Stony Plain Municipal Hospital

Hospital

Rate Stony Plain Municipal Hospital

Ratings for Stony Plain Municipal Hospital

Value

The emergency room care in this facility needs serious improvement. My wife had very high blood pressure and was advised to go to the emergency room immediately. 1. First i would like to state that the doctor was very good at explaining causes, how to remedy this issue and prescribing the correct drugs to help with my wife's hypertension High Blood pressure. 2. The wait time in admitting was reasonable 2 hours, but the wait time and lack of care once inside the emergency room bed was long, another 2 hours before the doctor arrived. 3. The male nurse immediately took my wife's blood pressure and EKC, the stated he would be back in 15 minutes to take her blood pressure again. We sat there for an hour and observed the nurses doing more chatting amongst themselves then making rounds to the patients beds. Shortly after an hour the male nurse put on his coat and left and did not say who the reliving nurse was. During this time my wife was nervous and scared and no one was talking about a course of action. 4. Once the doctor arrived he was more concerned with a lifestyle change lecture than explaining the course of actions for treatment for the current high blood pressure situation. It seemed like the course of actions were being handled away from the patients knowledge. I.E. urine. blood test and x-ray. The new nurse just showed up and said we need this. 5. From the time we walked into Emerg to the time the high blood pressure medicine was finally administered it was 5.5 hours. At one point before this medicine was given, the doctor poked his head in and said I will be back shortly i have a more serious patient to deal with. 6. The drugs worked, reduced her blood pressure and she was ready to be released 8 hours after we walked into the place. 7. The doctor prescribed 2 weeks of the high blood pressure drugs and stated we needed to see our doctor for more. We stopped at Shoppers and picked up the prescription. The next day , after taking the pills, the wife realized her name was not on the pill bottles. After a bit of panic, we looked up online that the drugs were indeed for high blood pressure so she continued to take them. We will travel to a different hospital in the future, unless we absolutely have to go to this facility.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2019

Value

In my opinion this hospital misuse Alberta funding by doing the some blood work for the second time. 1. I had to ask for a MRI to rule out things. I was right when I told them I did not have a stoke, Parkinson's, MS the Doctor at rather ex-husband then have told the truth. My use the Doctors to hurt and even good going doc. 2. The that took over my care at this hospital wanted to put me on hormone therapy; I had to remind her if I had that it cost me to have blood clot. 3. I call out for having hot flashes I kept my clean, I am supposed to take a bath five day. The comment by Doctors took care of me is out of line when a Doctor to work in the emergency room with not comb every I see him. I can I trust his judgement when it look like keep his hair comb. Before this Doctor has right to call me out leaving this hospital for my safety theses Doctors don't understand there is bad blood now; we will not are dad 79 years of age to hurt my ex-husband for interfering in my medical care. This is why in my opinion the Alberta Government need to my education family abuse, domestic abuse, ecetra in today world their more abuse now. In my opinion theses nurses and Doctors at this Hospital needs a wake up call.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2019

Value

Live close to Stony Plain and there is an on going joke about going to Devon because Stony plain hospital is 4 to 6 hours and the place is not even busy?. The Doctors and people are good but the way it is run is disgusting and I believe that it could be the worst run hospital in Alberta and this is in the last 4 months with my Son and myself have went there and either waited 4-6 hours for an X-ray and bandaid or we left and went to another Hospital Something needs to be done about this as it is a state of the art hospital and is clean and there is no reason it could run more efficient

flag | Submitted October 6, 2019

Value

this hospital does know how to deal with P.T.S.D. in my opinion would learn more about abuse. they know more it would helpful to us that been abuse to max.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2019

Value

Fast getting in but hours waiting for doc. Terrible here

flag | Submitted September 17, 2019

Value

The wait times in ER are appalling and drs are so rushed. Worth travelling to Edm rather than going here! Still having issues 3 weeks after accident !

flag | Submitted August 16, 2019

Value

I am horrified by the treatment I have received from the “hospital” ... rudest nurse ever. I was on my best behaviour. I tried hard to stay calm. But she treated me horribly.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2019

Value

The longest wait times I’ve ever seen, rudest staff. But very knowledgeable docs. Wait times are unreal. But got test. Got results.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2019

Value

They are so busy at this hospital, every time that I have gone to their ER it is overloaded with patient, it was just crazy busy. Its awful as I needed help, the pain was uncontrollable, and the staff were swamped with patients. I felt badly for the staff as with the amount of patients, the pressure to move people in and out-it must be very difficult to work there. It was agony for me, to wait until I could be seen, if you can go to another hospital, you may want to try as you may wait less time.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2019

Value

This place is more like a walk in clinic than a hospital. The wait times are ridiculous. I was waiting on a stretcher (came in by amblulance) for 4 hours. I was in horrible pain. I ended up getting my husband to pick me up, and take me to Devon hospital. where I was looked after, and ended up being shipped to Edmonton, for emergency sugrey.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2019

Doctors at Stony Plain Municipal Hospital

Dr. James Pattison-Bacon

Dr. James Pattison-Bacon

Latest Rating

After dealing with many health issues for the last 8 months and waiting to specialists Dr James Pattison-Bacon was amazing. He listened to all the problems that have... Read more

Dr. Johannes Du Preez

Dr. Johannes Du Preez

Latest Rating

If this is the same doctor that used to be in Fairview, Alta. in the 90's, I hope he has improved. I've never encountered such a horrible and verbally abusive docto... Read more