Dr. Skye Van Munster

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Skye Van Munster

Skye is a amazing Doctor, healer and human being. She helped me deal with chronic pain after surgery and get my life back on track. She listens and does her homework to find the root of the problem. After being a bit skeptical I am now a big supporter of the healing power of acupuncture.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Simply an amazing doctor with great personality and professional manner. Skye helped me during the toughest years of my life as I experienced recurrent miscarriages. Today I am holding my 2 month old in my arms

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Skye is caring, professional, and wise. She listens attentively and tailors every session to meet specific needs. Her work leaves me feeling relaxed and centered. I enthusiastically recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

I started seeing Skye in the fall of 2016. I suffer from depression and anxiety and I felt like my mess just were not helping me like I thought they should be. Just a few months after my first acupuncture treatment, I have been feeling better than I have in years. I have energy, my moods are consistent and I actually enjoy socializing again. I owe this change in my life to Skye. She is so easy to talk to, and genuinely cares for her patients well being. I have recommended Skye to others as well. I will continue acupuncture therapy with her for as long as she will have me!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Dr. Skye Van Munster is the best. I came into see her about my headaches and my feet. After several acupuncture treatments I felt a million times better. After a year I'm still feel good and am so glad I went to see her. She's very knowledgable, helpful and caring. I am a big believer in acupuncture.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

I started seeing Skye for severe post concussion syndrome at first I was unsure about accupuncture and if it would elevate my symptoms. I had tried many other forms of treatment and did not seem to improve as quickly as I should have. So, when I had met with her I pretty much had resigned myself to thinking that my PCS wouldn't improve. But, thankfully I was wrong! From the first appointment and onwards I was always impressed with Skye's knowledge and bedside manner. Not only did she provide me with acupuncture service she also gave me a game plan as to lifestyle changes that I needed to do to improve. She made me aware of the Brain/Gut connection and how our bodies do not process food the same way after a concussion. She was the first person to inform me of this. She provided me with a probiotic and a magnesium subscription which I filled immediately. I attribute my continued recovery to Skye's acknowledge and experience in acupuncture as well as her ability to think beyond just one form of treatment. I would highly recommend Skye to anyone who is considering trying acupuncture. Right away she made me feel comfortable and I trusted her expertise and skill.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Skye is a healer in every sense of the word. She changed my life and got me the help I needed when it mattered most. She encouraged me to explore more natural , long lasting remedies to cure my depression and anxiety . Under her care I was able to get off medication and reach balance. She is always supportive and provides a wide range of options and was open to working with my traditional treatments. She is also very generous with her knowledge , she emphasizes a wholistic approach beyond acupuncture advising on diet and exercise as part of your treatment. Most importantly she is compassionate and provides a safe environment for you to embark on a path towards healing and balance .

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

I have always done traditional medicine and all the dr wanted to do was surgery and Skype has put me on a no sugar, no dairy and no gluten and I think it is working. I also was told that I had ostioarthristis in my hip and I was talking alot of tylnol arthritis and since going to her I have stop and I have no pain. Thanks Skype

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

I started seeing Skye in late 2014 with uncontrollable headaches. Since then she has not only put me on the path to recovery but has done an amazing job at helping me understanding the sources of my pain; a true whole body picture. She is not only gentle (a trait that's important in acupuncture!), but truly cares. I highly recommend Skye for anyone experiencing pain and wanting to understand the full picture.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

My headaches and constant pain were so unmanageable and no one seemed to know how to help. MRI's, head dr's, vision episodes, migraines. I was just functioning and living off paon meds daily. I started seeing Sky and for that 1 hour treatment I would finally feel the pain subside. RELIEF! A word i didnt think exsisted. She set out a plan and in a very short time I am living life again without pain meds of any kind. I am able to workout again and my headaches are less and less everytime I see her. I strongly recommend Sky to anyone. She genuinely cares and listens. She is beyond knowledgable and has really promoted a lot of change in my life.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

Dr. Skye Van Munster's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Skye Van Munster is one of only a few university trained Acupuncturist and Chinese Medicine Practitioners in Calgary. She gained her degree in Applied Science majoring in Chinese Medicine from the University of Western Sydney, Australia. She then completed an advanced clinical internship in Nanjing, China at a leading Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine Hospital. Here she spent four months as a medical intern in the Gynecology, Rheumatology, Pediatrics and Gastroenterology departments. Skye has been practicing as a Doctor of Chinese Medicine for over eight years, effectively treating a wide range of health conditions and disorders. She utilizes all aspects of Chinese Medicine in her treatments including acupuncture, moxibustion, cupping, acupressure, Qi Gong breathing instruction, Tuina Massage, Herbal Medicine and Chinese Nutrition. An avid learner, Skye continues to study classical acupuncture techniques while keeping up to date with western medical research. Over the years she has trained with many Masters of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine including Dr Richard Tan, Dr. Wang Ju Yi, Jane Lyttleton, Debra Betts and Heiner Fruehauf. Skye recently became a member of The Institute for Functional Medicine and will be using her new knowledge in practice; she is on her way to becoming a certified Functional Medicine Practitioner. As a Functional Medicine Practitioner she will be able to investigate further into the true cause of illness through lab work and scientific testing. She will also be taking a deeper look at nutrition and its role in chronic health issues and will be able to guide her patients through Functional Medicine comprehensive food plans to utilize food as medicine. Skye’s area’s of focus are Anxiety, Fertility and chronic headaches Skye has experience in treating / managing the following conditions with great success: Chronic pain: headaches, migraines, neck and back pain, TMJ, arthritis, tendonitis, Fertility and obstetrics: IVF and IUI support, natural fertility enhancement, pre-birth treatments Hormonal and thyroid imbalances: PMS, irregular cycles, amenorrhea, Hashimoto’s, acne, irritability, PCOS Stress and psycho-emotional disorders: insomnia, anxiety, depression and eating disorders Digestive imbalances: food sensitivities, diarrhea, constipation, IBS, chronic bloating and discomfort She also does support treatments for Cancer and Multiple Sclerosis patients to reduce pain, relieve anxiety and reduce any other symptoms.

• Infertility