Dr. Repanos's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Consultant ENT, Head and Neck and Thyroid Surgeon MBChB FRCS(Orl-HNS) DOHNS DipAesSurg Specialist Interests Head and Neck Surgery, Thyroid Surgery, Voice problems, Swallowing problems, Neck lumps, Snoring Surgery, Salivary gland problems, Nasal and Sinus surgery, Skin Lesions and Facial Plastic Surgery Professional Profile Mr Repanos is a Consultant Ear, Nose Throat (ENT), Head and Neck and Thyroid Surgeon in Portsmouth and Chichester and works throughout Hampshire and West Sussex. He was born and educated in the West Midlands and qualified from Manchester Medical School in 1999. He gained further surgical experience in the North West of England and Perth, Western Australia before embarking on higher surgical training in Bristol and the South West of England. He was awarded a fellowship grant by the Hospital Corporation of America and completed his training with a competitive and prestigious international fellowship in Advanced Head and Neck surgery at the Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Australia and then did further a Head and Neck fellowship training in Bristol prior to taking up a Consultant post in Portsmouth. Mr Repanos is a specialist in Ear, Nose and Throat, Head and Neck and Thyroid surgery, and has a particular interest in minimally invasive surgery to the voice box and throat and snoring surgery. He hosts, convenes and lectures on an international course on Transoral Laser Surgery and has written over 30 peer-reviewed publications. He is actively involved in ongoing national and international head and neck research. He has been awarded numerous prizes and bursaries, is a reviewer for three international medical journals and has given numerous national and international presentations. He is the Principal Investigator for a major national trial in Portsmouth: “Pathos" - a randomised trial of laser surgery and adjuvant treatment for HPV positive oropharyngeal carcinoma. He has been nationally voted to the ENTUK Royal College of Surgeons Council for Head and Neck Surgery and is one of 8 UK council members. He is the lead clinician for medical student education for the ENT department, and the lead for service improvement in Head and Neck Cancer in Portsmouth. He has also been voted to be Chairman of the Wessex regional Network for Head and Neck Cancer as of 2016 and is part of the committee for Thyroid surgery in the Wessex region. Mr Repanos’ GMC number is 4651888. Personal Profile Mr Repanos is married to a local GP, Caroline, and has two young boys. He enjoys spending time with his family, socialising with friends and playing and watching various competitive sports.
- The University of Manchester (Grad. 1999)
Areas of Expertise
- Thyroid nodules
- Salivary gland cancer
Awards & Recognitions
- FRCS (ORL-HNS)
Publications & Research
- Karkos PD, George M, Van Der Veen J, Atkinson H, Dwivedi RC, Kim D, Repanos C. Vocal process granulomas: a systematic review of treatment. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol.
- Bird JH, Biggs TC, Karkos PD, Repanos C. Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis as an acute airway presentation requiring urgent tracheostomy
- O'Hara J, Simo R, McQueen A, Andi K, Lester S, Giddings C, Repanos C, Moor J, Kelly C, Jennings C, Wilson J, Paleri V. Management of metastatic neck disease--summary of the 11th Evidence Based Management Day. Clin Otolaryngol
- Head and Neck 5000 Study Team.Establishing a large prospective clinical cohort in people with head and neck cancer as a biomedical resource: head and neck 5000.
Insurance accepted by this Doctor
- Coventry Health Care