Ratings for Dr. Mark Kelly Herschel

Dr. Herschel is very knowledgeable, of that you can be sure of. However, he is not the nicest person... He does not seem interested in connecting with the patient. I have been a patient of his for more than 5 years now, and it is as if I did not know him. As a medical doctor, you are supposed to connect with the patient and make that person feel taken care of, that they matter. I do not get that feeling from him. Such a shame... he is a good doctor, but a very cold person. (Note: this is from my perspective and what I have experienced with this doctor.)

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

When you meet Dr. Herschel and his Lasik staff, or the Magruder Eye Institute staff they all come off as really nice and sincere people, but after what I experienced, I cannot recommend him because I was treated like I was just another dollar to be put in their pocket!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Thank you Dr. Herschel for saving my eyesight! While other doctors gave up on me, you were patient with my complaints. You do have to wait to see him at Magruder Eye Institute, but he is worth the wait. Trust me.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

Dr. Herschel came highly recommended to me by my Optometrist for his surgical expertise. I have undergone cataract surgery with Dr. Herschel and have had a good result. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend the Magruder Eye Institute because of the way the practice is operated. If you have hours to waste sitting in a waiting room waiting to be seen, or even worse waiting for your surgery then this is the place to be. On my first appointment, they could not complete my testing because the office was closing...I had a one o'clock appointment, but so did about twenty other people. On my second appointment, one simple test took over three hours to complete...the test was about 5 minutes the rest of the time was spent waiting around with about twenty other people to have my name called. The day of my surgery, I was scheduled for 12:30p.m., and was not taken back into surgery until 3:30p.m. This was a three hour delay which in my mind is totally unacceptable. No one offered an apology or an explanation as to why the schedule was so backed up. The next day, when I signed in for my postop appointment at 7:30a.m. I was dismayed to find out that there was once again about 22 postop appointments ahead of me on the sign up sheet for Dr. Herschel.. This place is run like a bus stop which as a medical facility is scary. I have already spoken to my Optometrist and needless to say they will be referring their patients elsewhere in the future.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014