Ratings for Joan Marsman

Jaon Marsman was a terrible therapist. I asked her for supplemental reading material for my wife and me so we could learn and improve between sessions, she had none to recommend. When I asked for things for us to work on between sessions... nothing: "Oh, time's up... see you next week." She focused on trivial but hurtful aspects and my wife cried all the way home after our last session. We wanted to make things better and she made things much worse. Stay away, if you value your relationship. Maybe she would help you, but is it worth the risk? She harmed our relationship. I am so upset with what happened in sessions, hoping she knew what she was doing and gave her 4-sessions thinking there was a strategy to her approach. She seemed lost at times as how to handle our communcation and intimacy issues - she seemed to be jumping around without focus. My wife will not go to another therapist in fear of more damage being done. I can't give a more stern warning to those considering Joan Marsman. I didn't ask for my money back as the cost of the damage has no monetary value.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2019

I’m so happy we found Joan! My partner and I had been drifting apart after 17 years of marriage and we finally decided to see someone about it. Joan’s straightforward approach has helped us immensely with our communication issues and I can feel the intimacy resurfacing in our everyday lives. Joan provided us with the tools to work through our problems and rebuild our relationship, while being there for us every step of the way. Joan is an incredibly kind, thoughtful, and brilliant therapist. We highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2019

She was by far the worst therapist I have ever spent my money on. We had 4 sessions together and when I told her I wanted all my money back because I was paying out of pocket and I wasn't happy with her services she got upset. She said she spent time with me and wouldn't refund my money. I left because she is condecending and only speaks of herself. She came recommended by my family doctor. I have gone back to my doctor and told her to not refer anyone to her. She is rude and mean

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

Joan Marsman's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

• BCBS Florida