Ratings for Dr. tina hsu

we walked in terrified and full of questions, in fact we wrote down a list of what we wanted/needed to know. Her secretary (connie?)came in first to talk and take extra notes, what a lovely informative lady. 5 minutes later a cheerful Dr. Hsu walked in and put us at ease immediately! She introduced herself, asked us how we were handling things, went through pages about my husbands cancer, where it was, where it wasn't, asked if we had any questions, man did we, and she took her time to answer, explain each and everyone of them, if we were confused , she went over it again in a better way that we could understand it, we not only thought of her as a wonderful caring doctor, but felt like we'd made a new friend. She is going to bat for us with the rest of our team. We are so very thankful we were paired with her, could not have asked for anyone better.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2018

Dr Hsu is a terrible oncologist. She runs an hour at minimum wait. She seems to have a constant PDN change. I’ve never seen the same PDN twice. She does not provide results from scans in an appropriate time. She’s usually running around asking for second opinions regarding test results. Anything that you may ask in regard to her treatment plan she says no to at one appointment and then suggests it in the next appointment. Other times she says a flat no with absolutely no explanation. This doctor should not be treating critically ill patients. There is no compassion from her and she’s always rushing off.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

Dr Hsu is always late and didn't answer my question about a pill as opposed to intervenous. I told her what a sensitive stomach I had and she kept saying "there a pill for that". After vomiting for almost 9 hours a nurse did give me the shot but the burning sensation never stopped for 2 days. She asked me if I had taken the pills as I was supposed I said yes when I finally stop vomiting . Our health care is in big trouble, I don't think I'll try anything else now

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Dr Hsu not thorough with her methods of screening for cancer. Very risky doctor to have when dealing with symptoms. Does the minimum possible during the follow up exams appointment. She seems to want patients that are easy care patients, no complications and have a quick follow up only. Cannot trust her method of care especially when dealing with this deadly cancer disease. Unfortunately I cannot recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr.hsu was my mom's oncology doctor. She was always running a minimum of an hour late up to two hours. Never seemed prepared for the visit and was very slow to bring prescriptions or get back to you with information . Sometimes she would seemed rushed and would not take the extra time to reassure the patient or talk about her needs. Not going to recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Outstanding care, and very empathetic and considerate of my situation. Would recommend!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

I do not recommend Dr Hsu. In my case she was disrespectful to me and my caregivers and often became confrontational when asked to discuss the treatment plan she recommended. In my experience she was not willing to communicate or participate in a two-way dialogue in terms of discussing care, and her and her staff did not return emergency phone calls I made to the PDN line about fevers and issues I experienced after chemo sessions. Additionally, I never felt that she was prepared for our patient meetings, was not knowledgeable about the specifics of my medical plan, and often could / would not answer questions I felt were important with respect to my chemo regime. If you are assigned to Dr Hsu I strongly recommend that you consider switching to a doctor who will give you hope, and who will treat you like a human being versus Dr Hsu who treated me like a number on a case file.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Dr. tina hsu's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

Oxford