Ridge Meadows Hospital

Hospital

Rate Ridge Meadows Hospital

Ratings for Ridge Meadows Hospital

Value

This hospital has to be the worst lower mainland. Sent home an end stage cancer patient because there was no ultrasound tech to drain 4 liters of fluid from belly. He's in excruciating pain. Was told we'd get a call to come next day and it would be done today. Talked to radiology and was told they have begged the drs not to say that because they are only open mon-fri, 8-4. So we wasted 24 hrs watching him suffer when we could of gone to a better equipt hospital.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

Value

This is in regards to radiology at RM Hospital. I just had a specialist consult and was reviewing ctscans done at RM raidiology dept and there was no mention of a problem although the problem was clearly visible in 2016, 2014 - these scans were done to monitor a situation and from their reports there was no abnormalities. So if the radiologists cant understand if there is an issue are not well trained enough to see them on a scan when they do a report for work why would I or anyone ever choose to use RM radiology again?

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

Value

lmao.. the place is clean but the doctors here are terrible! in all departments. don't waste your time going here unless absolute emergency.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2017

Value

Very rude and unprofessional psych nurse who accused me of being manipulative for presenting with acute suicidality. I was told that I was not suicidal, and was sent away from emergency. I went home and made a serious suicide attempt. I blame the doctor and nurse who saw me. The nurse was yelling in from of all the staff that I was manipulative in saying I was suicidal.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

Value

First set of X-rays I had done were for an ankle injury. When I walked in the room there were dirty linens on the table. The technitian took the linens off the table and then proceeded to get me onto the table without it being wiped down. Second set of X-rays at a later date were done for my sinuses. The technitian for these X-rays was extremely rude, and got mad because I had politely asked her to clean the dried blood that was on the board that I had to put my face up against. The lack of sanitary practice is exactly how disease is spread. Not acceptable.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Value

Unprofessional uncaring psychiatry nurse, very rude to my son. Just walked away and said you don't know w anything about controlling your temper

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

Value

Not busy and very thorough about the symptoms accompanied with the pain. Great nurses and the doctor had a wonderful bed manor that I have not seen in any hospitals in the lower mainland. Especially the over busy over run abbotsoford hospital. I k of where I am going next time!!,! Such a more relaxing experience! Cudos to the staff there!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Value

Recently had orthopaedic surgery by Dr. Chancey. Excellent surgeon, staff, care, food. Excellent care in Rehab, and now Physio. Can't say enough good things.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

Value

This place is dangerously overworked and understaffed, it is a filthy and disgusting place. Don't be fooled by the Emerg...go look at the second floor most often the toilets don't work it looks third world......worse....it's so disgusting, look what is fed to patients....I would not feed my dog......and I don't expect much. I needed antbiotics for contact infection from that place tv needs to go in there to the second floor where the poor seniors are kept...it's so gross you would never think it's ok for Canadian standards......people need to go see.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Value

DO NOT BRING ANYONE YOU CARE ABOUT TO EMERGENCY HERE!! If there are serious issues on hand! We had over 9 visits in one month and they just kept sending her back, given two prescriptions for something that was not even valid and the wrong prescription that interacts badly with her medications. The 7th visit over drugged her then admitted, given 3 different medications that could kill her changing it when notified she cant be taking them. sent home returned next day because medications prescribed once again pretty much made her unresponsive. Dr in am wanted to stop all new medications. New Dr came in from shift change and was about to give her the same medications that put her back there then said oh I should read the charts and follow up with last Dr. Like what the heck. They pretty much are just over sedating her and causing more harm than good with no accurate diagnosis. Most of the Staff are Rude the place is dirty and patients are ignored. Vital machines are beeping constantly with out being checked just ignored. This place needs to be replaced by Dr's who actually care and nurses who want to do their jobs. We had 1 good Dr from all the visits to the ER for all those times., but still nothing . Lack of communication between staff about client care and lack of knowledge of patient history. Truly disgusted by the care RMH gives. If you have to come here watch over your loved one and ask all the questions you can and always be aware of what medications they are pumping into them. One bad mistake or careless act can kill, than its to late...

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Doctors at Ridge Meadows Hospital

Dr. Clarence Fernandes, Deceased

Dr. Clarence Fernandes, Deceased

Latest Rating

He was the best Doctor ever. Finding a new one isnt easy. Is there any way that I could get my file sent to a new Doctor when I find a new Doctor. I was a patient fo... Read more

Dr. Gregory Harrington

Dr. Gregory Harrington

Latest Rating

I am giving a 'Knowledge' rating of 4 as, based on other reviews, I assume he know his field of expertise. However, his verdict to eradicate my ED (Erectile Dysfunct... Read more

Dr. Dennis Chapman, Retired

Dr. Dennis Chapman, Retired

Latest Rating

They never dumped patients! He was a great GP. Had him as a doctor since I was a kid.

Dr. Cilliers Marais

Dr. Cilliers Marais

Latest Rating

He was my doctor from the time I was a teen mother, he has now delivered all 4 of my kids, and has become our family doctor. I am very grateful for him. I do my best... Read more

Dr. Marni Heed

Dr. Marni Heed

Latest Rating

My mom (95) was rushed into emergency with a blockage.Dr Heed took care of her in emergency and up to surgery.She did a great job and was professional both in the ho... Read more

Dr. Paul Beckett

Dr. Paul Beckett

Latest Rating

Dr. Bekkett has helped me save my life, the best addictions doctor i have ever had ( and i have had many) he really cares, he is amazing.

Dr. Anne Bethan Chancey

Dr. Anne Bethan Chancey

Latest Rating

I visited her for a snowboarding accident with a fractured sternoclavicle and she took the time to go over everything with me and answered all my questions. She did... Read more

Dr. Ward Tinney

Dr. Ward Tinney

Latest Rating

Best Doctor I've had. Great bedside manner. Willing to go the extra mile to make you healthy again. You are lucky if you have him for a Doctor.

Dr. Craig Lytle

Dr. Craig Lytle

Latest Rating

Great Dr always goes the extra mile to resolve issue

Dr. Ian Dugdale

Dr. Ian Dugdale

Latest Rating

Dr. Dugdale is a very capable G.P.! My whole family has trusted him for 10+ years! Highly recommended!