James Paton Memorial Hospital

Hospital

Rate James Paton Memorial Hospital

Ratings for James Paton Memorial Hospital

Value

The EKG department at JPM hospital does not properly respect a women's modesty or dignity. Ask for a sheet to cover your chest during EKG electrode placement and testing, make sure you are properly covered during a stress test . Leave your bra on for a Holter Monitor test, for years Gander hospital has told women to "undress from the waist up" for this simple test, St.John's and Corner Brook just ask women to open up their blouse and leave the bra on for the very same procedure! Demand better respect.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

Value

Spent several days in hospital after having my baby. OBS staff are great but need to be more organized when it comes to patient care. I found one nurse would direct me to breast feed every 3 hours and then after shift change another nurse would tell me to let my child sleep and nurse when he woke up. Being a new mom I found it very confusing. My child had a lot of health issues which made things even more complicated. I felt like I was out of the loop on things. Overall the nurses on OBS were great to work with.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

Value

I have a friend who is right now sitting in emergency crazy in pain. Was on 6 morphine a day. Dr seen her yesterday and said he was going to increase it. Never happened and tonight the nurse haven’t even had the decency to bring her the pill for suppertime yet and she will soon be due for her bedtime one. Been there since yesterday afternoon and haven’t came in to change her . The bandages they put on yesterday are wet and in need of changing. She is waiting on a room. She understands they are busy but they can find time I’m sure to give her a pain pill the she is supposed to have had hours ago. She is crying in pain and being ignored. She is in there alone. Time for these issues to be dealt with. Hire the staff that’s needed to get those beds opened for God Sakes. Animals are treated far better !!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

Value

My partner went for an EKG before she was ask to get undressed the nurse left the room and the male tech asked her to undress and put all the leads on her without the female nurse there as the female nurse left the room to talk to someone and left her alone with him.Central health i hope you read these reviews as this is putting patients at risk of assult.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

Value

The medical treatment of this hospital is terrible. My mother died because they didn't have anyone on the weekend to do a procedure. And by the time they had someone she was too sick to have it. I am So angry I don't even think they knew she was going to pass away and how sick she was and she died alone. Incompetent is an understatement. Our plan was to retire home. You wouldn't pay me enough money to live close to this hospital.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Value

Not a place to go if you are sick. You will wait for hours in emergency. Very rude staff.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

Value

The only problem I have with JPM is they NEED to start enforcing the law when it comes to people parking in the handicapped spaces, especially the couple right across from the hospital entrance. My husband has really bad neuropathy in his feet and we have had to park in the parking spaces in the parking lot farther away about 98 % of the time we have gone there because there has been at least one vehicle with no visible handicapped sticker parked in the ones closer to the hospital . For someone like my husband, we may as well be parked by the mall instead of the handicapped parking else where at JPM , the out come is the same.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Value

went to my appointment with sugon for stomach problems for last two year and he told me i was physo pathic wtf is on the go

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Value

Terrible. Its now 6am and no emergancy doctor. Ive been here since 3 am . Im the only one here

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Value

The paramedics, staff of emergency and the third floor staff were outstanding in caring for my wife during an emergency landing at Gander airport on October 31st, 2014. Everyone showed caring and compassion and were extremely helpful for myself in making arrangements to get back home after my wife was released.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Doctors at James Paton Memorial Hospital

Dr. Pieter Van Heerden

Dr. Pieter Van Heerden

Latest Rating

Dr. Van heerdan is the best there is. so very warm and understanding,pleasent and he did an awesome job with my two hip replacments.Everything is working fine and I ... Read more

Dr. Edmund Collins

Dr. Edmund Collins

Latest Rating

Quiet ...sweet...intelligent....a feeling of security about my eyes etc ..with this good Doctor....i have known him for over 40 yrs...

Dr. Agatha Afadapa-Ipaye

Dr. Agatha Afadapa-Ipaye

Latest Rating

Really wonderful Pediatrician! Feel very luck to have her. Both her and her staff have been wonderful to work with. High recommended

Dr. Joseph Taj

Dr. Joseph Taj

Latest Rating

Took time to explain everything and genuinely cared for my child!!

Dr. Robert Russell

Dr. Robert Russell

Latest Rating

I think he is the best, and his staff is the most friendly and caring you could ever have. He is a great surgeon, and has been my Dr. for more than 10 years... ( e... Read more

Dr. Joe Tumilty

Dr. Joe Tumilty

Latest Rating

Dr.Tumility did my hip replacement and the revision to correct the faulty cup. I had no issues with him. He doesn’t beat around. Up front. Enjoyed my time their with... Read more

Dr. Steven Madu

Dr. Steven Madu

Latest Rating

Responsible for the deals of children. Lack of knowledge and carelessness ruined th lives of several woman.

Dr. Andrew Verniquet

Dr. Andrew Verniquet

Latest Rating

Very nice doctor! I had complications after my c section and he took the time to explain things to me and reassured me everything would be okay.

Dr. John Haggie

Dr. John Haggie

Latest Rating

in my opinion he does not care about the health care system. He worked in Gander for years and he knows there are serious issues there but does nothing about it. Peo... Read more

Dr. Osi John Ozoh

Dr. Osi John Ozoh

Latest Rating

He is a great doctor! best i know, very nice and helpful (: