Ratings for Dr. Tatiana (Tania) Grosman

If I was lucky enough to be living in Sydney, and was lucky enough for her to agree to take me on as a patient for MY depression and anxiety, I should be awake before dawn, beside myself and could not wait to see her and leave the house. Instead, I had to pack up my stuff and depart St John of God back for Brisbane. She tolerated my emotional lesbianism pretty well come to think of it, considering a fair bit of it was directed at her. She also was supportive about my daughter who had undergone gender reassignment surgery prior to me meeting her. I would say she is LGBTIQ friendly or at least is now radically desensitised after meeting me!!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

I was seeing her for depression and anxiety, and the anxiety made it such that I couldn't leave the house. She made me feel like I was wasting her time by not being well enough to see her. I told her that I thought I may be transgender and she dismissed it completely, and that obviously something else was distressing me so deeply. She recommended I be admitted for 3 weeks for group therapy twice daily at St John of God. I refuse to be the subject of her study. She completely has no concept of mental health. Do not see her unless you are a middle aged upper-middle class woman.

Submitted July 12, 2017

With her caring and compassionate attitude she took me from sick to well, thank you Dr Grosman.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

The most misinformed and incompetent psychiatrist to be set out wandering alone in the big world of psychiatry. I ended up seeing a professor who diagnosed me with depression and refused to believe what her flavour of the month diagnosis was. I'm now living without medications and I'm incredibly happy in my life and career.

Submitted June 23, 2016

She will make the time to fit you into her busy schedule if you go into mental health crisis. The best I ever saw.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

I for one cannot believe the comment that Dr Grosman was not helpful and said nothing could be done. As a person with Borderline Personality Disorder I found that Dr Grosman was the first person who did not just write me off because of the disorder and who assured me I had the possibility of leading a full and productive life. And with her help I have been able to. I have been so grateful that I found someone who understands Borderline Personality Disorder. the psychiatrist I had before her knew I had it but didn't bother telling me (I found out accidentally - long story) as he didn't want to 'upset' me!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

I loved being in her company. She was so sincere. I felt transformed after just being around her for a short while.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

When a doctor says there is nothing they can do because you have a particular disorder and that's just how it is - not helpful. I have since found a great psychiatrist at St John of God who was proactive in my recovery.

Submitted August 28, 2015

This doctor is so great and shows such commitment to her patients. An example of this is that she admits to St John of God (Burwood) which is the leading private psychiatric hospital on Sydney instead of just picking for convenience sake the closest hospital to her geographically (which every other psychiatrist I have known does). So she cares way more about her patients than having to drive a bit more. Also she is also a trained psychotherapist as well as a psychiatrist. Some psychiatrists just want to push medications. Sure they have their place but she wants to treat not just the symptoms but the underlying problems which is done only through the support of a skilled psychotherapist such as herself. Very much recommended.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

A consummate professional. Great professional ethics. You can rely on her.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014