• VB search
 4Likes

#1 Old 08-05-2014, 08:53 PM

(Thread Starter)
Whose idea was this?

I've been a member for a long time. I LIKED the old format. What did it change? Did you survey the members about what they liked and wanted?

Now, it looks like a health site instead of a doctor rating site. This site worked because it was independent of doctors and health insurance companies. Is that still true.

I am very concerned about the integrity of this site.
MicOnTheNorthShore likes this.
#2 Old 08-05-2014, 09:40 PM

I like the new look. I think it makes the site look more professional. The old look was the drop dead level best that I could do but even I knew it looked amateurish compared with the looks of the competing sites.

I know its very different but give it a week and see if you don't get used to it.

Kat

P.S. I've not been paid to say this. In fact I'm no longer involved in the running of the site at all.
#3 Old 08-06-2014, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockygirl View Post
I've been a member for a long time. I LIKED the old format. What did it change? Did you survey the members about what they liked and wanted?

Now, it looks like a health site instead of a doctor rating site. This site worked because it was independent of doctors and health insurance companies. Is that still true.

Hi rockygirl,

We have stayed true to the roots of RateMDs of being focused on doctor ratings while adding some additional features to the site that users have been requesting. Our goal is connect patients with Doctors they can trust and with the new site, we feel we are meeting this objective more than ever. The site continues to be independent of Doctors and health insurance companies.

Please bear with us over the next few weeks as we continue to improve the user experience .

RateMDs Support Team
#4 Old 08-06-2014, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
I like the new look. I think it makes the site look more professional. The old look was the drop dead level best that I could do but even I knew it looked amateurish compared with the looks of the competing sites.

I know its very different but give it a week and see if you don't get used to it.

Kat

P.S. I've not been paid to say this. In fact I'm no longer involved in the running of the site at all.
Thanks for the compliments Katherine
#5 Old 08-06-2014, 05:30 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Hi rockygirl,

We have stayed true to the roots of RateMDs of being focused on doctor ratings while adding some additional features to the site that users have been requesting. Our goal is connect patients with Doctors they can trust and with the new site, we feel we are meeting this objective more than ever. The site continues to be independent of Doctors and health insurance companies.

Please bear with us over the next few weeks as we continue to improve the user experience .

RateMDs Support Team
It's hard to enjoy the user experience when you have to create new ids every time you signout.
MicOnTheNorthShore and wetcat like this.
#6 Old 08-06-2014, 06:46 PM

I liked the old site quite a bit but so far I am a fan of the new site as well...some bugs are expected for a new site.
#7 Old 08-07-2014, 12:03 AM

Quote:

Hi, Rocky!

I think the old (forum) format, the look which was basically an out of the box format using "Drupal", was easy on the eyes. The information was also well laid out, and easy to navigate. When the information on a page is enhanced with multiple fonts, graphics symbols, and placed on a white background, it can become more difficult to read, and thus, navigate.

I wouldn't concern myself with the operator's integrity. I don't see their having demonstrated anything to question that, although I may have a question or two regarding their independence.

I just wish they'd moved the user name and others databases to the new server to provide continuity, and done more testing on this site before closing the old one.
#8 Old 08-07-2014, 01:32 AM

(Thread Starter)
Mic,
I do worry about the new owners' integrity when they are obviously using plants and inflating "views." I'm not an idiot. I have been a member here for over six years, and I know the rhythm of this site.

On a bright note, I do like dividing the forum into sub topics. I wish that they had found a way to preserve some of the old threads. Some very good advice has been given over the years, and people have spent a lot of time helping each other. Some people like you, Kat, gagal, Wishie, and I have been here for years helping people. Now we're "junior" members, and no one recognizes our contributions to the site in the past.
MicOnTheNorthShore likes this.
#9 Old 08-07-2014, 01:54 AM

Rocky, I wasn't suggesting any naivete on your part. VS does employ social content writers as well as providing SEO management services.

Hopefully, they will load the previous thread database. I don't understand, either, why they didn't load the user database, at least for those who had contributed to the forum in recent years. As for "Junior" label, I expect that will rise to something more pleasing in time.

As you say, there is a wealth of information and good advice from many users on the old forum. We used to see old threads being revived on occasion, and that was often from someone searching a doc's name and being directed to the thread.

I'm working on a story that is the continuation of one I first posted on a few years ago, which made the national news several days in a row. The case involved one core issue and ramifications from that initial story have now made it into the courts with a several lawsuits and almost as many appeals before them. The national media is included in those legal actions. I hope the old threads appear here, soon, as I'm not about to resurrect the forum history manually, and I'll opt for a Wordpress website, if necessary.

Quote:
Mic,
I do worry about the new owners' integrity when they are obviously using plants and inflating "views." I'm not an idiot. I have been a member here for over six years, and I know the rhythm of this site.

On a bright note, I do like dividing the forum into sub topics. I wish that they had found a way to preserve some of the old threads. Some very good advice has been given over the years, and people have spent a lot of time helping each other. Some people like you, Kat, gagal, Wishie, and I have been here for years helping people. Now we're "junior" members, and no one recognizes our contributions to the site in the past.
#10 Old 08-28-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:

I'm 100% with rockygirl. Everything she says above is my feeling also. Not only is the new design terrible, but it took me a long time to even see how to find ratings, and then the site is so hobbled it works badly for small states where no one wants to restrict things to a specific town.

I thought for several minutes that you had done away with ratings doctors when I looked at the site and tried to find the ratings.

This site doesn't even look like a health site, it looks like one of those picture book giant fonts things I learned to read from in first grade.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page