BC Cancer Agency

Hospital

Rate BC Cancer Agency

Ratings for BC Cancer Agency

Value

I have nothing good to say about the Surrey location of BC Cancer Agency. You would think they would try to help as most people they treat are dying. Oncologists have no empathy, you are just a number. Pain Clinic is a joke. Tried and tried to get proper pain relief for my husband. My husband was given 1 year and he lasted 6 weeks. No help and they were matter of fact, absolutely no empathy. I had to call in Home Care with BC Health Care and they got things sorted out and I finally got proper pain relief for my husband. Unfortunately he lived only another week. No thanks to BC Cancer Agency.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

Value

The BC cancer agency is a circus. No body seems to know what their doing. I've had 3 different nurses to remind me if the same appointment within a 3hr period. Not to mention how burnt out, miserable, and terrible the nurses appear. As for the doctors and oncologists they just treat you as a number and barely speak. You'd think they were mute and even inept however their expensive shoes make up for the level of idiocy they display. The BC cancer agency is a joke. If you want to be around idiots and enjoy inept workers by all means join the circus but be for warned.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

Value

Having a family member diagnosed with C is a scary thing. But coming to the BC Cancer Institute one is impressed by the quality of care, the professionalism of staff and the upbeat milieu. Expressions of compassion combine with attentive, intelligent care. Volunteers add their support and this speaks to a sense of community values. Healthcare in Canada seems to have areas with a decline in timely access and quality, but so far our experience in this facility - sector has been positive. I would love to see standard of care across the board meet this benchmark.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

Value

If you are unfortunate enough to be here, you can at least be very thankful for the top notch staff! The doctors, lab technicians, chemo nurses, counsellor, and radiation therapists are great. The BC cancer is highly regarded across the country. Some parts of the building seem newer than others and the building is generally very clean as hospitals go. Lots and lots of hand sanitizing stations for patients and staff to use.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Doctors at BC Cancer Agency

Dr. David H. Yang

Dr. David H. Yang

Latest Rating

Dr. Yang is one of the most professional and understanding oral surgeons I know to date. He is kind, calming, and very punctual, where him and his organized staff w... Read more

Dr. Mark Heywood

Dr. Mark Heywood

Latest Rating

How grateful I was that Dr. Heywood was the surgeon assigned to me when I had a hysterectomy last January 2017. In my case, with the suspected difficulty with the... Read more

Dr. Tom Pickles

Dr. Tom Pickles

Latest Rating

Extremely pleased with Dr Pickles and the successful procedure.

Dr. Paul Hoskins

Dr. Paul Hoskins

Latest Rating

Dr. Hoskins is a very professional and caring doctor!

Dr. Lina Jung

Dr. Lina Jung

Latest Rating

Dr. Jung was the first doctor to actually explain the links between oral health and the rest of my body. Very knowledgeable doctor. Her exam and treatment suggesti... Read more

Dr. Dan Le

Dr. Dan Le

Latest Rating

Dr. Le has very good bedside manner and is a caring doctor. Listens to concerns and is patient. The whole team at the BCCA seems to be efficient and caring.

Dr. Peter Lim

Dr. Peter Lim

Latest Rating

Dr Lim has no sympathy, kind of rude and came late every appointment.

Dr. Philippa Hawley

Dr. Philippa Hawley

I find Dr Hawley immensely knowledgeable and kind

Dr. Emma Beardsley

Dr. Emma Beardsley

Latest Rating

Friendly and easygoing. Treats the patient not the X-ray.

Dr. Mira Keyes