Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Thomas Satterwhite

I am so grateful to Dr G and staff. I appreciate that my phone and email messages are transferred quickly, and that responses come as quickly. The issue we have been dealing with has been an unexpected occurrence. We needed to do a procedure in-office. Dr G knows there are parts of the procedure that make me anxious, and can be painful. He retains humor and an even demeanor as he helps me through those moments. I was a referral patient to Dr G. So I am confident that every patient will experience the same level of care and service from staff, nurses and doctors.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2019

I super appreciate my phone calls always being answered and not having to deal with voicemail.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2019

Both the Doctors and Staff are extremely nice, patient, and understanding. They answered all of my questions and made me feel comfortable.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2019

Dr. Satterwhite's surgical scars broke down in such a way that continues to take a long time to heal, his technique could likely use minor changes to add reinforcement along suture lines (both at the bottom of the vaginal opening as expected, but extremely severe, as well as along the other two major side suture lines, also large open wounds) to prevent this kind of severe dehiscing. The follow up appointments were always at least an hour late, and Dr. Satterwhite himself wasn't present at any but the last followup, despite me raising concerns about the wound breakdown. A revision will be necessary to reduce these scars, as well as create the remaining features of the surface genitalia. Otherwise, he was professional, courtious, and knowledgeable, and I do trust that it will eventually come together, I just do not have a good idea of *when*.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2019

Dr. Thomas Satterwhite's response
It means so much when patients put their trust in Dr. Satterwhite and Align Surgical Associates. Dr. Satterwhite has devoted his skills and experience to aiding transgender individuals with their gender expression. However, outcomes are not always perfect right away. Gender confirmation procedures are often an ongoing process, with follow-ups and revisions being necessary. Sometimes healing can take longer than expected; in such cases the staff at Align Surgical Associates is highly skilled at guiding patients through recovery. Though our staff is more than qualified to assist patients throughout treatment, we understand that some patients still want the assurance of face time with the physician themselves. Dr. Satterwhite is happy to make himself available to patients who wish to speak with him directly. Please do not hesitate to contact our office with any questions or concerns.

Submitted October 2, 2019

Talk about turning straw into gold! Dr. Satterwhite is truly gifted and he is such a genuinely kind human being. So is the staff. I feel like they are an extension of my family and I trust them all completely.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2019

My Surgeon Dr. Gurujal and the staff made my experience amazing. After having my chest reconstruction surgery, they took very good care of me.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2019

Maybe a little more insight on possible healing issues. Also, remembering all that was done. For instance, when I had my post op appointment, the doctor and nurse checked everything but forgot to check the liposuction area on my tummy. I forgot too, but it probably should have been remembered while examining me at the time. Otherwise, I have had 3 surgeries w Dr. Satterehite And I trust him with my life.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2019

Dr. Thomas Satterwhite's response
We appreciate the suggestion. We find that the better we equip patients with information about what to expect before, during and after a procedure, the more stress-free and effective the recover process becomes. We also find it positions patients to be their own advocate and alert us if anything seems off. Overall, the process works best when there is strong communication. Any patient with concerns is encouraged to contact our office at any time. We’re happy to help.

Submitted August 12, 2019

I love my results they have made me happier and im so happy i went through Dr. Satterwhite.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2019

Dr. Satterwhite expresses great care for his patients and the staff is very welcoming and kind. Deb, the physician's assistant is supportive and also very caring. The care I received was excellent.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2019

Knowing. Who and what purpose of individuals when I was first introduced to office and medical staff was a confusing aspect.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2019

Dr. Thomas Satterwhite's response
It’s been brought to our attention that new patients may find it difficult to keep track of our staff members and their responsibilities in relation to patient care. We are taking steps to improve this, as we want clear and effective communication with all patients. Best wishes.

Submitted June 28, 2019

Dr. Thomas Satterwhite's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

AHC