Dr. Ryan T. M. Mitchell

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ryan T. M. Mitchell

Felt at ease for my surgery. Answered any questions I had and made me feel very comfortable.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2019

Dr Ryan Mitchell is the best at wat he does!! His surgery skills are excellent, he is excellent with his patients and answers questions in a very clear and understandable way! If a post op patient is having concerns he will make sure to get them in as soon as possible! I highly recommend this dr and would go back myself if needed without hesitation!!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2019

I recently had a breast reduction with Dr.Mitchell. His clinic staff, St.B staff and Dr.Mitchell were amazing highly recommend this surgeon. The Best!!!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2019

I just had a breast reduction with Dr. Mitchell and am beyond happy with my results! Scarring is minimal (and it hasn’t been that long yet, so it can only get better). Shape, lift, nipples, all happy with. He did an AMAZING job. Dr. Mitchell is very kind and knows his stuff. Appointments run quickly at the St. Boniface Clinic, so know what you want to ask before going in. He will answer your questions, he is just doing his job and staying on time with his clients. I would recommend him to all my friends and family, my experience with his staff, the St B hospital and clinic, and him were beyond expectations. Do not hesitate to go meet him! Know that all initial meetings are quicker than you’d expect. I went with my gut and am SO happy I did. Awesome surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2019

Excellent service! Dr. Ryan was covering for my current Doc. who was out of town. He didn't hesitate to roll up his sleeves and help me. He was quick to assess my breast and drained the fluid build up. He also took the time to explain why other things couldn't be a quick fix. (like the hole at the T sight). Ryan was nice enough to give me some medical supplies for home. (which never happens). He also cared enough to plan and book me a follow-up appointment for the next week and said if my doctor was unavailable to see me that he would. (since it was important that the breast not fill up with fluid again) Now if that isn't a team player, I don't know what is.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2019

I recently had a breast reduction with Dr. Mitchell out of St. Boniface Hospital, and I'm extremely pleased with the results. He is incredibly competent, has good bedside manner, and is one of the few doctors I've met who is consistently punctual. His clinic receptionist is also very good. The one thing I took issue with was that my appointments always felt rushed. This is probably how he stays on time, however you sometimes have to fight to get your questions answered as he tries to slip out the door. This doesn't detract from his otherwise amazing skillset, but it is something to note.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2019

Went in to see him regarding health concern about my breast implants (causing pain and seeking them to be removed). Was looking for it to be covered provincially as it is qualified. He immediately disregarded my concerns when I brought up the topic of it being covered by province (Surgeons don’t get money right away when it’s covered provincially) and used scare tactics to steer me away from having them (said my breast will be “flappy” and look awful). I highlighted that my main concern was not the physical appearance but my health was. Still proceeded to talk about how awful they’ll look. Misinformed me about how they would look post surgery. Only cares about money/profit than patients wellbeing.. Very rude.

Submitted January 21, 2019

Simply the best. I have never had the pleasure of dealing with a more knowledgeable or professional doctor.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2018

Excellent plastic surgeon. HIs knowledge of cosmetic procedures is astounding. I would trust my family members with him..

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

He is an excellent surgeon, knowledgeable, easy to talk to caring and punctual

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

Dr. Ryan T. M. Mitchell's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Ryan Mitchell, MD, FRCSC practices in Grand Rapids at Bengtson Center for Aesthetics & Plastic Surgery as a Plastic Surgeon, board certified by Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. After completing a prestigious world-renowned Fellowship in Body-Contouring, Dr. Mitchell began dedicating his time to patient care. With a passion for plastic surgery, Dr. Mitchell will strive to provide safe results that exceed your expectations, every time. Dr. Mitchell has hospital affiliations at Spectrum Health.

• English

• University of Calgary (Grad. 2008)
  • University of Pittsburgh (Grad. 2014)
  • University of Manitoba (Grad. 2013)

• Liposuction
  • Arm lift
  • Breast Lift
  • Brazilian Butt Lift
  • Gynecomastia (enlarged breasts in men)
  • Breast reduction surgery
  • Breast reconstruction with breast implants

• Board Certification in Plastic Surgery – Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (2013)
  • Research Development Grant – University of Manitoba Department of Surgery (2011)
  • Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC) Part II (2010)
  • Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) (2010)
  • Scientific Papers on Trauma Residents competition - Region 11 Winner (2009)
  • Principles of Surgery Examination – Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (2009)
  • Resident Teaching Award – University of Manitoba (2009)

• 1) Mitchell R, Funk D, Rae Spiwak, Logsetty S. Phenylephrine tumescence in split thickness skin graft donor sites in surgery for burn injury - A concentration finding study. Journal of Burn Care and Research. 2010. 32(1):129-134
  • 2) Mitchell R, Chesney A, Seal S, McKnight L, Thoma A. Anatomical variations of the carpal tunnel structures. Can J Plast Surg. 2009;`7(3):e3-e7
  • 4) Young M, Kandola K, Mitchell R, Leamon A. Hospital Admission Rates for Lower Respiratory Tract Infections in Infants in the Northwest Territories and Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut between 2000 and 2004. Paediatrics & Child Health. 2007;12(7):563-566
  • 5) Mitchell R, Kandola K. Rabies in the Northwest Territories - Part 2: Rabies Surveillance in the NWT. Epi North, Winter edition 2004;4-7