Burnaby General Hospital

Burnaby General Hospital

Hospital

Rate Burnaby General Hospital

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for Burnaby General Hospital

Value

Worst hospital on the planet. This hospital has also the worst nurses on the planet.

Submitted March 30, 2017 | flag

Value

The stuff gave me Tylenol that I did not have any pain. And did not give me it than I have really heavy pain after surgery, even if I asked many times. So, bring some Tylenol with you, if you do not want a heart attack. :) Food was despicable, but I understood that it was a not a 5-star hotel.
Nurses were good.

Submitted Nov. 15, 2016 | flag

Value

One doctor caring for the emergency and the words patients. One always have to wait for hours. Avoid if you can help it.

Submitted Nov. 14, 2016 | flag

Value

I have no choice. The hospital is the one the ambulances take you to. Avoid this place if you have a choice.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2016 | flag

Value

Oldest hospital on the planet. Services match. Mom died after a simple test. They were so uncaring.

Submitted Oct. 4, 2016 | flag

Value

Was in BGH for knee replacement surgery. Post surgery was in post op for 8 hours until a bed was ready on a hard gurney with no food and very poor care. Food was despicable! Ward was noisy and couldn't get sleep with so many interruptions. IV stopped working and it took 2 nurses and 12 tries to get it in right, they finally called a nurse from a different ward to get it right. Was supposed to be in hospital for 3 days but after speaking to my amazing surgeon he let me go home after 1 1/2 days. Hope I NEVER have to be in Burnaby Hospital ever again!

Submitted Sept. 14, 2016 | flag

Value

The staff were actually quite good especially the nurses in Ward 2C. Nicole and Claudia were awesome, funny, kind, and talked with me without treating me like they were humoring me. the Dr. on the ward(I cannot remember her name but I truly appreciated to time she took to come and talk to me about my concerns and what they were planning for my treatment and then instead of just taking about what I should do for after she actually put everything in place that we had discussed (she was funny too and that goes a long way with me). In Emergency they got me in quickly but I got left for almost 2 hours before they did anything for the severe pain I was in and considering that it was at first thought to be a drug reaction I had come in for I would have thought that I would have seen a Dr within 10 mins of being there instead of 1 hour later While the Dr sipped his Coffee. And yes I know that Dr. need coffee breaks like everyone else just don't stand around watch a patient writhing in pain as you slowly sip your coffee and chat. A patient is under enough stress they don't need to see or hear that the Dr you are suppose to be seeing is lounging around while you feel like your insides are exploding and no one seems to want to help because they are on coffee break. Take it to another room. In general they did a good job when he finally came over and the problem was found and dealt with quickly.
But the food was not just truly horrible tasting it was completely bad for you. Hospital Dietitians need to truly study what REAL Healthy diets are, because what they served in the hospital was everything else but health. Diabetics aren't the only ones who need to avoid sugar. I was served Honeynut Cherrios and pudding, white bread french toast, and juice with every meal. These things are what are causing the extreme rise of diabetes all over the world. Not only are they full of sugar but fat causing empty carbs too. The medical community has know and diets like the Mediterranean since 1992, they have know about how much more healthy it is to eat a low carb diet for just as long. Herbs and spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric, thyme, oregano, coriander, can flavour foods and be of excellent health benefits too. The food tasted like saw dust and not everybody has high blood pressure it wouldn't hurt to and a packet of salt and black pepper with the meal of those who don't.
And when did personal cleanliness go out in a hospital? There was a man in the room with me for four days, he had a high fever, he wet himself at least four to five times a day, food was spilled on him regularly, he was bed bound and never once in those four days was he given so much as a sponge bath. It took two days before I was able to take a bath myself, I stank and my panties smelt of fish because at no time was I even wiped down or did anyone offer to help me shower. I had to ask if I could take a shower. Do they not know that germs on the body, especially when you are ill can cause MAJOR ILLNESSES. We're not just there so that you can watch us and pump us full of drugs, hell we can stay home and do that. A hospital bathroom should be cleaned everyday mine was cleaned once, except the toilet still had pee on the outside, the sink tap had dried on toothpaste that was there when I came in and was still there when I left four days later. The last time hospitals were this unhealthy and dirty they still believed that you didn't need to wash your hand when going from one patient to the next, many of which died because of it. Outside of the nurses and the Dr on the ward I would have given you guys a big fat 0.

Submitted Aug. 8, 2016 | flag

Value

Drop water on bathroom floor wiped it up with toilet paper
Filthy floor in front of toilet and in front of sink
ALL CLEANERS DO IS WALK IN AnD DO ONE SWIPE around toilet after using same mop on whole floor in unit. Needs good cleaning and disinfected
Same every day
Very very filthy hospital
Nurses are great
Care was great

Submitted June 22, 2016 | flag

Value

Terrible hospital that doesn't even bother to notify patient's family members of when the patient is being discharged.

Submitted May 12, 2016

Value

The psychiatrists at Burnaby General (all of which have terrible ratings on this very site) were complicit in the death of a patient last week after releasing him without notifying the family. 2 hours later the man committed suicide. BGH needs to be held accountable.

Submitted May 8, 2016