• VB search
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By discomposed

#1 Old 08-08-2014, 01:54 AM

(Thread Starter)
Thumbs down Editing Ratings & New Rating System

1. I had to create a new account in order to log in, my old account on ratemds did not appear to exist. As such I no longer have the ability to modify or remove ratings I once posted. And now that you've changed the rating calculation I would really, really like to change and/or remove some of those ratings. How do we go about fixing that?

2. Your new rating system accounts for staff, but when I'm in the hospital while the staff may be fantastic (or awful) this in no way should reflect the rating of my in-hospital doctor, if anything it should reflect the rating on a hospital. Now a doctor that I'd once given an overall rating of 2/5 has an overall rating of 3.5/5 just because the nurses weren't awful, bumping him up in the ratings despite the doctor being a moron with a god complex.

3. And while we're at it, where the heck do I edit my non-forum (overall site) account? All I've got is the ability to log in and log out.
#2 Old 08-08-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discomposed View Post
1. I had to create a new account in order to log in, my old account on ratemds did not appear to exist. As such I no longer have the ability to modify or remove ratings I once posted. And now that you've changed the rating calculation I would really, really like to change and/or remove some of those ratings. How do we go about fixing that?

2. Your new rating system accounts for staff, but when I'm in the hospital while the staff may be fantastic (or awful) this in no way should reflect the rating of my in-hospital doctor, if anything it should reflect the rating on a hospital. Now a doctor that I'd once given an overall rating of 2/5 has an overall rating of 3.5/5 just because the nurses weren't awful, bumping him up in the ratings despite the doctor being a moron with a god complex.

3. And while we're at it, where the heck do I edit my non-forum (overall site) account? All I've got is the ability to log in and log out.
Discomposed,

Click on the "User CP" link in the upper right area of the screen under "Tools" to get to the Control Panel where you can edit all aspects of your user profile.

The old forum database appears to have been loaded. Perhaps the same has or will be done with the user name database. I subscribed using a new email address, but previous name, and then changed my email address to what it was on the old system. You may be able to do that to regain your previous user identity. To what extent our email addresses or user names will be linked to ratings and old posts, I don't know.
#3 Old 08-08-2014, 11:30 AM

(Thread Starter)
Mic,

I do have my old forum profile back, what I don't have is access to the ratings I posted, which is really all I much care about at this point. Forum changes I can handle with ease, watching a poor doctor jump up in the ratings because of how I rated doctors under the old system and having no way to modify them to fit with the new system's algorithm does bother me. You appear to require two separate accounts now, one for the general site and one for the forum, and it's the general site's retrieval of content that I'm looking for (which didn't return despite using the same email address there as well).
rockygirl likes this.
#4 Old 08-08-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discomposed View Post
Mic,

I do have my old forum profile back, what I don't have is access to the ratings I posted, which is really all I much care about at this point. Forum changes I can handle with ease, watching a poor doctor jump up in the ratings because of how I rated doctors under the old system and having no way to modify them to fit with the new system's algorithm does bother me. You appear to require two separate accounts now, one for the general site and one for the forum, and it's the general site's retrieval of content that I'm looking for (which didn't return despite using the same email address there as well).
Do you have your previous account (there aren't two) or did you simply re-register your old name?

If you created a new user name here, while you could have a name common to the old one, there may be no linkage to any of the other databases (forum content, thread subscriptions, rated doctors, saved doctors, etc.). On the legacy system, our accounts had a key which linked our account to everything we created.

If you created a new user name here, even if it was identical, character for character, that's not going to guarantee linkage to any content here. At the minimum, you would have had to have logged in under your old name, without creating a new name. Logging in, initially, would have caused the system to challenge you (password, email, etc.) as verification.

If you logged in straight off, with password verification, it may just be a case of system admins not having created the necessary links between the user database and the content databases. I'm giving it a few days before I make any inquiries.

Unfortunately, the user name database wasn't loaded, meaning that anyone could create any user name, allowing for the taking of any name from the legacy system. That alone could make linking names to content loaded today from the legacy system problematic, from a security viewpoint.

I have a "new" account. Same name in appearance, but created separately on both systems. I don't know that I will be able to access anything that I created on the legacy system without a manual link created.

Perhaps system admins will review the few of us who had to create new accounts using our old names, makes a decision, and link us to our content.
#5 Old 08-08-2014, 01:52 PM

I've since found every post I've written under my account profile, so it would appear that VS has been able to link at least the forum database to user names. I haven't yet looked at the doctor profiles I've rated.
#6 Old 08-17-2014, 11:20 PM

How do I find my list of previously saved doctors?!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page