what a disgrace to our community.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2019

Value

If I could I would rate "0" for lack of care, professionalism and overall experience.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2019

Value

We arrived at Lakeridge Emergency Dept. Thursday December 20th, 2018 at 9:15pm . We took our ticket and was called by a very irritated triage nurse who proceeded to take blood pressure & ask standard questions. I was very uncomfortable with her aggressiveness and felt uncomfortable as she obviously was unhappy with her job and the fact we were there. Please ensure you have frontline staff that are empathetic to the patients arriving, she clearly was not happy with each arriving patient. We then sat next to a father whose son fell asleep and unfortunately had an accident on the seat next to us. We then witnessed 2 -3 patients vomiting in the emergency room . The triage nurse clearly set the tone & we were quite upset with the level of service , we were patient to the volume of people but felt that the staff were not happy. Again - please ensure you have the compassionate people on the onset !

flag | Submitted December 28, 2018

Value

My complaint is about a memeber of the paladin security team that i unfortunately had to deal with in the ER. Up until i came into the ER i had been breastfeeding my son, so after quite a few hours as you can imagine my breasts became engorged and i needed to pump. The nurse was super kind and got the pump but this disgusting man insisted i couldnt leave his sight and that i had to pump infront of him in the hall. Thankfully the nurse had some pull and that didnt happen but im sure other women havent been so fortunate. I would also like to add that this man would not take his eyes off me in an extremely uncomfortable way, i totally understand and respect his job but the way he presented and conducted himself was extremely unprofessional. Another complaint will be made with the company itself sharing the mans name.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2018

Value

i had to wait 4 hours in emergency care to see the doctor. almost left without seeing a doctor. doctor and the nurses were friendly. I wonder Doug Ford going to privatize hospitals? good idea

flag | Submitted December 6, 2018

Value

Avoid this place at all costs. Misdiagnosed my kidneys stones twice in a row and made me feel like I was going crazy. Ended up going to Markham hospital and they diagnosed me right away and I got the proper medical care... after waiting it out for 2 months and passing a large kidney stone with no pain medication. Ruined 2 months of my life. I will only go to Markham hospital from now on. Worth the extra trip. The urologist I saw after saw the ultrasound, MRI and x-ray Oshawa took and saw the stone in every one. Doctors are overrun with patients and aren’t able to do their jobs properly.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2018

Value

Oshawa Lakeridge is one of the best hospitals in the G.T.A. I recently broke my ankle and after going to the emergency dept. I was given an appointment the next day to see a surgeon to insert a plate to help the healing process. The surgeon made arrangements for me to be added to the operating room schedule the following day.(Friday). The follow up appointments were all very professionally taken care of, bearing in mind that there are always more urgent procedures that have more priority. Thank you to all the staff.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2018

Value

Well I don’t know where to begin.....listening to the only male nurse ,who couldn’t stop sniffing the entire time I was there, make fun of all the patients that he assumed were sleeping. Last time I checked...... attemptted suicide wasn’t really funny. Maybe he is angry he only owns navy scrubs. Or maybe annoyed that a fellow nurse wouldn’t stop screaming that a patient was going to kill her. It’s a great way to get a dr to give a patient meds so they will sleep, right?! Disgusted! Health care? I dont think so

flag | Submitted October 21, 2018

Doctors at Lakeridge Health Oshawa

Dr. Shannon Elizabeth Trainor

Dr. Shannon Elizabeth Trainor

Latest Rating

Strong positive attitude, excellent at recommending procedures, weak at determining problem

Dr. Marianna Mitchell

Dr. Marianna Mitchell

Latest Rating

We are very dissapointed. Wouldn't recommend anyone