Burnaby General Hospital

Hospital

Rate Burnaby General Hospital

Ratings for Burnaby General Hospital

Value

My experience with Burnaby Hospital's ER, and Infusion Site, for more than a year has been a positive one. For two years plus I or members of my family, were treated by different attending doctors but we have gotten appropriate treatment in a clean, professional environment, without excessive wait times. Unfortunately this is not the case with the other two Fraser Health hospitals I have been exposed to for treatment.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2018

Value

Most disorganised hospital I have ever seen. Please don't go there if you have emergency.

Submitted January 6, 2018

Value

Good stuff in general. Had a procedure done there. Excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

Value

I am happy to say Burnaby hospital is a decent hospital, I am famous hospital critic from ADMIN, my grandson was also born here to so keep up the good work.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017

Value

doctors sit and talk for way too long people are waiting for absurd amount of times even with an appointment

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

Value

I had serious infection and was referred to BH, where my blood samples collected for tests and I had to be given IM injections per day, in 4 equally divided doses. So I had to get back to the hospital every 6 hours for the injections. BH hired a bunch of Filipinos on temporary work visas in British Columbia, Canada. The one who injected me, was so incompetent that he had a huge backlog by 7 pm and told the remaining patients to come back at 12 midnight for the next injection at the ER. So we went to the ER at midnight and registered at the counter manned by 2 east indian ladies. Just then, 2 plump white ladies came in looking very important, but dressed shabily in casual pants and T-shirts and carried a mug of coffee in their hands. One of them gave a commanding look at the ER waiting room, and decided to pick on me. I was summoned to her highness. Before I could explain why I was there. she started shouting at me that I should not be there at the ER. The whole ER was stunned by her unwarranted rage. I ignored her and waited at the ER until it was my turn and I was administered the IV dosage. Someone told me her name was SHYbich; there is nothing shy about her demeanor. The next morning, I went back to BH for the IV injection again, and this time it was a Fillipino woman. She was just as incompetent as her male compatriot, and poked the patients so many times unsuccessfully to get the vein. The whole exercise was a waste of time, and I had to seek medical treatment in the US. Shame on you shyB.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Value

The Burnaby General Hospital Emergency Department needs some serious review of staff habits and procedures as well as deal with the bottlenecks and delays of internal service between the different departments in order to establish improved patient care in a timely fashion. Here are some of the essentials that need to take place before I ever visit the BGH Emergency Department again: 1. All Emergency care staff need to learn proper staff-patient interaction by being honest, polite, organized, and effective. Professionalism should be a high priority, which it currently is not! 2. The bottlenecks and areas of delay within BGH need to be established and improved immediately by doing proper time and motion studies as well as critical path analysis and taking action as soon as possible. 3. Periodic reviews need to take place to ensure personal and professional discipline in doing the right things are actually happening. If BGH were a business today it would be out of business tomorrow for the management and staff there are doing a lot of things that are counterproductive and inefficient. The problems really start with BGH management staff since they are to set the standards they and their staff under them are to follow, and right now this is very poor. To make the claim that BGH is underfunded by the government and that this is the cause for the long patient wait times (in my case over 6 hours for a routine scan that took less than 5 minutes) is ridiculous based on what I saw happening. Here are some of the things I saw: 1. Files went missing and staff were asking where the patient file was. 2. The same questions were asked by the emergency room staff over and over again as if one was to expect a different answer. 3. The police needed a form for a patient and the emergency room staff ran out of the form and could not make a copy from their computer (why?) 4. I asked what the cause of the delay was after my scan was completed and the answer was always the same. We are waiting for the doctor to review the scan. I asked can I be send home and after the results of the scan are completed I return and they said no. So BGH gets an F rating from me and the main problem is not the front line staff but management, who needs to set the bar much higher for everyone working at BGH and most certainly not continue doing "business as usual" for that is less than professional!!!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

Value

People in the medical field know this hospital is a mess, and is poorly managed. Look up infection rates at this hospital, such as "C. Difficile." there are some great doctors and nurses here, in my experience, but I wouldn't want surgery or anything major done here until the higher ups clean up their act!

Submitted October 2, 2017

Value

Staff are knowledgeable & caring, especially nurses & doctors are competent or exceptional. Even the cleaners are friendly. The food is terrible but otherwise my experience during a five day stay was great.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

Value

great smaller hospital.................easy to get around......all friendly

Submitted May 19, 2017

Doctors at Burnaby General Hospital

Dr. Salim Lalani

Dr. Salim Lalani

Latest Rating

My mom is one of his patients who wants to pass this on: He is an excellent physician with superior medical skills, wonderful bedside manner, and very thorough in e... Read more

Dr. lucas soswa

Dr. lucas soswa

Latest Rating

I am a retired doctor. I have had my knee replaced and a foot procedure with this doctor. In the office he is what one would expect of a specialist. He is efficient,... Read more

Dr. Jean-Noel Mahy

Dr. Jean-Noel Mahy

Latest Rating

Got a referral in October 2017. Couldn’t “see” me. My referral was cancelled 11 months later as another Dr has already made an appointment. Do not get referred here,... Read more

Dr. Glen Freedman

Dr. Glen Freedman

Latest Rating

Good at what he does. The only reason I dont see him anymore is because I moved away. Would reccomend.

Dr. Nirmal Kang

Dr. Nirmal Kang

Latest Rating

This individual is the best example of worst case practise and should not be in the medical field. He asked questions that were not relevant to the situation at han... Read more

Dr. Jiong John Wu

Dr. Jiong John Wu

Latest Rating

I can only speak from personal experience. Dr Wu accurately diagnosed my condition and offered helpful prescriptions.

Dr. Jong John Johnny Wu