St Joseph's

Hospital

Rate St Joseph's

Ratings for St Joseph's

Value

I can only speak about ICU my husband was there untll he passed away. The treatment he got was fantastic . The doctors & nurses were just wonderful. I thank God for them everday

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Value

Our system of service and delivery of our healthcare when you compare to Europe American partners is pretty good but there is always room for improvement account myself lucky.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Value

i found some nurses in emerg to be cold and uncaring, in addition to slow. I was admitted for a life threatining condition and the emerg staff ignored me until the OBGYN doctor showed up for the second time and demand they administer the pre op treatments ordered. The staff outside of emerg (recovery, the overnight ward, and OBGYN staff) were amazing. They were kind, patient, encouraging and very helpful as I began my post opp recovery. Overall I found this hospital to be above average in overall care compared to other hospitals in Mississauga and Burlington.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

Value

If you have a puncture/cut injury, Emergency will try to get you to take a tetanus shot. Do not agree - your health may be endangered later if you accept. Google Dr. Archie tetanus vaccination and you will see.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Value

It can be difficult to navigate, some staff take getting used to. Most of the areas I've been in are filthy at best.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Value

Have always found the staff here to be pleasant and caring . When I was admitted the er doctor came to the ward to see how I was doing.even though their jobs are sometimes hectic and stressful they have treated me with respect and I'm not the world 's nicest patient!!!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Value

St Joseph's hospital is very good at having medical issues resolved however they r terrible in the emergency phyc area of the hospital they r uncaring rude and don't take patients who go there for help seriously if u have a mental-health issue I would advice people to stay away from this part of the hospital they make u wait forever and if it iOS nighttime u will be sent home in a taxi more troubled than when u got there

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

Value

Passing a kidney stone, was driven there by ambulance. Intense agony, laid on a gurney for 20 min before being attended. within the hour I was sedated and no longer in extreme pain. Tests and reviews took 10 hours of waiting. This is a very busy place with a large number of incoherent and or non cooperative patients. I give the staff credit for their hard work and diligence under adverse conditions. If you go in expecting them to clear a path for your special condition you may want to consider finding a private hospital.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Value

Rating scale for value: unkonwn. Insurance covers the costs,---I never saw any bills, so II can't really say. Couple of years ago, before Mac started taking all the kids cases, my 8 year old was admitted with pneumonia. They put her in the Pediatric Short Stay Unit, and for the next 3 days, made a stressful situation as comfortable as possible. My kid is not an easy patient. She is phobic about needles and reluctant to take medicine that might taste unpleasant. Despite her lack of co-operation, they were unfailingly pleasant with her, and bent over backwards to make sure we as her parents could be with her. They provided us with meals too, when her tray arrived, they provided a chair that folded out into a bed, along with a blanket and pillow so one of us could spend the night with her, and they had a seemingly endless supply of craft kits to keep her occupied during the days. Hospital stays are never fun, but if I get a choice I opt for St. Jo's as the staff seems to go above and beyond to try to make the experience as pleasant as it can be. I had my kid there (C-section) and I've been there for a couple of surgeries too.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Value

Always liked this hospital. Drs iv seen are very nice. Most nurses too. I had my babys here as well.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

Doctors at St Joseph's

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.