Ratings for Dr. Medina Kamau

She is unaware of controlled substance laws and treats my adhd like everyone else because vyvanse is “the best out there.” It causes skin picking and more anxiety. I’ve told her that the pharmacies have filled Ritalin 3x a day without any issues. She needs to get her information straight. Adhd meds are not opiates. So annoyed 😒 that I only have 7 hours of coverage. She suggested gene testing and waiting for the results to “prove” I’m a metabolizer in which the meds flush out of my system quickly. She needs to do more research on things. I know more about stuff than she does and that’s sad- it’s happened not just in psychiatry but in general practices and immunology as well. Also I call and leave a message with her about me having withdrawls from a medication she’s weaning me off of and taking more of my non addictive anxiety med on Tuesday and no response. It’s now Saturday. That’s incredibly rude. We will see what happens after this next couple times if she improves.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2019

This woman is the absolute WORST “doctor” I’ve ever been to. The location is super sketchy like the type where you have to make sure to lock your doors and windows. The front desk ladies are very rude and unprofessional. They make you take a urine sample to make sure you’re not on any drugs, which I later found out was optional but no one told me so I got charged for it. Ms. Medina has horrible bedside manner. She asked a couple questions, wrote down some stuff and was extremely unhelpful. She did not offer anything that would help my situation so I left. She told me she was going to fill out some work accommodation paperwork, which is why I went to her, and yet my work never received it. I called today only to find out that I have to pay them $100 just to get paperwork sent to my work which she NEVER said I had to. This place is a joke. Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT see this woman and have to deal with her incompetent bozos she calls receptionists.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2019

I have NEVER felt more cared for and loved. This place is AMAZING!!! Everyone is so kind and compassionate. I would recommend Dr. Kamau and her staff to anyone who need help!!! I absolutely love all of you and believe in your mission. Thank you sssooo very much for your help and knowledge.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2019

Urgent psychiatry crisis center is what is stated on their window. Dr. Medina treated me as the person I was in my past. I was 100% honest of my past and present, bc my care is important to me. My well being, mentally. I left there in tears. I left hurt, judged and not heard at all. $85 copay wasted and time wasted. Not to mention, 1 prescription of the 4 I take would not be prescribed by her. She felt I didn't need something I have taken 4 years now. Unreal. Her office is bland, she seems very judgemental and doesn't commend anything you as a person have overcome or show any empathy towards terrible events. Personally, I feel she is in the wrong profession.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2019

Dr. Medina Kamau's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

DNP PMHNP-BC

• English
  • Swahili

• Arizona State University (Grad. 2015)

• Schizophrenia
  • Bipolar disorder
  • Adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
  • Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
  • Psychiatric Medication Management