Wesley Ashfield Private Hospital

Hospital

Rate Wesley Ashfield Private Hospital

Ratings for Wesley Ashfield Private Hospital

Value

Beware of the medications these psychiatrists love to prescribe for ED like anorexia. They can make you suicidal and crazy. Treatment for anorexia isn't medication, it's intense Psychotheray treatments. All they do at these impatient programs is giving food and some shallow therapy and once released they go back to their anorexic condition. They don't care about their patients, only for their money. People who go to Wesley will never be completely cured from anorexia and if they've cured only one person completely, I would like to know who that person is.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2018

Value

I was there recently in the eating disorder unit. Most of staff were efficient and caring. Wonderful main group psychologist. However the facilities are terrible. Time for an upgrade Wesley! Shared bathrooms .. not ideal in a unit mostly of women. The unit was small and stuffy. We were located right at the end of the unit and no outdoor space. The only time we got to go outside was when a staff member had time to take us. The "rules" are horrible. Yes, they are there for a reason, but some are just ridiculous. To Name a few .. All meals are timed, if you don't finish meals it's ensure (meal supplement) even if it's something that you really don't like .. you either eat it or it's ensure, bathrooms are locked at night, have to sit down for an hr after meals, there's way too much down time... ! Another down side to this program is there wasn't any 1:1 therapy. You get to see the psychiatrist once or twice a week and that's it. The rest is all group therapy, I found this really hard to have no individual support. My experience was not the best , however it might work for some people.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

Value

I unfortunately suffered depression and anxiety a couple of year's ago and was admitted to Wesley. The only negatives were that the accommodation was a little tired and more stimulating activities would have been helpful to me but this admission saved my life. I cannot praise the nursing staff in the mood disorder unit enough. They deal with very difficult patients with a wide range of mental health problems and do an amazing job. The psychology team are great and give you valuable tools to manage your illness to recover from your illness and encouragement to move onto a better life. These professionals work tirelessly to improve the patients in their care. The chaplain is a beautiful kind woman and the food was wonderful. The staff herte are very specialised in their field and gave me the strength and courage to get through. Cant thank them enough.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017

Value

I had a couple of admissions to Wesley Ashfield. It is a small, sleepy hospital and the atmosphere resembles that of a nursing home. I swear this is true, some of the rooms do not even have their own ensuites and you have to shower, toilet and brush your teeth in a public unisex restroom (one person only room, but still!) And they have this weird system where you are compulsorily put in to share when you first go in and must work your way into a single room over time. Unlike other hospitals which prioritize you for a single room when you first arrive and are most acutely in need of space and privacy it happens the opposite here. Too bad if a whole bunch of long-stayers are in the private rooms! There are share rooms with ensuites but I was unfortunate enough to score the shared restroom (which is in a very public area) away from the share room. They have three distinct streams - Eating Disorder (about 10 patients), Drug and Alcohol (about 15 patients) and General Psychiatric (about 15 patients). Because of the low numbers you are just thrown in together into a generalist depression/anxiety program but my pressing need was for my personality disorder and though there were some elements of Dialectical Behavioural Therapy it wasn't enough and the therapists didn't seem to be well-versed enough in it. I stayed 5 weeks nonetheless and my life was changed for the better because of the high quality psychiatrist I managed to fluke. Did I also mention the place is chronically understaffed nursing- wise with literally only one on at a time for my floor/unit. If you are not eating disorder or drug/alcohol I would hot foot it over to St John of God a couple of kilometres away.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Value

Saved my life; group therapy psychologist's were helpful, meals were great & met some interesting people.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

Value

Was in Wesley's Eating Disorder Program. FANTASTIC nurses! Some were incompetent, but there were a few who really kept me alive in there. Groups were helpful, food was good (as good as it can be when you're anorexic) and transition to day program was great.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

Doctors at Wesley Ashfield Private Hospital

Dr. Vladimir Sazhin

Dr. Vladimir Sazhin

Latest Rating

Yes Yes Yes, master of positive psychology. Glass half full especially if full of V juice.

Dr. Naresh Mondraty

Dr. Naresh Mondraty

Latest Rating

Was under his care for many years. Honestly just made things worse. He was belittling and not compassionate or understanding at all. Very judgemental and liked to m... Read more

Dr. Chester Omana

Dr. Chester Omana

Latest Rating

Excellent, patient and caring psychiatrist. Goes above and beyond.

Dr. Cornelis Greenway