• VB search

#1 Old 08-06-2014, 02:22 PM

(Thread Starter)
Will My Lungs Recover?

I'm a younger guy who started smoking in high school, I've been smoke free for 2 months now after 6 years of consistent smoking. I had always been under a pack a day.

Anyway's My lungs certainly feel immensely better since quitting, but I've read some conflicting reports as to just how much better they will get moving forward.

I've seen everything from the damage being inflicted being reversible to no hope you're still going to become ill.

They say the most affected area of the lungs is the cilia, however since I've quit what I presume to be the cilia has been bringing a substantial amount of "flack" up, especially when out on the bicycle...

Cheers!
#2 Old 08-08-2014, 02:26 PM

I have read up on this a while ago and how our bodies regenerative systems can repair the damage that has been done from smoking for all those years. So you will recover, just not sure how long it will take for a full recovery, at least you quit and keeping that up is what's most important.
#3 Old 08-08-2014, 05:59 PM

I quit ten years ago, it never comes back like it used to be. Yes the lungs heal themselves to a degree, but they've been poisoned, they've been crippled to a degree. Cardio helps big time, especially when it comes to feeling better but you can never eliminate the massive health risks like if you never started.

Keep it up, its easy once you've made it the first few weeks. Trust me, quitting is addicting
#4 Old 08-15-2014, 06:12 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwby View Post
I quit ten years ago, it never comes back like it used to be. Yes the lungs heal themselves to a degree, but they've been poisoned, they've been crippled to a degree. Cardio helps big time, especially when it comes to feeling better but you can never eliminate the massive health risks like if you never started.

Keep it up, its easy once you've made it the first few weeks. Trust me, quitting is addicting
A friend was telling me that it takes the same amount of years you smoked for the lungs to recover completely. Not sure if thats valid or simply urban legend! But I agree quitting is addicting, everyday I feel a little bit stronger, I'm a little bit faster on the bike. I can now climb all seven flights of stairs to my office without breathing heavily
#5 Old 10-24-2014, 10:34 AM

I agree with all of you.
#6 Old 10-24-2014, 10:34 AM

#7 Old 02-10-2015, 04:06 AM

I recommend you visit the following website and find for you best allergist in delaware:
https://sites.google.com/site/aacdelcom1/

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page