Burnaby Hospital

Burnaby Hospital

Hospital

Rate Burnaby Hospital

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for Burnaby Hospital

Value

This hospital is the worst on the planet. Do not go there.

Submitted March 29, 2017 | flag

Value

I found the nurses confident and caring and the doctors knowledgeable

Submitted April 22, 2016

Value

How many people does this hospital want to kill?
No seriously. Went for a massive nosebleed, waited more than 3 hours for only one doctor to come. Terrible, absolutely outrageous.

Submitted Feb. 15, 2016 | flag

Value

The culture of the PATH Unit is one of indifference and neglect. Some of the staff are okay, but most just do not care about the patients, or are incompetent and dishonest. Head Nurse has no interest in improving the care in this unit. No idea why a person like her went into nursing.

Submitted Dec. 18, 2015 | flag

Value

My husband had to go to ER due to severe diarrhea. After a 2-½ hour wait in a smelly cubicle my husband my husband asked a passing nurse when could a doctor attend to him. Her answer I don't know there are other patients who are in more serious condition than you and there is only ONE doctor here right now.!" My husband said we are hungry. Nurse answered " you can go anytime nobody is stopping you" in a tone that shows no sympathy at all and would be happy if every patient at the ER walks out and just leave them alone. After 5 minutes THE Doctor comes and yes not looking at my husbands record which he has in his hands but asked as questions which are all found in my husband's record. Finally, he says he cannot do anything for my husband and that we should call our doctor on what to do. It took him maybe 3 minutes to do all this and good bye. My husband had diarrhea for more than 48 hours interval of 2-3 hours of going to the toilet and of course feeling very weak that's why we were at the ER to get some relief. I am posting this hoping for some positive change at Burnaby Hospital. Your saving grace are the nurses and yes most of them are Filipinos doing a good job at attending to patients' needs.

Submitted Aug. 4, 2015 | flag

Value

While I can't speak on Burnaby Hospital as a whole, I can speak on their ER department. I have never seen hospital staff so miserable at their jobs and treat patients with such disrespect as I have at Burnaby General, especially its nurses. This hospital's ER needs a major staff renovation.

Submitted July 8, 2015 | flag

Value

When my 89 year old mother was admitted with a fractured hip, there was no nurse to help the emergency nurse make the stretcher/bed as my mother lay on it. I had to roll my mother over on her side, while the nurse made up half of the bed, then she rolled her over while I pulled the bedding under her and made up the other side. The nurse who should have been there had been called up to work in a ward. My mother was finally operated on after a wait of double the maximum time surgery should be done, due to the fact that the doctor was overworked and felt unsafe. After her surgery, she was got up once on her feet by physic and then told that they were too busy to get her up any more. I got her up on her feet twice a day and had her walking first in the ward and by the end of the week she was walking (with her walker), down the halls of the hospital and was discharged. I was told by the care home that they usually never come back.

Submitted Sept. 14, 2013 | flag

Value

I watch my mother die after 3 1/2 weeks of torture in this hospital,not only did i see how my mother was treated but other people its sad and frustrating . My mother mentioned to her GP she had the same pains she had 40 yrs ago from an ulcer that perforated, she told them daily it was ulcer pain. My mother was a young 82 ,she couldn't stand the pain any more called 911, the report said when she was admitted that" this 82 yr old lady is in remarkable health" so how does that happen dead 3 1/2 weeks later people don't die from ulcer these days.the medical system let us down, just didn't listen to my mom. Her ulcer perforated again they operated when it was to late. This was all reported to the college of physicians and surgeons and still going on. Please do not let this go on without a fight , one day it could be us. I believe like I wanted to was move mom to another hospital they said it would not be worth it. Wish I didn't listen. She would still be here.

Submitted March 12, 2013 | flag

Value

A member of my family was admitted with a simple UTI. When I arrived she was coherent and able to speak to me. She was assessed by a doctor once and then he disappeared. The nurses were left to manage my family members care and were clearly frustrated by the lack of help they were receiving. Long story short, I was with my family member for several hours in the hospital and I witnessed her rapid deterioration into severe septic shock. They were going to discharge my family member onto a general ward but thank God there was one nurse on the floor who insisted my family member remain in emergency. she was finally sent to the ICU. I watched helplessly for several days, listening to monitors, watching her heart rise to danger levels and her blood pressure continue to drop. I will always remember the sound of all the alarms on the monitors as she lay dying and witnessing her horrific death. Statistics don't lie! Stay away from poorly rated facilities. Learn from my experience!!

Submitted Feb. 16, 2013 | flag

Value

The staff are over worked. Fraser Health are very difficult to deal with. If you can find anyone.

Submitted Jan. 13, 2013 | flag