Ratings for Dr. Sean Smith

Dr. Smith preformed my breast implant revision surgery and the experience was incredible and the results are life changing. My revision was completed in two steps; implant removal/capsulectomies and new breast implants. The recovery time for both surgeries was quick and I experienced minimal pain and bruising. The end result over exceeded my expectations and I finally have a symmetrical cheast!  Dr. Smith is extremely talented, knowlegable and personable.  I strongly recommend Dr. Smith to anyone looking for surgical needs.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2019

This doc is thee VERY BEST! Labour day weekend I was using a high speed grinder and opened my thumb and hand. It was a horrible mess but Doc Smith was outstanding. He repaired the nerves and tendons and a month later I am once again using my hand be it with care and still no feeling in the thumb but this may take a year to come back. He met with me prior to surgery and then again afterwards which was probably a hoot since I was still groggy from the general. If I ever have the misfortune of blood letting again I'll make sure to ask for Doc Smith - in a heartbeat! Thank you Doc - you are worth every penny they pay you and MORE! You're the best.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2019

I had a minor surgery on my face by Dr Smith. The consultation and the surgical procedure both went extremely well. Dr. Smith is very knowledgeable and professional. Everything was clearly explained prior to the surgery and the actual procedure was done very smoothly. I didn’t see blood and there was no pain or itch at all. More importantly the result was WAY beyond my expectation! I cannot find a scar even looking at the mirror up close, knowing there has to be something! I feel lucky to be treated by Dr Smith and would recommend Dr Smith to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2019

Very knowledgeable and easy to understand. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2019

Dr. Smith is fantastic. He was very clear and good at explaining the procedure and all the instruction to follow for after care . Would highly recommend him and his staff.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2019

Dr. Smith takes time to explain everything - what he's doing (or suggesting we do) and why; what the impact will be and how much it will cost. His work is excellent, he's very personable and always makes me feel completely at ease. I would highly recommend Dr. Smith.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2019

Dr. Smith performed surgery on my ankle to remove melanoma. Being diagnosed with cancer was a huge shock and obviously a terrible experience but Dr. Smith’s kindness and caring went a long way to improving my recovery. He removed a decent portion of skin from my ankle and did a skin graft, using tissue from my thigh. He was very thorough, walking me through the procedure during our consultation, before the surgery, and giving me comprehensive instructions for post care. He was always on time for all of my appointments and gave me his full attention, listening to any concerns that I had and answering all of my questions. My wound is healing really well and I’m happy to be cancer free thanks in large part to Dr. Smith!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2019

Dr. Smith is the ultimate professional. He helped me with my breast surgery. I was so unhappy previously and now I feel healthier, happier and his expertise and skill has allowed me to heal quickly, and my associated shoulder pain has improved as well. The scars are barely noticeable. He was thorough, patient, knowledgeable. He never rushed me and listened patiently to my concerns. My health was his top priority and I feel so blessed to have been referred to him. I would recommend him to anyone in a heartbeat. His staff as well were very friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2019

Dr. Smith is the ultimate professional...his work is exemplary...he takes time to ensure you understand ….no matter how small or large the problem he places the same importance on all....so thankful I was referred to him....

flag | Submitted July 8, 2019

I was born with an ear flap and it was quite unsightly. Dr. Smith performed surgery to remove it and my ear looks perfect. He hid the scar on the inside of my upper ear as well, so you could never tell. His work is EXCELLENT - very talented. He is also very personable, engaging, professional and experienced. I am thrilled with my experience as one of his patients.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2019

Dr. Sean Smith's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Sean C. Smith, BSc, MD, FRCSC, is a board certified Plastic Surgeon specializing in surgical and non-surgical care of the face, breast and body. Dr. Smith is certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and registered with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario for independent practice in Plastic Surgery. Patients expecting the highest quality of care can find Dr. Smith’s office located at The Ottawa Clinic. He holds full hospital privileges at the Queensway Carleton Hospital and the Carleton Place District Memorial Hospital as well as courtesy privileges at The Ottawa Hospital. Dr. Smith is committed to professional development and lifelong learning and is accredited through the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada’s Maintenance of Certification Program. Dr. Smith’s patients can expect the most current advice and surgical practices. He teaches state of the art surgical techniques to the University of Ottawa Plastic Surgery Residents and lectures at the University of Ottawa Plastic Surgery Residency seminar series. He is also an instructor at the annual Canadian Plastic Surgery Chief Resident Review Course. Dr. Smith takes a four-step approach to providing exceptional care for his patients: - First, he will listen and discuss your hopes and concerns. There can never be too much communication when it comes to planning your surgical or non-surgical procedure. - Second, he will perform a complete examination and provide his suggested operative or non-operative plan. He will discuss the risks and benefits of all options and spend as much time as you need answering all of your questions. - Third, with a meticulous surgical technique, an artistic eye and attention to detail, he will perform your procedure.  Above all else, your safety is the priority.  - Finally, he will provide compassionate post-surgical care for as long as necessary.  Dr. Smith will always make himself available for questions or concerns. Dr. Smith aims to provide the highest standards of care to all of his patients. In addition to offering exceptional care regarding aesthetic surgery of the face, breast and body, his Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery practice includes skin cancer surgery, hand surgery, cranial-facial trauma surgery, reconstructive surgery of the breast, trunk, face, upper & lower limbs and minor burn care. Dr. Smith completed his five-year Plastic Surgery Residency at The University of Ottawa.  During his time as a surgical resident, he received the Outstanding Resident Teaching – Best Resident Teacher Award presented at the University of Ottawa – Collins Surgical Day in 2012. Following his Residency, he spent an extra year of training completing two additional clinical Fellowships to further is expertise in the field of Plastic Surgery. His Plastic Surgery fellowships include: - University of British Colombia – Clinical Fellowship in Aesthetic Surgery and Comprehensive Breast Surgery. Under the guidance of Dr. Brian Peterson, Dr. Smith acquired advanced knowledge and experience in breast surgery (breast augmentation, breast lift, breast reduction), body contouring (mini-abdominoplasty, full abdominoplasty, extended abdominoplasty, brachioplasty, high definition liposuction) and facial surgery (facelift, necklift, rhinoplasty and eyelid surgery). - University of Ottawa – Clinical Fellowship in Craniofacial Surgery. Under the guidance of Dr. Daniel Peters, Dr. Smith acquired advance skills in functional rhinoplasty, adult craniofacial trauma reconstruction, head and neck skin cancer reconstruction and pediatric craniofacial surgery. Dr. Smith obtained his License to Practice Medicine from the Medical Council of Canada in 2010 and obtained his Doctor of Medicine from SABA University. He earned his undergraduate Bachelor of Science, Specialization in Cell and Molecular Biology from Concordia University. Dr. Smith is a member of the following medical organizations: - Ontario Medical Association - Academy of Medicine of Ottawa - National Capital Plastic Surgery Society - Canadian Medical Protective Association - Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada - College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario - Licensed by the Medical Council of Canada. Dr. Smith enjoys a variety outdoor sports such as alpine ski racing, rock climbing, white water kayaking, mountain & road biking, water skiing and golf.  He is a CSCF Level II Ski Coach and CSIA Level II Ski Instructor. Above all, Dr. Smith is a proud father and husband.  He lives with his wife and two sons in Ottawa’s west end.

• English