Thompson General Hospital

Hospital

Rate Thompson General Hospital

Ratings for Thompson General Hospital

Value

Absolutely horrible. I have a pepper allergy and when I was in TGH to have my baby, the nurses brought me food with peppers in it when I told them I was allergic. I complained and they took it away and brought me a dry turkey sandwich instead of a meal. I later heard the nurses talking about me saying that I probably don’t have an allergy and I just don’t like peppers😡 every time I was in the maternity ward I heard the nurses talking s*** about me. The hospital is poorly cleaned and the doctors don’t listen to you. After being admitted for a week and a lot of unnecessary tests, they couldn’t find out what’s wrong so they shipped me off to Winnipeg where they also couldn’t find out what’s wrong. Turns out my gallbladder had crapped out and I was getting severe attacks and neither hospital did anything about it.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2018

Value

This is the worst hospital ever. The place is filthy and the staff are brutal. The doctors can't tell their butts from their faces! Save yourself, don't go there!!!!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2018

Value

I have had a number of experiences in the 40 hears I have lived in Thompson. I would recommend that anyone who feels uncomfortable with a diagnoses they have received, go to Winnipeg. Don’t trust the doctors in thompson hospital have your best interests on top of the list. I had a urinary tract infection that developed into acute renal failure, that landed me in a lifetime hooked up to machine for dialysis. the doctors in Thompson hospital emergency felt they could handle the problem in the thompson hospital. After doing a lot of research, I came to understand it’s all about which budget the money is coming out of. 4 days in Thompson was a lot cheaper than the trip to Winnipeg. But understand that our tax dollars are paying for me to be on dialysis for the rest of my life, 3 times a week, far more tha $500 each time, but Thompson administration doesn’t care, it’s out of Health Sciences budget. But what a waste of money and a perfectly healthy taxpayers retirement savings.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Value

Hospital Mental health service is joke. Time waisted.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Value

Very poor hospital. Was left on a bed that had someone else's blood on it still, and was waiting 12 hours only to be sent home with Advil. Almost killed me because of it.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Value

The main problem with the ER doctors here is that your gambling on what kind of doctor you're getting, this place DOES have physicians who actually care and are quite competent at their work. However, from what I've what seen, heard, and experienced, doctors who are only working their job for the money involved and care little for the well-being of patients, another are racist doctors who barely treat non-caucasians any better than one would seeing a seagull fly into a telephone wire. God forbid the doctor is a mix of these. I once saw a senior having severe chest pain and overheard him complaining(and rightfully so)about having to wait 5 hours in the waiting room, the floor of which was covered in garbage because patients can't bother looking for a garbage can. These kind of doctors are a problem for the town as a whole, the ones at the burntwood clinic aren't any better. The Northern Health Region should really look into this problem because if there is a deadly viral outbreak, this will come back to bite absolutely everyone.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Value

I have lived many places in both the USA and Canada, The service at TGH is very poor and condescending towards patients. I felt my integrity was not a priority at this hospital. Waiting times in the ER are horrendous, while I waited for 4 hours, I watched the desk staff, nurses and physicians visiting, joking, eating and just plain taking their time to see patients in the ER waiting room. Very unprofessional and degrading to non caucasian patients in need of medical service.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2011

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Latest Rating

Dr. Azzam is a wonderful obstetrician/gynaecologist. I have been lucky enough to meet him during my pregnancy in Charlottetown, PEI. I would recommend him to anyone!... Read more

Dr. Nihad Nagy William

Dr. Nihad Nagy William

Latest Rating

Dr. William is very thorough and caring Thanks Dr. William!

Dr. Adam Amadu

Dr. Adam Amadu

Latest Rating

My son broke his arm jumping on a trampoline. Dr. Amadu was working the emerge It only took him one try to manipulate my son’s broken bones back in place I was n... Read more

Dr. Hisham Tassi

Dr. Hisham Tassi

Latest Rating

Dr. Tassi is very caring and helpful. I understand that he is also the chief of the hospital and yet he always gives sufficient time . ++++++

Dr. Jurie Botha

Dr. Jurie Botha

Latest Rating

Dr. Botha was my doctor when I lived in Nunavut. He was the best doctor I had while I was living there. I was going through some medical issues and Dr. Botha would n... Read more

Dr. Anil Pandey

Dr. Anil Pandey

Latest Rating

my son went to see for 15 min first visit told him everything is fine!!

Dr. Parminder Dev

Dr. Parminder Dev

Latest Rating

She is a real chiropractor, too bad I heard she is leaving, but then all the good doctors leave.