West Haldimand General Hospital

Hospital

Rate West Haldimand General Hospital

Ratings for West Haldimand General Hospital

Value

I work at that hospital and still travel to Dunnville Hospital. Whats that tell you?

flag | Submitted October 29, 2017

Value

I'm saddened to hear these experiences because this hospital has been very good to me and my family over the years. We usually end up having to go on the weekends because we all have our own family doctors we can see if anything comes up during the week. But, on the few weekends when something has happened that needs to be addressed immediately, we have been treated well. I understand if we have to wait and the staff spends some time talking between patients while they're waiting for instructions or test results. But, my elderly parents and I have always been able to have our concerns addressed without having to drive into Hamilton or Brantford and wait for hours. It does not have all the services of a big city hospital, but I am glad to have a hospital available in the country, so I don't have to drive to the city to have my elderly mother's head examined after she hit it and is seeing stars and feeling nauseous, or my elderly father's lungs examined when he has a fever and a cold on a Saturday night. I'm sorry others have had bad experiences. I hope some who have had good experiences can also write reviews.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Value

I was seen my the Emergency Physician on Monday evening and received a personal voice mail from him asking for me to call back and speak with him or the other covering doctor to discuss my results. I called the ER desk this afternoon only to speak with the RUDEST nurse EVER. She said you call your doctor and follow up or come back to the hospital and re-register and I will be seen again and I could discuss it with the Doctor who would be working. The Doctor and Nurse I was with Monday night were great but this hospital really is a JOKE !!!!!! Next time I will go to my vet for treatment as I truly believe they will do a better job!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Value

I was taken here with internal bleeding following an ectopic pregnancy. The nurse was rough with me and told me the doctor wasnt going to see me until I stopped screaming. My husband arrived soon after I had choked on my own vomit and passed out, and wasn't being monitored at all. After he left they put me in a linen closet until another ambulance arrived to take me to Brantford hospital, where I was immediately taken into emergency surgery. I have never been treated so poorly in my entire life

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Value

my wife and went here do to, her not able to pee, and when she does, blood comes out, well, the nurse that took all the info, wanted her to pee, she explained she can't, that's why we are here, the nurse told her, that until she can give a pee sample, she can't see the Dr. . we had to leave and go else were for help, I think it's time to take the code of ethics of the wall,

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

Value

A good place to go if death is the alternative available. I would not take my dog there. If you are bleeding out go but it is terrible. I received a commode but no toilet paper. No way to clean my hands. The doctor was abrupt and miserable. There was no call bell so I was told to call if I needed help.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

Value

Not only did I hear the nurse telling the Dr my symptoms ( along with her personal assumptions about me including I'm fat ...) the Dr that came in had the worst WORST bedside manner I've EVER experienced - I wish I got his name

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Value

Worst hospital family member has been to. We have instructed our parents to never return. Dad had a 2.5 week stay in ICU...communication between nurses and Doc was terrible making patient wait for meds/food/care. Nurses complained about having to care for 4 patients at a time and left meds on bedside table. Monitors beeped all day long and they were ignored...only when you asked why it was beeping they eventually came in the room. Tap water was like dirty pond water and nurses were mixing my Father's meds with it..we had to tell 3 nurses to not use it and they all said they were unaware of it although it was obviously just by looking at it..Nurses had plenty of time to gossip and catch up on their life/file nails/head out for lunch...nobody really seemed like they had a job to do. Dad called a few times for help to washroom and nobody seemed to care...Save yourself lots of headaches and go to a Hamilton hospital--Henderson/ General/ St.Joes....Like one of the nurses quoted to us.."if your Dad doesn't get better in 2 days we will send him to a REAL HOSPITAL".

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

Value

I don't make a habit of complaining about things online, but this needs to be said. I had been bitten buy a cat. Waited 48hrs. Swelling continued, so we went to Hagersville hospital (Tuesday July 21 2015 Emergency Room) to get it looked at. Arrived 6:50pm Got a Tetnus shot and a perscription. Talked to on duty doctor (Mary Randazzo) for less than 5 min's. Left at 10:50pm. During that time I got to listen to the staff gossip about their personal lives. And the on duty Doctor giving a lecture to the nursing staff about minimum patient quota per day. Talked to a woman who's husband waited 4 hrs to have something removed from his eye (took 5 min's) and a little 2 year old waited 4 hrs with a mother to have her broken arm put in a cast before that. THIS HOSPITAL IS ON A 4 HOUR PATIENT TURN-AROUND. NO MATTER WHAT TIME OF DAY OR HOW BUSY IT IS. "YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A PAWN IN THEIR PATHETIC WORK TO RULE GAME". If you want to truly understand what the term "Dog-Fu**ing" means, I urge you to visit the Hagersville Emergency room and watch the staff in action. They don't care about you, how you feel or their quality of service.. And the floors were filthy. This is not a simple rant... I would love to make an official complaint to someone with the authority to rectify this insulting patient process. I will never visit this Emergency Room again.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Value

Staff is more concerned with their gossip about vacation plans than patients. As residents of hagersville we drive the 45 min to Dunnville or Hamilton when we need to be seen. Absolutley terrible!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Doctors at West Haldimand General Hospital

Dr. Margaret Muirhead, Deceased

Dr. Margaret Muirhead, Deceased

Latest Rating

The best doctor anyone could ever ask for! She is admired and loved by all my family and she will truely be missed! xo