Richmond General

Hospital

Rate Richmond General

Ratings for Richmond General

Value

I had an appendix that was left to rupture while I hung out from 10 AM to 10 PM in Emergency before I went to surgery. It was removed by laparoscopy so I should have gone home the next day but contracted C Difficile so spent a week in the maternity ward (great quiet room) and then the surgical ward (insane accommodation) until I was quarantined to a private room. Nurses are so amazing but the cleaning by this for-profit US company is not evident. Next time I will get the ambulance to bypass our Richmond Hospital. No one would admit that I had C Diff so it went untreated for 3 week after discharge as I was not sent home on antibiotics.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Value

Very clean overall. One of the best hospitals around. Staff are outstanding from cleaners to doctors, nurses, technicians. Provides every possible service that is in the allowed provincial budget for the hospital and delivers beyond expectations. UBC was thick with dust, and you should have seen the dirt and dust undefined the bed. I'm Asthmatic and had an attack within moments of entering the room... had to have the room recleaned before I could go back in. Richmond's facility was spotless. Now if they could get people to obey the no perfumes signs, people like me will be able to actually breathe!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Value

Hospital is not clean.Most of the staff are good but there was a couple who never should have been health care members. I spent three nights there after hip revision.Had two hips done last year in UBC hospital.What a difference Hope I never have to go into RGH again.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

Doctors at Richmond General

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.