Ratings for Dr. Samuel Shinde

Very bad dentist, very bad side manners with patients and staff.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Went for an appointment today and was not at all impressed. The Wonderland Family Practice was until recently owned by Dr. Charles Lin, who was one of the best dentists I have ever been to, but unfortunately has recently retired. I had exactly the same problem as one of the reviewers below - I made an appointment for a cleaning and checkup, but was told during the cleaning that the dentist couldn't see me for a checkup - but could instead pop in for an emergency consultation. Hmmm ... well since I had a tooth hurting I went ahead with this. They ended up charging me almost THREE TIMES the cost of a regular checkup for this "emergency" examination, even though I had booked a checkup, which they were "too busy" to do. It worked out to $95 for 5 minutes of the dentists time (in addition to the cleaning), which is equivalent to $1140/hour for his services - just to look at one tooth, and I didn't ever get the full checkup that I had originally booked! They seem to think that dental insurance coverage is a limitless pot that they can just plunder at their will. Also, the cleaning wasn't really that good - it took about half the time of all previous cleanings I have had done, I had to repeatedly ask for suction, and my teeth don't even have that great "just cleaned" feeling. The front desk staff are super-evasive and won't really answer questions directly, either about billing charges, or staff changes. My husband left this practice earlier this year, as he felt that they were recommending unnecessary dental work, and were quite aggressive about it. Sadly I now have to second this, as they seem much more concerned with selling mouth guards, and expensive/unnecessary dental procedures than actually doing work in the best interests of their patients. Most (or perhaps all?) of the old staff is gone, and the replacements are definitely inferior, both in their skill level and their helpfulness.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

Saw him at my dentist office he just took over. Not very personable. Sat in chair on two occasions and listen to him belittle assistants, lecture them and discuss matters that should not be discussed with patient present. Very not comfortable with him. Not going back either. Wouldn't recommend.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

He took over for a Dentist my family used for years. Charged us for bacterial rinses without asking. Charged for appointment as an emergency visit without notification charge would apply. It was not an emergency simply asked if they had an opening.Sold mouth gaurds with no grounds. Two other Dentist's said it was not required.Large turn over of staff that had been loyal to office for decades. Money hungry and not concerned about customer service.Very disturbing.

Submitted April 11, 2013

Dr. Samuel Shinde's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Amerigroup