Ratings for Susan Stephenson

Barbara Bush died in April 2018. Update your site. And, don’t post quotes as author unknown when a simple google search, or a simpleton could find the source. Just laziness.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2019

How many ways are there to describe awful? This woman displayed reckless disregard for client safety. She is easily taken in by accomplished liars , further traumatizing other parties. No one is perfect. She takes sides, the side of the powerful partner. She charges a lot of money for “therapy “ that is as helpful as drowning yourself, maybe less so. She is self righteous, rude and obnoxious. It’s unfortunate that poorly trained people can call themselves therapists. Also her pic on her web page is 30 years old. She is a narcissist and identifies with them. Beware

flag | Submitted July 3, 2019

This woman just about destroyed my marriage. I found out at the end of our sessions she also works closely with the divorce lawyer my husband had met with. We spent weeks going around in circles getting no where. She really does not address issues from either side. My biggest concern was suggesting individual meets with my husband and I - not really what couples therepy is about. Biggest waste of money!!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2019

Susan helped one party evade responsibility. She jumps to premature and unfounded conclusions. This is completely unacceptable in her profession

flag | Submitted April 26, 2019

I have recently just started working with Susan. She was highly recommended to me by a friend. I have found Susan to be a thoughtful and caring therapist. I have started to become more confident and self assured in both my personal and professional relationships. Thank you Susan

flag | Submitted October 28, 2018

I have been working with Susan for many years now. Her approach continues to be empathetic and heartfelt. She is very knowledgeable and it is obvious that she has been in this business for years, as she has a plethora or examples and analogies to pull from to help solidify my understanding.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2018

If tho want to be demeaned by a paid therapist and have your abuser collude with her, go for it. Worst experience costing that much money. I'd rather spend it on a lawyer.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

I wish I'd never heard of her let alone spent thousands on her idea of therapy. It could be that she was overwhelmed and lost her sense of perspective but she did not recover it or acknowledge it. It could be that patients who are themselves therapists have a greater tolerance for fouls ups. The general public should know to avoid anyone who displays disrespect for a patient,shuts patients down before they have been heard and does not build a rapport before diving headlong into her own beliefs as though they were Gospel and the story of your life. Yes, people are best off avoiding handholding type of therapy and she does not practice this but people do require basic respect and to be truly heard and not have their reality denied or mocked.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2017

Susan is a wonderful and highly skilled couples therapist. She has a depth of knowledge about promoting security and intimacy in attachment relationships - my partner and I had tried a few different therapists prior to finding Susan, and she helped us address a long-standing issue in only a few sessions. She is kind, ethical, genuine, confident in her craft, and she is willing to challenge you, in order to help move you towards your goals. I'm a therapist myself, and it can be difficult for me to find someone I feel confident has the skillset I need - I knew we were in good hands from early on in our work, and we are forever grateful to Susan for her support.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Not sure who she helps. Pic is v dated. Her knowledge is dated and piffled. She is not a doc, was a nurse, has a Masters in Guidance but practices in areas beyond her reach.She loves to diagnose with labels--no idea how that helps inform her practice. Poor emotional control. Lacking in basics of treatment issues she says she treats. Would not recommend as a therapist. Plays head games, forgetful. We can chalk that up advanced age. Displays traits of narcissism. Most unhelpful in a therapist. Had a WALL of every teeny course she had every taken (framed and everything). Spent two hours in a workshop? Frame it and hang it?? She has a seen plenty in her career but is still lacking in the skills to be a competent therapist.

Submitted January 30, 2017

Susan Stephenson's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients