BC Cancer Agency - Vancouver Island

Hospital

Rate BC Cancer Agency - Vancouver Island

Ratings for BC Cancer Agency - Vancouver Island

Value

I hope I never have to go there. My spouse lead a very clean life and somehow developed lung cancer. Because lung cancer is terminal I had the impression what the doctors were doing was just lip service. They rushed in to a meeting and rushed out leaving us with many questions. The counselling staff was okay but IMO unless they have experienced a situation like this, they have no real answers. We were afraid to say much because anything which sounds like hurting oneself raises a red flag. The cancer went to the brain and there was no empathy. This caused death. After seeing about 6 oncologists, a handful of nurses and some counsellors nobody even bothered to phone or drop by to express sympathy. My spouse was just a number.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

Value

The quality of service, provision of treatment, attitude of the professionals and facility environment were all excellent. Though they must have thousands of patients, I felt a high level of individual attention and interest. It has made me convinced that salaried (well-paid of course) doctors (oncologists, etc.) and public facilities are a much better option for quality health care than fee for service, income motivated medicine.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Value

Excellent help all the time. Prompt responses on all inquiries. Appointments are scheduled with lots of lead time.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Value

The worse health care centre I've had been to. Most of the nurses who work for the agency's nurse line are rude, unprofessional and are zero help. The on call doctors don't bother calling you back and blame you for not calling back to follow up or just don't know the answer to any of your questions. The blood services staff have made many mistakes with my files and blood samples. The specialists forget to send you important requisitions, etc. I can write a book about all the issues I've had with this agency and I'm just a new patient. Dealing with cancer is already stressful and the agency makes the stress level go up to the roof instead of helping you have a less stressful life.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Doctors at BC Cancer Agency - Vancouver Island

Dr. Elaine Wei

Dr. Elaine Wei

Latest Rating

Dr. Wai, helped me ver much. She answered all my questions in a manner which I was able to understand clearly. She is very patient and a good listener. I honestly... Read more

Dr. Zia Poonja

Dr. Zia Poonja

Latest Rating

This physician was able to take me from an emotional state to a relaxed educated patient by the end of my appointment. I really like this doctor and left his office... Read more