Wesley Ashfield Private Hospital

Hospital

Rate Wesley Ashfield Private Hospital

Ratings for Wesley Ashfield Private Hospital

Value

I had a couple of admissions to Wesley Ashfield. It is a small, sleepy hospital and the atmosphere resembles that of a nursing home. I swear this is true, some of the rooms do not even have their own ensuites and you have to shower, toilet and brush your teeth in a public unisex restroom (one person only room, but still!) And they have this weird system where you are compulsorily put in to share when you first go in and must work your way into a single room over time. Unlike other hospitals which prioritize you for a single room when you first arrive and are most acutely in need of space and privacy it happens the opposite here. Too bad if a whole bunch of long-stayers are in the private rooms! There are share rooms with ensuites but I was unfortunate enough to score the shared restroom (which is in a very public area) away from the share room. They have three distinct streams - Eating Disorder (about 10 patients), Drug and Alcohol (about 15 patients) and General Psychiatric (about 15 patients). Because of the low numbers you are just thrown in together into a generalist depression/anxiety program but my pressing need was for my personality disorder and though there were some elements of Dialectical Behavioural Therapy it wasn't enough and the therapists didn't seem to be well-versed enough in it. I stayed 5 weeks nonetheless and my life was changed for the better because of the high quality psychiatrist I managed to fluke. Did I also mention the place is chronically understaffed nursing- wise with literally only one on at a time for my floor/unit. If you are not eating disorder or drug/alcohol I would hot foot it over to St John of God a couple of kilometres away.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Value

Saved my life; group therapy psychologist's were helpful, meals were great & met some interesting people.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

Value

Was in Wesley's Eating Disorder Program. FANTASTIC nurses! Some were incompetent, but there were a few who really kept me alive in there. Groups were helpful, food was good (as good as it can be when you're anorexic) and transition to day program was great.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

Doctors at Wesley Ashfield Private Hospital

Dr. Vladimir Sazhin

Dr. Vladimir Sazhin

Latest Rating

Brilliant. Cuts through. Solved my anorexia in minutes which is just as well as he only saw me for minutes. Must be something in the eyes. Bedazzling Rasputin.

Dr. Naresh Mondraty

Dr. Naresh Mondraty

Latest Rating

very good doctor, takes time to listen , no rushed decisions

Dr. Cornelis Greenway

Dr. Cornelis Greenway

1 review

Latest Rating

Cornie saved my life, can't credit this guy enough.

Dr. Chester Omana