Burnaby General Hospital

Hospital

Rate Burnaby General Hospital

Ratings for Burnaby General Hospital

Value

The Burnaby General Hospital Emergency Department needs some serious review of staff habits and procedures as well as deal with the bottlenecks and delays of internal service between the different departments in order to establish improved patient care in a timely fashion. Here are some of the essentials that need to take place before I ever visit the BGH Emergency Department again: 1. All Emergency care staff need to learn proper staff-patient interaction by being honest, polite, organized, and effective. Professionalism should be a high priority, which it currently is not! 2. The bottlenecks and areas of delay within BGH need to be established and improved immediately by doing proper time and motion studies as well as critical path analysis and taking action as soon as possible. 3. Periodic reviews need to take place to ensure personal and professional discipline in doing the right things are actually happening. If BGH were a business today it would be out of business tomorrow for the management and staff there are doing a lot of things that are counterproductive and inefficient. The problems really start with BGH management staff since they are to set the standards they and their staff under them are to follow, and right now this is very poor. To make the claim that BGH is underfunded by the government and that this is the cause for the long patient wait times (in my case over 6 hours for a routine scan that took less than 5 minutes) is ridiculous based on what I saw happening. Here are some of the things I saw: 1. Files went missing and staff were asking where the patient file was. 2. The same questions were asked by the emergency room staff over and over again as if one was to expect a different answer. 3. The police needed a form for a patient and the emergency room staff ran out of the form and could not make a copy from their computer (why?) 4. I asked what the cause of the delay was after my scan was completed and the answer was always the same. We are waiting for the doctor to review the scan. I asked can I be send home and after the results of the scan are completed I return and they said no. So BGH gets an F rating from me and the main problem is not the front line staff but management, who needs to set the bar much higher for everyone working at BGH and most certainly not continue doing "business as usual" for that is less than professional!!!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

Value

People in the medical field know this hospital is a mess, and is poorly managed. Look up infection rates at this hospital, such as "C. Difficile." there are some great doctors and nurses here, in my experience, but I wouldn't want surgery or anything major done here until the higher ups clean up their act!

Submitted October 2, 2017

Value

Staff are knowledgeable & caring, especially nurses & doctors are competent or exceptional. Even the cleaners are friendly. The food is terrible but otherwise my experience during a five day stay was great.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

Value

It's the most useless and stupid hospital in the world.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

Value

great smaller hospital.................easy to get around......all friendly

Submitted May 19, 2017

Value

Couldn't help it but to press the buzzer coz I needed my pain med for my liver cyst but what I got is a nurse asking "what do you need?.. we're all very busy right now." Made me so angry!!! I'd rather pretend to be well to be sent home and just wait for my surgery that will be in RCH next week. Heard that's a better hospital to go to.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Value

The Canadian Hospital Reporting Project shows that Burnaby Hospital was the worst in Canada from 2010 to 2012 in category patient safety and quality of care. In my opinion, it is still the worst hospital in Canada.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Value

From admissions to post and preop, I had a great experience, my surgeon Dr Cuddington is fantastic. Everyone in the OR were just great. Take great care of you in recovery as well.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Value

Worst hospital on the planet. This hospital has also the worst nurses on the planet.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Value

The stuff gave me Tylenol that I did not have any pain. And did not give me it than I have really heavy pain after surgery, even if I asked many times. So, bring some Tylenol with you, if you do not want a heart attack. :) Food was despicable, but I understood that it was a not a 5-star hotel. Nurses were good.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Doctors at Burnaby General Hospital

Dr. Salim Lalani

Dr. Salim Lalani

Latest Rating

I do not recommend him. he was late. he had one of his UBC students to consult with me while he was in the other room. my appointment: first 20 mins was just waitin... Read more

Dr. Jean-Noel Mahy

Dr. Jean-Noel Mahy

Latest Rating

Although I gave a 3/5 for punctuality, that's only because he had to reschedule me a few times as he was on call at Burnaby General and had to attend emergencies. ... Read more

Dr. lucas soswa

Dr. lucas soswa

Latest Rating

I have had a total knee replacement done by Dr. Soswa and can't praise him and his staff enough! At my initial appointment he took the time to explain my options, ev... Read more

Dr. Glen Freedman

Dr. Glen Freedman

Latest Rating

First off the guy looks like he is on some sort of medication himself. He is very rude. He has a sloppy unprofessional appearance. Closed my file after 2nd visit...c... Read more

Dr. Nirmal Kang

Dr. Nirmal Kang

Latest Rating

lier torturer abuser and all possible bad words sarcastic murder ....if i know all bad possible words 5o of them i write here ...

Dr. Jiong John Wu

Dr. Jiong John Wu

Latest Rating

I can only speak from personal experience. Dr Wu accurately diagnosed my condition and offered helpful prescriptions.

Dr. Jong John Johnny Wu