Ratings for Dr. Marissa Leslie

Completely insensitive and incompetent. Did not allow patient to contact police to report physical abuse.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Do not walk, run away from this doctor, and this hospital. This doctor does not listen to her clients needs. I was shocked when I heard she is the medical director of the Adventist Psych Hospital.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

Dr. Leslie just likes to medicate you with as many drugs as possible. I tell her I feel terrible and she does nothing. Meetings are way too brief. She is a very poor listener. I expect better care from this 40 yr old doctor.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Dr. Leslie always runs late and their billing department is terrible. They overcharge and send duplicate incorrect invoices. No one can explain what is owed when you call. Save your time and money and gine another therapist.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

In November 2013, I was instructed by Sinai Hospital in Baltimore MD to meet with a doctor at Adventist Behavioural Health. The first doctor I was assigned to took a new job after meeting with her twice. She left me in the care of Dr. Leslie. The first meeting with Dr. Leslie was brief. It often took me nearly an hour and a half to get to the office and by the time I got there my appointment was nearly over. She said nothing during the appointment. It was a meet-n-greet. The second time I met with Dr. Leslie she informed me she was taking me off a medication that I had been prescribed for the last three years of my life. I was having a particularly bad day and Dr. Leslie made a comment that I seemed “calmer” which was extremely incorrect. At that time, I was not calm- I was very sick and I told her this. She took me into a small room in the back of the office where she took my blood pressure. I was crying and very upset, I told her I was having heart palpitations but she refused to acknowledge I was having a panic attack. She took my blood pressure and said “do you normally have high blood pressure?” I told her “no, that I felt very strange at that moment and I felt like I could not breathe.” Instead of making an effort to help me. She left me in the tiny room for about 5 minutes completely alone. As my anxiety increased, Dr. Leslie returned to the tiny room only to ask me “do you want some warm water?” I’m not sure what kind of suggestion that was, but it was not helpful. I felt like ripping my skin off, the room was spinning and I could not breathe. At that moment I told Dr. Leslie that I wanted to leave. Her response was “what is your problem?” As I was walking out and gathering my things, I overheard Dr. Leslie tell the receptionist that I would not be making another appointment. I left the appointment early. I believe it should have been Dr. Leslie’s priority to help me, recognize I was not okay. It was extremely unprofessional of Dr. Leslie to ignore my anxiety attack and let me leave the hospital in that condition.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Dr. Marissa Leslie's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Top Urgent Care Centers in Rockville, MD