Ratings for Dr. Stephanie Power

Dr. Power is amazing. She has incredible bedside manner, explains the risks and benefits of every option she gives, and always explains what she is doing before and as she does it. The reception staff are working non-stop answering phones, making/re-scheduling appointments, and processing payments - everyone at this office is working non-stop to ensure the patient has the most pleasurable experience. I would recommend Dr. Power to anyone seeking aesthetic or functional surgery as she is first class.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2019

I wanted to book a consultation for an elective surgery with this doctor. Her receptionist called me to “screen” me in to see her, she is inappropriate, unprofessional and is working outside the scope of a receptionist. she would ask me my medical history, my past behavioural/lifestyle modification strategies and proceeded to tell me that “ I should lose weight” before I even see the doctor for a consultation. a consultation is an opportunity to speak with a physician about your eligibility for a procedure (a receptionist is not supposed to screen you out for that!!). absolutely inappropriate and unprofessional front staff. It’s a shame. I would not return.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2019

Dr. Stephanie Power

Dr. Stephanie Power's response
Thanks for your feedback. I generally do not read or endorse anonymous online reviews, but would like to provide more information about our cosmetic booking process. It was actually designed to improve the patient experience. Unfortunately certain individuals may not be candidates for elective cosmetic surgery or treatments. This could be related to underlying medical conditions (e.g. heart or lung disease, collagen disorders) or medications (e.g. prednisone, blood thinners, etc.). Other times a patient may require lifestyle modification before elective surgery is an option (e.g. related to smoking cessation or achieving a healthy body weight). If someone plans to become pregnant in the near future, for example, it is also recommended to delay tummy tuck or cosmetic breast surgery until afterwards. Liposuction is not an effective surgery for weight loss, but is quite useful for targeting focal fatty deposits once a healthy BMI has been achieved. We found that patients were dissatisfied after arranging time off work, travelling to our office, and paying a consultation fee to be told that surgery is not (or not yet) an option. The screening process is intended to benefit you. My patient care coordinator - Jennifer - has been in this field for 20 years and is quite skilled at this screening process. All questions have been approved by me and all office members uphold patient confidentiality. Other offices may have different policies, however I believe the main reason for our excellent results is the careful screening process. We strive to achieve the best aesthetic outcome for each patient while minimizing associated risks. Best wishes, Dr. P.

Submitted October 30, 2019

Snobby staff at the front desk. This is what we pay for?

flag | Submitted October 21, 2019

I have nothing but amazing things to say for Dr.Power. I had a fairly big mole on my right cheek that I have been covering for the past 10 years with my hair. I visited 6+ surgeons who all told me that I would have a huge scar. I even had one surgeon turn me away and tell me she did not want to operate on me because I am still young and she did not want to "botch" my face. After 10 years of covering my mole and 5 years of researching surgeons, I stumbled upon Dr. Power. I had a consultation with her and she told me the best method of removal would be a 2-step procedure (none of the other surgeons I saw even mentioned something like this to me). I have never had surgery before and as this mole was on my face I was terrified of a single procedure let alone 2. Dr.Power is very knowledgable and is very confident, which I find important since I was letting her operate on my face. It has been almost 4 months since the second procedure and the scar is almost healed. I have stopped hiding under my hair and have been so much more confident since the procedure. I do have a scar but it is incredibly thin and pink (as expected). It takes me approximately 15 seconds to cover it COMPLETELY with makeup. I have never been happier or more confident with my appearance and I honestly can't thank Dr. Power enough. I would recommend her to ANYONE, especially someone who is nervous about scaring and surgery. Thank you Dr.Power!!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2019

I had an incredible experience with Dr. Power and her staff. Her staff are extremely courteous, sweet and helpful. Dr. Power is kind, patient and honest. She helped me to remove my lipomas that have been bothering me for a long time. She was extremely careful and diligent right from the start, which made me feel safe and comfortable. She runs a very organized practice and is extremely punctual. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a qualified plastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2019

From the moment I booked the appointment I had an incredible experience with the staff as well as Dr. Powers. They genuinely care, want you to feel comfortable if it’s your time and will go out of their way to answer any questions you may have. She’s also very honest, believing less is more in the beginning and being patient with the way your body reacts. I absolutely adore Jennifer, one of her staff members and honestly look forward to going back. It’s a great environment, nonjudgmental and I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2019

I can't believe the person that gave Dr. Powers the rating below. She was absolutely the opposite of what the person said who had two moles removed. She was absolutely amazing and would recommend her very highly. Her staff were excellent. Right on time and lots of info about my procedure.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2019

Nice calm people who gave me all the info I needed

flag | Submitted August 19, 2019

Had two moles removed by Dr. Power after a referral by my derm. Very unhelpful, rude and dismissive. I wouldn’t recommend at all. Her staff are also very unhelpful, not ideal when someone is anxious and nervous about a procedure. Very disappointing experience.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2019

I was very satisfied for the procedure Ibhave received. Thank you.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2019