Dr. Prashant S. Kelkar

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Prashant S. Kelkar

Best decision ever best doctor ever was in so much pain and he fixed that right away

flag | Submitted March 29, 2019

I am so very Happy! Thank you for everything that you did for me. I am no longer in pain and I am grateful and thankful to you and your staff.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2019

Exceptionally attentive in accessing my situation, patient to thoroughly answer every question and concern, definitely genuine and skillful in his care. Given a prompt date for surgery and very pleased with the result!!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2019

Appreciated his kindness and confidence. Felt secure in his ability to help me to regain my strength and feel less pain

flag | Submitted January 23, 2019

Dr.Kelkar has performed 2 procedures on my spine recently. I'm still healing from #2 but am very happy with the results and highly recommend him to people with "back" problems

flag | Submitted October 11, 2018

I really, really liked Dr. Kelkar. He was kind, patient, and funny. He listened to me, and responded in a thoughtful, non-condescending manner. He was a wonderful doctor- not to be too melodramatic, but he gave me back my life. The staff, too, was very kind and accommodating. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2018

Facing neck surgery can be quite stressful. Going through the process with a doctor who is caring and talented in his field is a gift. I was very happy to have Dr Kelkar helping me through this journey. As for the results of my surgery, well, I couldn't be happier.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2018

A great surgeon with a wonderful way of explaining things that made it easy to understand. Took his time to answer all questions and to present all options of treatment. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to other patients.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2018

Dr. Kelkar is a wonderful human being and an excellent surgeon. Over the past 2 years Dr. Kelkar has performed 3 surgeries on me and all were a success. He has a great personality and never made me feel like I was just another patient. He is always friendly and compassionate and never pushed me into surgery. I will definitely recommend Dr. Kelkar!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

He was great, has a great personality, and I am walking without pain for the first time in about 4 years. He took all the time I needed and never made me feel like I was just a number. He even gave me his cell number after my surgery in case I had questions/concerns. He also gave me great advice on another med issue I have that at some point will need him to do surgery on. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

Dr. Prashant S. Kelkar's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kelkar is a fellowship-trained neurosurgeon, subspecializing in skull base, pituitary, and cerebrovascular neurosurgery as well as neuroendovascular intervention. He received his medical degree from Midwestern University in 2007 and later completed his neurosurgical residency at Providence Hospital, Michigan State University in 2014. Dr. Kelkar underwent 3 fellowships: two neuroendovascular surgery fellowships at University of Alabama, Birmingham in 2012 and at St. John Providence Health system in 2014, and a skull base/cerebrovascular fellowship at the Swedish Neuroscience Institute in 2015. Dr. Kelkar was board certified by the American Board of Osteopathic Surgery in 2015. Since then, he has become a clinical assistant professor of the College of Human Medicine, Michigan State University in 2016. Dr. Kelkar joined the practice in 2015.

• English

• Midwestern University (Grad. 2007)

AARP