South Okanagan General Hospital

Hospital

Rate South Okanagan General Hospital

Ratings for South Okanagan General Hospital

Value

My husband was going through withdrawals trying to clean up his life. His blood pressure was extremely high, sweating profusely, heart racing and instead of treating him like they would every other patient by running blood work ect ect they sent him away and said he was fine... if he wasnt honest about his withdrawals he would have had every test ran on him... The judgemental doctors should be ashamed of themselves.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

Value

I would just like to say if I get ill or have an emergency I will be going to Penticton .I was an employee at this site a long term care aide for over ten years. Every day you worked short handed over load of aggressive people there. We need to look at where people are being sent. I went to work over two years ago and was beat up by a resident. Kicked hit swore at and punched in the face. I now live learning how to live with my injuries my pain my triggers and my PTSD. My life has changed, and it's not for the good. I believe I had the right to go to work and be safe it is part of our agreement. Instead I have not heard from any one at interior health or from my union or my team. I sat in emergency that day for over three hours waiting, after being beat up. Classy I'm ashamed to say I was employed by interior health and the B.S it stands for. I won't ever return to my job because I'm messed up. Messed up by the hands of some one who clearly needed different help, that we could not provide. I'm a care aide and I believe we are on the front line, working short handed. I'm broken and it has new challenges every day. Shame on ignoring this issue. Don't throw your arms up and say you didn't know or hear about my case. Myself and family and friends I tell them to go else wear. Oliver had a good team at one point ? So where did they go? Because no one was there for me I have never been more sickened than I am the past few years. You certainly don't protect your workers that's pretty clear. But maybe there's hope that one day it improves and family members must get involved in the care of their residents We are care givers...... NOT PUNCHING BAGS

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

Value

Going to SOGH emergency is a crapshoot of weather you get competent medical care. The first time my husband was admitted to SOGH he has pneumonia filling both of his lungs and instead of receiving treatment he was admitted to the ward until his oxygen level dropped below 70% when they had to rush him to Penticton where he had to be intibated and was on life support for 11 days. On two other occasions he was admitted to SOGH with lung infections and hew was treated so callously by the medical staff that he begged me to take him to Penticton, which I had to do as they refused to transfer him (on one occassion the nurse left his IV in and told me to just "yank it out" if I changed my mind about taking him to Penticton.) Now I take him by car straight to Penticton instead of calling an ambulance that has to take him to the nearest hospital which is SOGH.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Value

The staff, from Admitting to nurse and doctor care, have always been courteous, efficient and helpful whenever we have had to use their services. ER wait times are reasonable and scheduled services normally occur on time. This hospital exceeds all our expectations of care.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

Doctors at South Okanagan General Hospital

Dr. Christiaan Van Der Westhuizen

Dr. Christiaan Van Der Westhuizen

Latest Rating

Dr Van Der Westhuizen was filling in for my regular doctor in Ponoka, AB, for a few weeks. He is relaxed and really listens to his patients and is willing to try dif... Read more

Dr. Alan Ruddiman

Dr. Alan Ruddiman

Latest Rating

Likes the sound of his own voice. Not sincere and was perhaps a good doctor before. Well suited for politics, not medicine.