Quinte Health Care - Belleville General Hospital

Hospital

Rate Quinte Health Care - Belleville General Hospital

Ratings for Quinte Health Care - Belleville General Hospital

Value

Misdiagnosis at this joke of a hospital near killed me. An otherwise healthy 33 year old. My father had to travel 4 hours to bring me to Royal Victoria in Barrie because of this hospital turning me away numerous times saying it was “typical post surgical pain” and not doing a single test. I ended up having an abscess that ruptured and I was septic. If it wasn’t for my dad coming to get me and bringing me to a COMPETENT hospital my 4 year old would be motherless. Royal Vic Doctor was completely shocked at the lack of care. He said I would have been lucky if I made it another 48hrs the way I was going. I’d rather lay dying in a ditch before ever setting foot in this shit hole ever again.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

Value

Every time I come to the emerge I wait at least 6 hours and my mother sat in a hallway in a bed for 2 hours in severe pain.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Value

I was pregnant in my first trimester and bleeding severely with intense pain. (Induced by unsafe medications within pregnancy I was prescribed prior in this specific E.R). I waited 27 hours, TWENTY SEVEN, until I eventually miscarried and nearly fainted due to exhaustion. A nurse within the E.R merely stated that I should go home, rest and basically just assume I had miscarried, (or that I inevitably would), as the wait time was extensive. Unbelievable. By far the worst E.R I have ever witnessed in my entire life. Stop government funding for this hospital immediately, I’m positive more lives have been compromised or ended there than assisted or saved.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Value

Went for a legitimate emergency and I was treated promptly. Staff were compassionate, Dr was informative. Inpatient rooms old and outdated but the emergency department was beautiful. If you go for a cold or ear infection, something you can go to a walk in clinic for, expect to wait people - isn't first come first serve. If yall went to a walk in clinic for your colds and ear infections then ER wait times would be significantly shorter....

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Value

Worst hospital ever for wait times. 9 hours in the middle on the night with a baby and all we had done was an X-ray

flag | Submitted November 5, 2017

Value

unprofessional, incompetent staff--a disgrace to the health care profession-shameful

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Value

If you use the emergency department as, well, a place for medical emergencies and not as a walk-in-clinic, then your wait time will be reasonable. I've been here a couple times, once because of a bad cold, I went expecting to wait and I waited about 6hrs - which I think is reasonable for going to a hospital with a cold. There are going to be more emergent people than me and there are only 1-2 doctors to see everyone. Hospitals are not first come first serve. When I went in for a broken arm I was dealt with immediately. What would solve the problem is more walk-in-clinics and family doctors in this city - and thats not the hospitals fault. They do the best they can with the resources and information they have. The staff are always friendly, knowledgable and compassionate. Its very clean, there are always janitors going around cleaning.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2017

Value

My father died unnecessarily at this hospital, after acquiring numerous hospital acquired infections; this is pure negligence.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

Value

You spent all this money making a new emergency and said how it will make wait times so much shorter. Was there for 5hrs before being called in another 3 waiting to see the doctor. Also one hand does not know what the other hand is doing. Sitting there in the course of those 5 hrs 3 people left and went to other hospitals 3 left to go home, you hear how angry people are with bgh .BGH you really need to figure this out because it's not working........ lol

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Value

Dreadful emergency Dept. Disrespectful of patients and families. Demanded I drive from Toronto to Belleville at 3am to pick up 94 year old father. Arrogant, patronizing staff in emergency. VERY officious demeanor. No compassion. Unprofessional in the extreme. Nurse Manager of Emerg has no patient focus, perhaps this is where the problem originates or perhaps it originates even higher...?

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Doctors at Quinte Health Care - Belleville General Hospital

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.