Ratings for Dr. Steven Blazar

Sty away from him!! I trusted him to perform routine surgery and expected to walk out of the hospital pain free. I did not WALK out of the hospital and haven't walked since the surgery. I have no feeling in my leg, can't stand without someone holding me and rely on a wheelchair to get around. I am by no means pain free. In fact the pain is much worse. I was better off before the surgery. My life has been drastically altered and my quality of life has deteriorated. If only I read these reviews before the surgery!!!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

Dr Blazar is the worst Doctor/surgeon ever! I wish I could give him a negative score!! He operated on my spine to help a herniated disc in what he told me would be an easy lumbar fusion. I awoke with foot drop. I required a 10 hour revision surgery in Boston and 2 years of rehabilitation to gain use of my foot back. I'm now permanently disabled and I live in chronic and excruciating pain that I didn't have prior to the surgery. The worst part was the unprofessional and disrespectful way he treated me after the surgery. He should have his license revoked. The sad thing is I read down below on another review that I'm not the only one! We should have sued but someone should at least take the license of this man!!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Horrible. Worst doctor I've ever met. Simply doesn't care about you.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Wonderful Staff, excellent surgeon! I recommend Dr. Blazar and his office to anyone who needs an ortho spine surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Dr. Blazar has been my orthopedic surgeon now for over 10 years. And also, I consider him a friend, listener, and caring person. I came to him at my wits end. I have degenerative spinal problems from my lower back up into my cervical area. I had numerous surgeries in Boston and, although my surgeon did his best, he couldn't do any more for me. I had the good fortune to read an article by someone who was treated by him and had great success so I called. From the moment I called his wonderful staff and scheduled my initial appointment I was impressed. He listened and we worked together with treatments prior to doing any surgery. I have had numerous spinal and cervical fusions and ALWAYS got relief. I am sure without his patience and knowledge I would be in a wheelchair. He is compassionate to my pain and spinal condition and I would refer him to anyone who is in need of help. I have never felt more confident of any doctor as I do him. Thank you Dr. Blazar. You truly are a credit to your profession.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

Doctor Blazar did surgery on my lower back in 2003 on my right side lumber c5 and 3 yrs later he did my left side lumber c5 as well I fell on a icy floor and my disc broke into pieces he was the best doctor I could of asked for very polite caring and made sure I well enough to return to work for my first surgery it was done in October and I went back to work at the end of February and the second surgery was In March and went to work in August both times I returned to work like I had never had surgery Thank you Doctor Blazar very much.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

He performed surgery on me and I had to go to Boston to get it repaired! I am now permanently disabled and much much worse than I was before the surgery. Thankfully, the damage he caused didn't progress further because I was finally able to find a doctor in Boston to fix the mess Blazar made. I live in severe chronic pain and have no use of one leg because of his surgery. I didn't have these things prior to surgery. I could have lived with his lousy bedside manner and arrogant attitude if he was actually a decent surgeon. He made such a mess of me it took me 9 months to FIND a doctor willing to fix the mess he made. Thanks Blazar, for ruining my life.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

Dr. Blazer has changed my life. Not once but twice. He performed a surgery on me a few years ago. Yes he is confident, and that is what I want in a doctor that is operating on my back. I Also had severe neck pain and he was kind sympathetic and accurate with his diagnosis. I went from a person unable to move properly and enjoy my family to a mom that is able to do what I want to do. Without him I would have a very poor quality of life? He is a blessing beyond blessings, I do not hesitate in anyway to recommend dr. Blazer in anyway!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2012

Arrogant is not strong enough. Although he has a decent verbal rep for back surgery he is only a number. So are you as he will let you know.He is why orthos get reps for being rude. I do not care about his golf score nor did I like it when he looked at his watch 3 times during the precious 10 minutes I was allowed.There are plentiful good orthos around you do not need his holier than though attitude.Lets face it hes in Attleboro not Wellesley.Oops was that demeaning?

flag | Submitted October 19, 2007

Dr. Steven Blazar's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

AHC