Dr. Ron Somogyi

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ron Somogyi

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Ron Somogyi well over a year and a half ago. I was referred to him by my breast specialist. About two years ago I lost both my mother and grandmother to ovarian cancer. I have a strong family history of breast cancer and myself have had many scares. I reached a point in my life that I felt like I had to much information between what I was being told by genetic specialist and doctors that I had to take action to be proactive. I met with Dr. Somogyi and I expressed my concerns with my family history and how I felt it was in my best interest to have a profalactic double mastectomy. In the consultation, he answered everything I wanted to know before I could even ask. He is clearly incredibly knowledgeable and confident in his field. He explained to me all the many things that could potentially go wrong in the surgery. He sent me home with many things to think of. Being only 35 at the time I was extremely young to be making such a big decision. I went home with so much information and he told me to sit with it for awhile because new questions would arise. This is where Dr. Somogyi surpassed my expectation. He was always so quick to reply to my emails with any issues I had. He was amazing at answering any and all my questions. I went back to see him almost 6 months later and I had made my decision to go ahead with the surgery. He was very compassionate and understanding as to why I was making this incredibly difficult disission. We discussed many things in that appointment and he had my complete trust that he was going to make me look as much like myself as possible. I was very nervous as to how my breast would look after and I wanted to make sure I was not much different in size as to my pre surgery size. I trusted his judgment on what size to give me, and in the end, they came out exactly as I wanted. The morning of my surgery I was extremely nervous until I saw him. He put me at ease and I knew I was going to be ok. After surgery he was the first Doctor to check in and once again reassured me everything was perfect. Days after surgery I emailed him photos of bruising and he immediately got back to me so I was able to calm down and rest. It always made me feel better knowing he was an email away. Making a life changing decision like this was exceptionally difficult but thanks to Dr. Somogyi I never felt afraid. He helped me have confidence in my decision and most importantly safe. I am grateful for having met Dr. Somogyi and his wonderful staff who made me feel like I was always a priority. I am forever greatful.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018

Thanks to Dr Somogyi & his fantastic staff I am living the dream! At the age of 65 I decided to have a breast reduction & it is truly life & comfort changing. My discomfort was minimal & all I needed was Tylenol.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2018

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Somogyi and his staff. I had a rhinoplasty in April and from consultation to after surgery and recovery Dr. Somogyi answered all my questions and addressed any of my concerns. I am very pleased with my results.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2018

I had a birthmark on my cheek and I decided to see Dr. Somogyi about it. From the moment I met him, he was such a polite and well-spoken individual. He explained to me the procedure he was able to do and was very realistic about the whole process, letting me know what is doable and what is not. He managed to remove a majority of my scar, leaving only a faint outline behind. He really is one of a kind; such a gentle doctor and so caring towards his patients. I would recommend him to anyone because it is hard to find a doctor that wants the best for his patients but also is so easy to talk to. Thank you Dr. Somogyi for everything- my family and I really appreciate all your help!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2018

My experience with him and his staff was nothing short of wonderful very professional and approachable I put my faith in his decisions with how to approach my surgery and he exceeded my expectations.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

From the minute I was in their care, I knew I made the right desicion! Dr. Somogyi is an incredible surgeron, I recently got a breast augmentation and couldn’t be happier. They look exactly how I imagined. I Definitely recommend him !

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

After a few consultations with Dr. Somogyi regarding fat grafting to the Breast and tummy tuck I decided to go a head with the procedure. After one year with the scar finally fading I look and feel great. Dr.Somogyi was very patient and explained everything to us with alternatives. The staff was always concerned and available to answer questions before during and after. Highly recommend Dr. Somogyi and his team.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Dr Ron Somogyi is to my mind, a gifted surgeon. I had a basil cell issue close to my eye. He operated with a local anaesthetic and proscribed an over the counter pain reduction product. I felt no pain at all after the local was gone. So I had a feed of east coast scallops and pasta and had a great nights sleep after reading Gord Lightfoot's biography. AMAZING!!!!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

Dr. Somogyi is so caring, kind and thoughtful. He came to check on me in a recovery room for 3 times after my double mastectomy surgery. I thank God for his skills, expertise, knowledge and experience as a plastic surgeon. I still need to have a reconstruction breast surgery in a few months but I trust him 100%. He is highly skilled.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

Dr. Ron Somogyi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients