Ratings for Dr. Robert Countess

Many people are saying that Rob doesn't bother to listen to his patients. I've heard from a lot of people, and can confirm this. One of the things you're really going to dislike about Robby is his ignorance. Can you imagine having a psychiatrist who doesn't even treat you like a human being? Isn't it nice to know that there are so many more competent doctors than Mr. Countess? Sooner or later, you'll want to find a new psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

I saw Dr. Robert Countess when he was a resident at Victoria General Hospital in 2014. He was supervised by Dr. Sarah Pitcher. He seemed pleasant enough. I wished he had been more careful when writing his report about me as some of it were inaccurate. I was also prescribed Seroquel which is not suitable as I have hypothyroiditis. To this day, I continued to hallucinate.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

Dr. Countess is an amazing Psychiatrist, the first one I have ever been to that didn't make me feel like I was seeing a Psychiatrist. He's very knowledgeable and easy to get along with. If you're struggling with any kind of anxiety, be it social or general he is among the best in the valley.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

Dr. Countess did an initial interview with me this afternoon. He was very knowledgeable about my condition and its treatments. He had a very pleasant personality and was extremely thorough when asking questions.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

This doctor works out of the Comox Valley Mental Health & Substance Abuse office in Courtenay, B.C. although he also supposedly works at St. Joseph's hospital in Comox. The treatment that this doctor provides can only be described as shabby and misguided. His nauseous arrogance does nothing to cover an obvious incompetence to treat vulnerable female patients. In over 10 years of psychiatric treatment, I've never been asked if I've had abortions during an initial intake interview. The causal link between what happens in a women's uterus and what happens in a woman's mind is an archaic patriarchal delusion disseminated since Hippocrates. This nonsense has no place in modern day psychiatry. How this detritus ever managed to rise through the ranks of medicine without being properly educated is a travesty of untold proportions. He actually suggested that I default on my student loans because he felt I shouldn't bother trying to improve my circumstances through more education. He's a dangerous imbecile. Try to avoid if at all possible especially if you are female.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

Dr. Robert Countess's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

MAMSI