Ratings for Dr. Sowmil Mehta

Mr. Mehta, does not have a doctoral degree to be called Doctor. He is a physician. Our experience with him has not been good. He does not pay attention to the patient. His secretary is extremely rude and mean, if he wants to continue in this business, he will have to fire her and hire a decent secretary who knows how to deal with patients with respect. In addition, he will have to show care for his patients since he is paid to do that.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2018

I’ve been seeing Dr. Mehta for many years, through the years I’ve had nothing but professionalism kind and very respectful. If I had questions during any visit he took his time to answer them or explain anything that I needed. I’ve also have had no problems with Stacy the secretary she has always been pleasant with me and has never been rude, some of these negative comments about her are probably people that are very demanding and don’t show any respect towards her, so if you get a negative reply after being disrespectful, ignorant and rude you probably deserved it. Put yourself in her shoes would you want someone to speak to you with no respect, call you names and miss treat you, you probably wouldn’t appreciate it. I was raised that if you want respect you have to show respect. I give Stacy a lot of credit for putting up with all the things that a secretary has to I’ve been in her shoes when I was working and it was never a good day when you’ve been treated with disrespect. I would recommend Dr. Mehta to everyone, he’s an awesome, knowledgable doctor.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2018

I must say that of all the doctors I've seen in 40 something years, from walking in and having Julie (I hope I have her name right) take care of me at the window, to meeting and speaking to Dr Mehta, this team is exceptional and is right up at the top for kindness, professionalism, helpfulness and know very well how to make your visit very pleasant. Dr Mehta is an excellent specialist and took a lot of time with me, asking many questions and explaining every test that he wants me to get as well as what to do in the meantime to help relieve the pain I have in my foot and ankle. He did not hesitate to answer my questions and explained them very well (I didn't need to be a doctor to understand). I must admit that after reading some of the negative reviews on here prior to seeing him, I was a little skeptical about the visit. Having met him and the receptionist, I have no idea who these people seen but no way could it possibly be this office! Looking forward to my next visit after my tests are completed!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

Where to start I had waited 2 months for an appointment only to have it cancelled. The receptionist called very apoligetic and did reschedule my appointment 4 weeks later I just had to call her back to confirm, unfortunately my wife erased the message so I forgot to call. Imagine my surprize when I received a bill for a missed visit. I call the receptions and ripped a strip off her calling her a liar and other names. I realized afterwards I had lost my common sense and should have called to apoligize to her as she was only following Dr Mehta direction. I rated his staff a 4 as she was just following orders. Dr Mehta is a piece of work charging people appointments when they have not confirmed. I have registered a complaint. Never go to this Dr. He treats you like you are a number. I hope they fine him for miconduct.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

If this review can help one person then I feel that it has done it's job. My husband saw Dr. Mehta for over 2 years. At our first visit he stated that he would be cutting off my husband's foot...I started to cry, he said I don't mean today maybe in a year....during the 2 years of monthly client visits, he would say from a distance...just keep doing what you are doing...honestly he never touched my husband's foot or got any closer than 3 feet away. I decided I needed to do something, his foot was stable but not healing. After much research I found Dr. Vanessa Wong at Scarborough General Hospital within 5 mins of our first visit she had pliers out and was cutting away the dead bone in my husbands heel...she was disgusted that our doctor in Windsor did nothing for over 3 years, stating that a wound will not heal with dead bone. We have driven to Scarborough at least 13 times in the past 13 months each time she would cut out more bone. Today my husband's heel is almost healed! Dr. Vanessa Wong is a lifesaver literally. Dr. Mehta should be a shamed of himself...if he did not know what to do, he should of referred us out to a Doctor that knew and cared. In all honesty the whole system in Windsor failed my husband, there were a lot of "professionals" involved with the care of his foot...yet none of them said those words "his foot will never heal with dead bone protruding out" I am not a medical professional but hello that does seem to make sense! If you feel that you are not getting the care you require...please please be your own activist...don't just settle seek out other options. We lost 3 years of quality of life for our family...and had we not searched out other options I shutter at the thought of Mehta's words at our first meeting.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

Dr. Mehta compassionate and competent very good experience

Submitted March 16, 2018

I think I know that last person who rated the secretary. I was at the office when you had your fit....what a LIAR you are. YOU were rude and accused the secretary of all kinds of things. She kept repeating what YOU REFUSED to hear. You are a BULLY and were angry because you could not get your way so you TOOK IT OUT ON THE SECRETARY. How dare you. If you have a problem with the doctor take it out with the doctor. You don't want to pay your bill take it up with your insurance. Stop harassing the poor secretary caught in the middle.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

Extremely bad experience and his secretary is the worst to deal with . She is very rude and mean . I can't even describe how bad she is . Ugh I hate her . Evil

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Dr Mehta is fantastic. He is very knowledgeable compassionate and competent.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

He was fantastic. Very knowledgable very kind. He was who was on staff are at the hospital and I feel so very lucky.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Sowmil Mehta's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

UnitedHealthcare