• VB search
User Tag List

#1 Old 05-22-2014, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
How to get orthopedic surgery quickly

My separated shoulder has developed AC arthritis and it's really painful. The surgery for it is fairly simple - they take off the end of the collarbone so it doesn't rub against the AC joint. But the wait for surgery is MONTHS. I'm in so much pain that I can barely get though a day of work. Then I go home and go to bed. Then I struggle into work the next day and repeat. This has been going on for a month and I might be able to get surgery in August or September.

I had cortisone - it didn't help. A vicodin take the edge off a bit, but makes me woozy. And my boss told me I am not allowed to work on opiates. I go around all day at work with an ice pack on my shoulder. Best I can do. I need surgery BADLY.
#2 Old 05-30-2014, 02:57 PM

(Thread Starter)
No ideas? I bet if I was some

No ideas? I bet if I was some million dollar athlete who contributes absolutely nothing useful to society I could get this taken care of in two weeks. The orthopedic surgeons office I went to called me the other day to change the date of my appointment to see the doctor - I only got to see the NP the other week. I thought "great they will let me in sooner." Yeah right - they were trying to push my appointment BACK a week to late July. I said NO WAY and asked to get it moved UP to June. No luck. I managed to keep the same day at an earlier time. I called 4 other offices. One said they were so backed up that surgeries were being scheduled in October. Another couldn't tell me anything. I did get one orthopedic surgeon to agree to see me next Wednesday - if I can get the x-rays sent. Another one has agreed to see me in mid June. I'm getting so fat and out of shape - I can't even mow my lawn. I'm spending 14 - 20 hours a day in bed.
#3 Old 05-31-2014, 09:22 PM

Can anyone give me some

Can anyone give me some information on C2 Laminoplasty and C3-C7 Laminoplasty with plates? I have an excellent and great doctor, but I am so afraid. I have never had surgery before.
#4 Old 06-11-2014, 01:34 PM

(Thread Starter)
Talked to a PA and still

Talked to a PA and still nothing. She seems like a retard. She talked to an orthapedic surgeon in the other room. I don't know why I couldn't just talk to him directly. She says she doesn't understand why my separated shoulder has been ok for 20 years and now it hurts. How can I trust any medical professional who says such stupid things? Now I have to get an MRI - that won't show anything. And that will take months to schedule. Maybe this mumford procedure doesn't pay enough and that's why they don't want to do it? The last MRI that I had (for my foot)cost $5,000 - and it didn't show anything. I had a large growth removed.
#5 Old 04-01-2016, 07:19 AM

I think you Should to contact your family Doctor about this, They really help of you,

Vita Dental is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, We have
professional and Experienced team of dentist, which is provides the highest quality care to patients and their families. Schedule your Appointment by call at 713-766-1208.
!
#6 Old 04-02-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitadentalhouston View Post
I think you Should to contact your family Doctor about this, They really help of you,
I needed SURGERY. My GP couldn't do that. Of course I talked to him. That was the first thing I did. He gave me a cortisone shot and said if it didn't work I would need surgery. Cortisone didn't work, but I couldn't find a surgeon who would expedite the operation even though I was in so much pain that I was bed ridden. I finally had it in late August and it worked.
#7 Old 04-04-2016, 10:23 AM

Glad everything worked out for you!
#8 Old 09-27-2019, 12:19 PM

Everyone knows how important it is to have a good rest during sleep. I no longer doubt that a high-quality anatomical mattress is as important as a good pillow.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page