doctor who knows about Dr. Sebastian Lattuga and
agrees this doctor is doing unnecessary surgery for
the money. I am still getting shooting sharp pain
on the side of my foot which is related to the spinal
fusion surgery I didn't need. Hope everyone has
a healthy joyful summer.
#182 Old 07-23-2014, 10:34 AM

Doctors know about other bad

Doctors know about other bad doctors but rarely do anything. Looks like it just gives more business to the pain management docs.

I'm trying to get surgery to help my separated shoulder. I've been trying since April. I've been in so much pain that I have been spending 14 -20 hours a day in bed since then. I may only need a Mumford procedure but the only surgeon who has agreed to operate wants to do a total reconstruction and reattach the collar bone to my scapula. That's much more involved and has a longer recovery time. There also may be more chance of something going wrong. On another forum someone posted that they damaged his radial nerve during surgery and now he can't use the arm at all.
#183 Old 08-28-2014, 01:16 AM

Aries you need to do your due diligence before doing any surgery. Go online and do a search to educate yourself with all the different medical terms that are used by your doctor.
By educating yourself will give you many questions to ask your doctor. Anything that you don't understand, have your doctor explain it so you do understand. Always request options alternatives. Any major surgery is not 100%. Wish you well.
#184 Old 09-08-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjames View Post
Aries you need to do your due diligence before doing any surgery. Go online and do a search to educate yourself with all the different medical terms that are used by your doctor.
By educating yourself will give you many questions to ask your doctor. Anything that you don't understand, have your doctor explain it so you do understand. Always request options alternatives. Any major surgery is not 100%. Wish you well.
Turns out that my type 3 separated shoulder was really a type 5 separation that should have been operated on 23 YEARS ago. I didn't have insurance back then so the doc just said it was a type 3 that didn't need surgery. I should have gotten more opinions 23 years ago - but I couldn't afford it.
#185 Old 09-21-2014, 03:06 PM

Your Doctor Deceived You Aaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaries View Post
Turns out that my type 3 separated shoulder was really a type 5 separation that should have been operated on 23 YEARS ago. I didn't have insurance back then so the doc just said it was a type 3 that didn't need surgery. I should have gotten more opinions 23 years ago - but I couldn't afford it.
Another case proven that it's all about the money. Because you didn't have insurance at the time and you probably couldn't afford the out of pocket surgery, your doctor downgraded your injury which is just another form of deception by some of these money hungry doctors. You suffered all these years. Sad! Hope all is doing better.
#186 Old 10-08-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjames View Post
Another case proven that it's all about the money. Because you didn't have insurance at the time and you probably couldn't afford the out of pocket surgery, your doctor downgraded your injury which is just another form of deception by some of these money hungry doctors. You suffered all these years. Sad! Hope all is doing better.
6 weeks out from the surgery and doing much better. It's still going to be another month before I should lift any weight with the shoulder, but it is pain free most of the time now. Still gets stiff and sore when I sleep a lot of the time.
#187 Old 10-21-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaries View Post
6 weeks out from the surgery and doing much better. It's still going to be another month before I should lift any weight with the shoulder, but it is pain free most of the time now. Still gets stiff and sore when I sleep a lot of the time.
Aaries Happy to hear you're doing better after surgery. Hang in there. Each day will get a bit better. Has your doctor suggested any therapy with a professional to help you strengthen the shoulder with some light exercise or movement.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page