Dr. Skye Van Munster

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Skye Van Munster

Amazing results. I had acupuncture treatments from my physio in the past for lower back issues and it really hurt so I was super nervous about trying it again. Skye was incredibly gentle. Not only was the treatment not painful i left feeling the most relaxed I had felt in years.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

Skye helped get my irregular cycle back on track, balance my hormones, and provided me with all the information I needed to help become pregnant as soon as possible. Within a few months I became pregnant and made a friend. Skye is kind, caring, and shows interest into your own life. I will definitely be back for all other symptoms that arise in my life. Thanks again!!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Two of my good friends had become pregnant after seeing Skye for just a few months. I was skeptical about acupuncture and Chinese medicine but after having another miscarriage I felt I had nothing to lose. From the get go Skye put my mind at ease. She is extremely knowledgeable and I was surprised at how much she investigated into my health and pointed out things that my doctor's just ignored. After a few months of treatment I was feeling better than I had in years. I conceived and and I am now full term in my pregnancy. I don't think I would of got here without Skye. She is truly amazing

flag | Submitted October 28, 2017

For close to 20 years I have suffered anxiety. Over the last two years, anxiety has started to take it's toll on my body causing frequent and severe tension headaches, facial numbness and this past summer a "globus sensation" in my throat (it felt like I had a lump in my throat everytime I swallowed, only I didn't); my medical doctor told me it was caused by the severe neck tension. For me, the globus was my body's loud message that I needed to deal more effectively with the underlying cause: anxiety. I began to see Dr. Van Munster who, through acupuncture, chinese herbs and dietary changes, helped put my body back into balance. I can honestly say that of the treatments I have sought (including therapy, antidepressants (which made it worse), massage) she has made the greatest difference in my life. Of course, I sill have episodes of anxiety. But they are not as a severe which I attribute in part to my energy levels; I now have the energy to deal more effectively with issues as they arise. I also experience less brain fog, a symptom which itself can cause anxiety! I will continue to use my other tools (therapy, meditation). And now, acupuncture with Dr. Van Munster is a big part of my treatment plan. So thank you Dr. Van Munster!! Your knowledge, dedication, kindness and professionalism has made such a difference in my life.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Not only is she amazing at her profession but she is also such a kind person. She is very knowledgeable and committed to treating you successfully. Under her care, you are in the best hands possible!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Skye has helped me with my sleep and headaches. I went for years not sleeping. Wish I would have come to see Skye years ago.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

I can not recommend Skye enough. I came to her in a mess. I was experiencing severe Anxiety with panic attacks. After the first treatment I felt more relaxed but after the fourth treatment I can not believe how much her treatments helped. I feel like my old self again. I no longer feel anxious. She provided me with tools to continue feeling better including diet and lifestyle advice.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Skye is a amazing Doctor, healer and human being. She helped me deal with chronic pain after surgery and get my life back on track. She listens and does her homework to find the root of the problem. After being a bit skeptical I am now a big supporter of the healing power of acupuncture.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Simply an amazing doctor with great personality and professional manner. Skye helped me during the toughest years of my life as I experienced recurrent miscarriages. Today I am holding my 2 month old in my arms

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Skye is caring, professional, and wise. She listens attentively and tailors every session to meet specific needs. Her work leaves me feeling relaxed and centered. I enthusiastically recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Dr. Skye Van Munster's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Skye Van Munster is one of only a few university trained Acupuncturist and Chinese Medicine Practitioners in Calgary. She gained her degree in Applied Science majoring in Chinese Medicine from the University of Western Sydney, Australia. She then completed an advanced clinical internship in Nanjing, China at a leading Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine Hospital. Here she spent four months as a medical intern in the Gynecology, Rheumatology, Pediatrics and Gastroenterology departments. Skye has been practicing as a Doctor of Chinese Medicine for over eight years, effectively treating a wide range of health conditions and disorders. She utilizes all aspects of Chinese Medicine in her treatments including acupuncture, moxibustion, cupping, acupressure, Qi Gong breathing instruction, Tuina Massage, Herbal Medicine and Chinese Nutrition. An avid learner, Skye continues to study classical acupuncture techniques while keeping up to date with western medical research. Over the years she has trained with many Masters of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine including Dr Richard Tan, Dr. Wang Ju Yi, Jane Lyttleton, Debra Betts and Heiner Fruehauf. Skye recently became a member of The Institute for Functional Medicine and will be using her new knowledge in practice; she is on her way to becoming a certified Functional Medicine Practitioner. As a Functional Medicine Practitioner she will be able to investigate further into the true cause of illness through lab work and scientific testing. She will also be taking a deeper look at nutrition and its role in chronic health issues and will be able to guide her patients through Functional Medicine comprehensive food plans to utilize food as medicine. Skye’s area’s of focus are Anxiety, Fertility and chronic headaches Skye has experience in treating / managing the following conditions with great success: Chronic pain: headaches, migraines, neck and back pain, TMJ, arthritis, tendonitis, Fertility and obstetrics: IVF and IUI support, natural fertility enhancement, pre-birth treatments Hormonal and thyroid imbalances: PMS, irregular cycles, amenorrhea, Hashimoto’s, acne, irritability, PCOS Stress and psycho-emotional disorders: insomnia, anxiety, depression and eating disorders Digestive imbalances: food sensitivities, diarrhea, constipation, IBS, chronic bloating and discomfort She also does support treatments for Cancer and Multiple Sclerosis patients to reduce pain, relieve anxiety and reduce any other symptoms.

• Infertility