Ratings for Dr. Stephen F. Shafizadeh

I am a veteran needing a complex neurosurgeon due to service connected injuries and have been referred to Dr Shafizadeh by the VA. First, let me say the VA here has really stayed on top of this referral, calling frequently to inquire as to when I would be contacted to be given an appointment. I have also been inquiring myself with the office staff as to a possible time to speak with someone to acquire an appointment to see DR Shafizadeh. This Doctors office is NOT a friendly office. Nor sadly is it VA friendly. The VA and I both have gotten nothing but excuses, “lost records(3 times)”, “lost referral(4 times)”, “staff change issues”, etc. After numerous calls, I spoke to the scheduling nurse who told me it would be at least 3 More months before I would get a call for a new patient appointment.. if Dr Shafizadeh decided I should be selected to be seen. If I am having this much trouble just to get a new patient appointment, What would happen to me if I was really needing to get post surgery assistance? This may be a good doctor, but you may never know because you will not be able to get an appointment due to the staff being careless and uncaring.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2019

I am very thankful I was referred to Dr. Shafkizadeh. He removed a mass in the lining of my brain (meningioma) in November on 2017 and since then all my scans have been clear. His consultations were encouraging and informative. My husband and I very much appreciated the time he took to view and explain the scans along with procedures involved.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2019

After my 17 year old broke his back, he was flown to LR. Dr. Shafizadeh was waiting in the ER for us. Ever since then, he has been fantastic! He explained everything in layman's terms and didn't leave the room until everyone (including my son) had no more questions and understood everything going on. He sat down with him in the beginning and asked what his goals were and together they made a plan for him to be healthy enough to obtain them. His bedside manner was wonderful and made us all feel like he really cared about my son. I highly recommend Dr. Shafizadeh!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2019

We did not have a chance to select a surgeon, but I appreciate whoever gave us Dr Stephen Sahfizadeh!! He was very informative from that first pre-op visit. His explaination after the surgery was excellent and he was very willing to talk to and answer questions from the whole family! Care in St. Vincent's was excellent and recovery was swift! Our first post -op visit was in his new building and the staff was very helpful. I highly recommend him to anyone needing brain surgery.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2019

He really made me feel comfortable, even with a complex brain surgery. He came highly recommended from other neurosurgeon and doctors and It was worth it. Surgery went extremely well. He is a true gentleman and advocate for all of his patients.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2018

I felt all the way through the experience that Dr. Shafizadeh and his staff was there to answer my questions and the doctor's experience has been a blessing.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2018

After the surgery I was only taking Tylenol. After I was least to return home I only took Tylenol for one day. It has been 10 months an no pain. I thank the Lord God for a great Doctor like Dr. Stephen F. Shafizadeh!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2018

I have no doubt Dr. Shafizadeh is an excellent neurosurgeon. However, his office management leaves a lot to be desired. In both my appointments, I had to wait almost 2 hours after my appointment time to see him. In conversations with his other patients, I was told that this amount of waiting was not unusual. His time might be medically more valuable than mine, but I can't tolerate this level of office mismanagement. I left my second appointment with out seeing him

flag | Submitted August 23, 2018

Best Dr in the nation. Very nice , and careing. I believe God directed the surgeons hands and was with him and Me during the surgery. I have made great progress in my recovery. Soon I will be back 100% to what I was before the Aneurysm. Thank you for being there for me. Dr Shafizaheh has helped me in so many ways, and is the best in the nation in Neurosurgery .

flag | Submitted August 15, 2018

Thank God and Dr. Shafizadeh for saving my life. On June 8, 2018, tests revealed that I had a brain tumor (meningioma) pressing against my brain. Dr. Shafizadeh surgically removed my tumor on June 25, 2018. I strongly recommend Dr. Shafizadeh to anyone searching for a Neurosurgeon. He explained all treatment plans available and spoke in a manner that I could clearly understand; his bedside manner was delightful and he made me feel my recovery was his priority. Dr. Shafizadeh, May God continue to guide your surgical skills and bless you and your staff. Thank you Roy Gray Jr.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2018

Dr. Stephen F. Shafizadeh's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

• BCBS Illinois