Ratings for Dr. Steven Blazar

I would NEVER recommend him to anyone and I don't know why he still practices. I wish I had read more reviews about him before I had the surgery on my ack. he sat in the exam room with my wife and I and said the surgery was going to make me better. That was a lie because like some of the other reviews I lost feeling to my left foot and have issues standing for more than 15 minutes, sometimes less. during the surgery he punctured my spinal fluid sack (like a slug hammer smashing on your head). he tried to repair it once and didn't work, tried to repair it twice and didn't work again. he had to leave the state for a graduation and left another doctor to make the 3rd repair but the other doctor would not touch me and left me there for 2 days in extreme pain. I transferred to another hospital, the back surgery was a bigger mistake but this site only allows certain amount of words to explain. PLEASE READ BEFORE SURGERY

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

I would not recommend him. I felt he minimized my concerns and rolled his eyes at me during our appointment. He did not seem to want to really hear any of my concerns. Presented as very arrogant.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Sty away from him!! I trusted him to perform routine surgery and expected to walk out of the hospital pain free. I did not WALK out of the hospital and haven't walked since the surgery. I have no feeling in my leg, can't stand without someone holding me and rely on a wheelchair to get around. I am by no means pain free. In fact the pain is much worse. I was better off before the surgery. My life has been drastically altered and my quality of life has deteriorated. If only I read these reviews before the surgery!!!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

Dr Blazar is the worst Doctor/surgeon ever! I wish I could give him a negative score!! He operated on my spine to help a herniated disc in what he told me would be an easy lumbar fusion. I awoke with foot drop. I required a 10 hour revision surgery in Boston and 2 years of rehabilitation to gain use of my foot back. I'm now permanently disabled and I live in chronic and excruciating pain that I didn't have prior to the surgery. The worst part was the unprofessional and disrespectful way he treated me after the surgery. He should have his license revoked. The sad thing is I read down below on another review that I'm not the only one! We should have sued but someone should at least take the license of this man!!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Horrible. Worst doctor I've ever met. Simply doesn't care about you.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Wonderful Staff, excellent surgeon! I recommend Dr. Blazar and his office to anyone who needs an ortho spine surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Dr. Blazar has been my orthopedic surgeon now for over 10 years. And also, I consider him a friend, listener, and caring person. I came to him at my wits end. I have degenerative spinal problems from my lower back up into my cervical area. I had numerous surgeries in Boston and, although my surgeon did his best, he couldn't do any more for me. I had the good fortune to read an article by someone who was treated by him and had great success so I called. From the moment I called his wonderful staff and scheduled my initial appointment I was impressed. He listened and we worked together with treatments prior to doing any surgery. I have had numerous spinal and cervical fusions and ALWAYS got relief. I am sure without his patience and knowledge I would be in a wheelchair. He is compassionate to my pain and spinal condition and I would refer him to anyone who is in need of help. I have never felt more confident of any doctor as I do him. Thank you Dr. Blazar. You truly are a credit to your profession.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

Doctor Blazar did surgery on my lower back in 2003 on my right side lumber c5 and 3 yrs later he did my left side lumber c5 as well I fell on a icy floor and my disc broke into pieces he was the best doctor I could of asked for very polite caring and made sure I well enough to return to work for my first surgery it was done in October and I went back to work at the end of February and the second surgery was In March and went to work in August both times I returned to work like I had never had surgery Thank you Doctor Blazar very much.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

He performed surgery on me and I had to go to Boston to get it repaired! I am now permanently disabled and much much worse than I was before the surgery. Thankfully, the damage he caused didn't progress further because I was finally able to find a doctor in Boston to fix the mess Blazar made. I live in severe chronic pain and have no use of one leg because of his surgery. I didn't have these things prior to surgery. I could have lived with his lousy bedside manner and arrogant attitude if he was actually a decent surgeon. He made such a mess of me it took me 9 months to FIND a doctor willing to fix the mess he made. Thanks Blazar, for ruining my life.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

Dr. Blazer has changed my life. Not once but twice. He performed a surgery on me a few years ago. Yes he is confident, and that is what I want in a doctor that is operating on my back. I Also had severe neck pain and he was kind sympathetic and accurate with his diagnosis. I went from a person unable to move properly and enjoy my family to a mom that is able to do what I want to do. Without him I would have a very poor quality of life? He is a blessing beyond blessings, I do not hesitate in anyway to recommend dr. Blazer in anyway!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2012

Dr. Steven Blazar's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Pacificare