Ratings for Dr. Trent Richards

Very thorough examination, and very clear explanations of his findings and recommendations. Dr. Richards and his staff are excellent!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

my diabetes Dr. referred me to Dr .Richards, and I'm so glad he did. Dr. Richards was a godsend for me, I was wearing the strongest reading glasses before getting my appt. with him. since I found out I had cateracts and a stigmatism, I went ahead with the surgery on both eyes. the after effects, colors are more viberant, everything is totally clear [20/20 ]the outcome is totally wonderful. I have and will continue to let people know about my experience with him and his staff, and if I need any future need for an ophthalmologist he will be who I go see. his nurse assistant was awesome, he was very pleasant, caring and taking the time to reassure me of anything I was having stress over about the surgery . THANK YOU very much, Lorie Hansen [hansenstogether@yahoo.com]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

Dr Richards is friendly and professional. He didn't keep me waiting, and he explains things so that you can understand. He removed cataracts on both eyes. I have a stigmatism, so was very happily surprised to find that I can see without glasses now. I am writing this review glasses free. He also unclogged a tear duct for me. No more tearing of my eye. I think he is great.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

I'm new to Utah, having moved from Hawai'i. I was used to a very good eye surgeon at home and wanted to find one doctor here. My new primary care doctor recommended Dr. Trent Richards. It was easy to get an appointment, his assistant, Brittany, was gracious and thorough as was Dr. Richards. For several years, I couldn't see well out of my right eye and after 3 tries with corrective glasses, and several checks with my Hawai'i doctor, I feared something else was wrong, so getting my eyes checked here was paramount. Turns out there's a sort of lining or membrane that can grow over the back of the eyeball which is common after cataract surgery (which I had about 3 years ago). Dr. Richards said he could do a pretty simple laser procedure right then (no other appointment needed) and correct the situation. HOLY COW! By that same evening I could see almost perfectly clearly out of the right eye and by the next day, I was able to work at my laptop and not have to switch to my "Walmart Cheater" glasses. It just got better and better! I also have pretty bad dry eye syndrome since moving here and have had major issues which were pretty painful. Dr. Richards went over everything that I am doing and suggested a couple more things including a tear duct plug. I said, "I have one in my left eye" to which he replied "it's not there any more." Boom! Both eyes are a bit better and getting better all the time. Dr. Richards spent ample time with me, is pleasant, good sense of humor and certainly knows his profession. I've already recommended him and and kind of sad I won't be going back for another check for 6 months (unless something comes up of course)...THAT'S how much I like him!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

My daughter recommended Dr Richards and I'm so glad she did! I found him to be patient, thorough and very professional. He was able to diagnose and correct a problem I was having with a toric lens in one short visit. I've already recommended him to other people who were also pleased with him.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

My wife and I have both seen Dr. Richards for annual diabetes exams. I then had surgery to remove cataracts in both eyes. Now I can SEE! Dr. Richards and his assistant are friendly, knowledgeable and very competent. We highly recommend them.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Knowledgeable and kind. He really take the time to listen- I felt like he really cared about me and my concerns.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Dr. Richards is an excellent MD. He is very knowledgeable, thorough, and patient! Plus, I can see!!!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Dr. Richards was on-time, professional, and knowledgeable. He took the time to ask questions and consider my history. He was the 4th doctor I saw regarding a chronic eye inflamation. The others diagnosed pink eye and recommended I stay away from people. After a year and a half of flare-ups and alternative treatments, Dr. Richards correctly diagnosed my condition. I am so appreciative and it was really simple. The doctor just needed to slow down, listen to my history, and think outside the doctor-box. Thanks Dr. Richards! I highy recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

He was great. Came in spent time getting to know me. Very through on what's going on with my eyes. Made the time to still see me and go over and above the allotted time for my appointment. Great staff. Wonderful personality. Highly recommend

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

Dr. Trent Richards's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Spanish

• Ohio State University (Grad. 2011)

• LASIK eye surgery