St Joseph's

Hospital

Rate St Joseph's

Ratings for St Joseph's

Value

If you have a puncture/cut injury, Emergency will try to get you to take a tetanus shot. Do not agree - your health may be endangered later if you accept. Google Dr. Archie tetanus vaccination and you will see.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Value

It can be difficult to navigate, some staff take getting used to. Most of the areas I've been in are filthy at best.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Value

Have always found the staff here to be pleasant and caring . When I was admitted the er doctor came to the ward to see how I was doing.even though their jobs are sometimes hectic and stressful they have treated me with respect and I'm not the world 's nicest patient!!!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Value

St Joseph's hospital is very good at having medical issues resolved however they r terrible in the emergency phyc area of the hospital they r uncaring rude and don't take patients who go there for help seriously if u have a mental-health issue I would advice people to stay away from this part of the hospital they make u wait forever and if it iOS nighttime u will be sent home in a taxi more troubled than when u got there

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

Value

Passing a kidney stone, was driven there by ambulance. Intense agony, laid on a gurney for 20 min before being attended. within the hour I was sedated and no longer in extreme pain. Tests and reviews took 10 hours of waiting. This is a very busy place with a large number of incoherent and or non cooperative patients. I give the staff credit for their hard work and diligence under adverse conditions. If you go in expecting them to clear a path for your special condition you may want to consider finding a private hospital.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Value

Rating scale for value: unkonwn. Insurance covers the costs,---I never saw any bills, so II can't really say. Couple of years ago, before Mac started taking all the kids cases, my 8 year old was admitted with pneumonia. They put her in the Pediatric Short Stay Unit, and for the next 3 days, made a stressful situation as comfortable as possible. My kid is not an easy patient. She is phobic about needles and reluctant to take medicine that might taste unpleasant. Despite her lack of co-operation, they were unfailingly pleasant with her, and bent over backwards to make sure we as her parents could be with her. They provided us with meals too, when her tray arrived, they provided a chair that folded out into a bed, along with a blanket and pillow so one of us could spend the night with her, and they had a seemingly endless supply of craft kits to keep her occupied during the days. Hospital stays are never fun, but if I get a choice I opt for St. Jo's as the staff seems to go above and beyond to try to make the experience as pleasant as it can be. I had my kid there (C-section) and I've been there for a couple of surgeries too.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Value

Always liked this hospital. Drs iv seen are very nice. Most nurses too. I had my babys here as well.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

Value

A lot of good things can be made St. Joe's. It has been spotted in the past for lacking a plan for desinfection. A serious issue that no one reports, perhaps because it is embarrassing or that nobody will be believe you: the volunteers. I was there for surgery and while lying there with a warm blanket brought by on volunteer, the other volunteer would stop by and say nasty things. When I said I was going to talk to her manager, she looked at me with a smirk and said, "and who is going to believe you?" I was appalled and spoke with the supervisor anyway. She that I was the first one and people only have good things to say about. The woman was outside laughing and making fun of me. And, no, I hadn't taken any medication yet!!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

Value

St Joseph's is always my first choice. Doesnt seem quite so clinical as other hospitals. All medical staff are run ragged and all hospitals are being cut. I still feel St. Joseph's provides the best care with access to some of the best doctors

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

Value

Hospital is ok, recently fixed their wait times used to take forever. Still have plenty of c-difficile cases which is not good. Major complaint nurse who cared for me after my c section was rude when I asked for formula to feed my baby after he didn't eat for 12 hours. And we were buy a door that the staff kept slamming kept me n hubby up all night. However Head of Obstetrics and Gyno was awesome, he did my section and double stitched me. I healed really well so he rocks. This Hospital needs to work on its consistency with quality of care.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

Doctors at St Joseph's

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.