Ratings for Dr. Toby Vallance

I had a great eye exam with Dr. Vallance a few weeks ago. He was attentive and was very genuine in his explanation of my glasses needs.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

I just wanted to thank Dr. Vallance for seeing me so quickly for my very red and sore eye last week. I was able to get the prescription drops filled quickly and my eye feels so much better.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Had a great first visit with Dr. Vallance a few weeks ago. He was very thorough and was able to show me my retinal photos with great explanations.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

Did not like the pushy office manager. Also heard her speak rudely about her staff!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2013

My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Vallance since 2004. We have always found him to be a very professioanl and knowledgeable optometrist, and he takes the time to explain the results of the tests. His staff is efficicient and pleasant.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

My family and I would not go back to Dr. Toby Vallance specifically. Inaccurate diagnosis, expensive, late, and unsympathetic to eye issues are the maim reasons for not returning next year.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

Dr. Vallance may very well be a good doctor however, my family and I are not going back to see him based on his staffs pushiness and incompetence. I had to see a specialist on an emergency basis due to a severe infection. It was found that the infection according to the specialist was most possibly due to my contacts not being the proper fit for my eyes. I had to go on 6 months of steroid drops to rectify the problem with no contact use. I as well found out that my eye glasses were the wrong prescription. My eyes are a -3.00 in both eyes and the right eye in my glasses was a -3.75!!! I had told them that my glasses just didn't feel right when first getting them and they insisted I just needed to get used to them. What I should have done is asked them to check the prescription to make sure it was correct but on the other hand they should have just done this anyway to be sure.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2012

Dr. Toby Vallance is a great Ophthalmologist. I've never felt rushed and he takes the time to ask questions and show you the pictures they take of the eye and the things he looks for. I learned more in 2 visits about my own eyes from Dr. Vallance then I have from my previous Ophthalmologist who I went to for 10 years.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

Dr, Vallance is a very knowledgeable, and competent Opthamologist. That being said, his practice is very expensive. I paid $126, and then if I wanted contact lenses, a fitting is an additional $50.... when I booked was asked If I wear contacts, and the last time I went 2 yrs prior, the fee I paid included the contact fitting, and this cost $95. Like a previous post here, they are not very upfront about what is included in there fees. So beware, and ask questions first, prior to your visit. Trust me the fees here are on the high end of the rare scale.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2010

Excellent! He is interested in your eye health and not your bank balance! He spent a long time with me and answered fully all my questions regarding Vitreous Detachment & floaters. After seeing several eye doctors he's the first one who looked me in the eyes (literally) and told me what he saw and what the prognosis was. His diagnosis and knowledge of the problem put my mind at ease finally. I recommend him if you need more than a glasses prescription. He's also friendly & sympathetic and at no time did I feel rushed. I'll be going back to him.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2009

Dr. Toby Vallance's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients