• VB search
User Tag List

#1 Old 04-25-2017, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
discouraged and in severe pain

I joined this forum for one single reason and that it to tell all of you Rheumatologists that you are the cruelest human beings ever.
You are supposed to become specialized doctors to help people overcome their pain.
After being referred to your department two times by my family doctor and also by the foothills hospital you deny the request without even giving me an appointment and evaluating me on why I'm having so much pain.
I have suffered now in pain for over a year and a half without proper pain relief and im getting to a point where I don't want to live anymore because I cant live with the severity of my chronic pain.
I have pain in my big toe which forces my foot to walk in an odd manner to avoid the pain. I have pain in my ankles to which they hurt so bad that they constantly cant hold my weight, I wake up every morning with stiff knees and after just one day of work they feel as if they are twisting from both sides and I cry in pain throughout the night and I cant even fall asleep. I can not sleep on my sides because if I do the hips feel as if they are breaking. my lower back is stiff in the morning and as my day goes on it get excruciating painful just to stand, sit or lay down for a half hour. my fingers are so painful that its hard just to move them and forget about grasping something, they become numb and tight and I cant get them straight again without force. the bottom of my thumbs by my wrists hurt ever time I move them.
I'm in tears every day, every single day for the passed year. and what do you Rheumatologists do, NOTHING, you refuse to see, diagnose and treat my illness. Thank you, Thank you very much for your warm hearts and kindness toward my well being.
Jen
#2 Old 09-22-2017, 10:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to diesel fuel Send a message via MSN to diesel fuel Send a message via Yahoo to diesel fuel
I had the most incredible doctor once upon a time. He saved my life when another doctor was negligent in giving me so many pain meds (unknowing that I had HepC, that my body was shutting down ie: my intestines first, my liver and kidneys next. I called the doc who took care of me when I was pregnant with my twins - he came to my house for my weekly check ups for the last trimester with his nurse. This was 1991 even though he was only a family practiones and would not be the doc to deliver, but he was there for their birth.
I called him when I knew something bad was happening since all the pain killers didn't stop any of my pain and I could no longer go to the bathroom. Immediately he sent me to UMass in Worcester and 3 days later he diagnosed me with HepC ( the worst type ). I did the treatment for 7 months although 1 year was the goal. When I could no longer form a sentence or have a clear thought I stopped the treatment. It has been 15 years in remission.
2.5 years ago I was in another accident, head-on with a dump truck going 50mph, I had hit black ice and fish-tailed into the on coming traffic. I broke my back along with ribs and my right foot. This happened 5 weeks after my rt. hip had been fully replaced. Unfortunately my incredible doctor has retired and I am suffering still with many back, neck and scoliosis has set in because I never received therapy for my hip. I am again on many pain killers and afraid it will spike my viral load, it was 4million at the time of diagnosis. I can not find a doctor who can help me, only a doc that gives me scripts for pain. Please advise if you think of a capable doctor, depression is also evident and I sometimes think I would rather discontinue with this life of pain and solitude. But my children and grandkids would be devastated if I were to leave them the legacy my parents left me. It has been a difficult journey since birth in this world and I am tired of the struggle to maintain with this body "beat and broke n"
Open for thoughts on the best route to take from here!
#3 Old 09-22-2017, 10:43 AM

Send a message via AIM to diesel fuel Send a message via MSN to diesel fuel Send a message via Yahoo to diesel fuel
I'm sorry to hear your issue Jen, I'm not sure what to do my myself. I think I am in the wrong place for my needs, is this site Canadian based? I posted my story with yours because it seemed appropo. My pain issues are very similar and I can definitely relate to the not wanting to live with the pain. I don't know what type of arthritis I have but I have seen Rheumatologist and have gotten nowhere with them. I don't know if it is possible to find a doc anymore that is worth his weight in the money they rake in from people's poor health. I for one would go to the ends of the earth if I had the training and could help just one person feel better our position to feel and have them live pain free! Sorry to hear that no one listens, I hope you find someone that can give you a miracle...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page