General Hospital, Health Sciences Centre

Hospital

Rate General Hospital, Health Sciences Centre

Ratings for General Hospital, Health Sciences Centre

Value

I was at the Health Sciences Centre Emergency Room yesterday due to a significant issue (that I have been advised by my neurologist to go to the hospital if this issue happens). I arrived at 6:45 p.m. and did not get called in to see a doctor until 11:40 p.m. I was "discharged" at 11:45 p.m. - the doctor didn't do an examination, he didn't ask me any questions, he did nothing!!!!! If he felt that he couldn't do anything he should have called another doctor - that's what other doctors have done in the past! Before I left, I mentioned that coming here had been a waste of time. The doctor said it wasn't, even though he didn't do any examination or ask any questions; he basically told me to suffer until I see the specialist in mid-December! I know why the doctor said it wasn't a waste of time: Because he can bill the government for my visit and be paid for that visit. I was talking to someone else who saw this doctor as well while I was in the Health Sciences Centre Emergency Room's Entrance. This person was an older woman in her eighties. She had the same experience - the doctor didn't do anything for her either, not even a examination. We both agreed that there is one thing he cares about - the money.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2019

Value

Horrible staff that don't really care about the patient - they just care about the MCP Number.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2019

Value

Ridiculous wait times. Sometimes you get a doctor that won't do anything, not even an examination. I am better off just buying over-the-counter medication and hoping that works.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2019

Value

Horrible hospital that has nasty, rude staff. Poor

flag | Submitted October 16, 2019

Value

Horrible hospital that allows staff to treat patients like absolute filth.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2019

Value

Horrible wait yimes; staff dismiss you as if you're lying even if you're not asking for drugs!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2019

Value

Horrible hospital with staff that care more about the money than the patient.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2019

Value

Staff and wait times are terrible. There should be better wait times and staff that actually care about the patient working here!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2019

Value

Staff is okay, wait times are terrible, should have move doctors working in the ER

flag | Submitted July 6, 2019

Value

I have had tests and also have used the emergency dept.. Despite understaffing and underfunding, the staff are generally superb, and the care I experienced excellent. The hospital shows signs of wear and tear but it is clean. As it is a critical care and trauma hospital with a large service area, waits are inevitable though regrettable. There are problems but it is not the fault if the dedicated staff.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2019

Doctors at General Hospital, Health Sciences Centre

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.