Ratings for Dr. Peter Sutton

There is a reason why Dr. Peter Sutton has all negative reviews. He truly does not know what he is doing. He only cares about taking your hard earned money and pretends to be an assessor. In reality he has no idea what he is doing. I have now had the opportunity to see 3 of his reports and they are almost identical!!! How is this possible when every family is different? This man needs to have his license revoked. He is a con artist and reminds me of Dr. Charles Smith who had his license revoked for obvious problems with his medical reports that got people thrown into jail. Dr. Sutton is no better since he is damaging the lives of children and families with his negligence and greed.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

Dr. Sutton is a pure quack. He has no idea what he is doing and ignores almost all evidence. The reviews below are very accurate of him. I would not recommend this person to anyone. He sure knows how to bill you but has no idea how to do a proper assessment. He needs to learn the law and actually listen to what is being told to him. In the end it was pure nonsense. Just stay away from him and ignore any of his reports. They aren't worth the paper they are written on. And I say all of this this even though he sided with me. That's how bad he is.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

We took our child to Dr. Sutton. We were appalled by his lack of empathy. Our son clearly did not trust him and neither did we. We did not feel comfortable leaving our son alone with him. He had no knowledge or understanding of LGBT people or families. We would never recommend him to anybody..

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Peter Sutton is the most dishonest and corrupt individual I have ever had the misfortune to meet! He was a disaster for my family. He is a perfect example of everything that is wrong with the Canadian legal system

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr. Sutton uses a cut-and-past methodology to his custody assessments. He is a complete con who only cares about excessive client billing for a per-determined outcome. He has a standard template that he uses for his custody assessments. Dr. Sutton inserts the names of the most recent separated family he is evaluating into this template, nothing is tailored to the individual needs of the broken families being evaluated. I strongly suggest to anyone dealing with Dr. Sutton, that you find others who have gone through a Section 30 Assessment with him. The reports are near identical. This Psychiatrist should not be allowed to practice, period.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

Sutton is a custody assessor who is the go-to-guy for some of the big downtown lawyers who are typically representing the father and looking to sway an assessment in the fathers favor. Custody and access is about assessing the parents individually. Results should be in favor of the healthier parent, not awarded to the highest bidder or the party who recommended him (Dr. Sutton's assessments average $60000). Unfortunately Dr. Sutton fails to understand this concept. Similar to other reviews, I would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

I strongly caution others, especially those who are victims of domestic violence, to not retain Dr. Sutton as your custody assessor. Dr. Sutton is not able capable of remaining impartial or unbiased, he will always be in favor of the father, no matter how severe the abuse.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

I was flabbergasted by Dr. Sutton's recommendations. I left a violent and abusive relationship 5 years ago and have ongoing issues with my ex over my daughter's custody and access. My ex lives in a different province. Without any consideration for the dynamics at play in domestic violence cases, Dr. Sutton suggested that I leave my job, uproot my daughter from her school/community and move to that province so that my daughter could be closer to her father. What?! My lawyer and the police officers who have helped me would never dream of suggesting this as a solution because of the seriousness of the safety concerns with my ex. Furthermore, during the assessment I found Dr. Sutton to be unempathic, cold and distant. He is shockingly out of touch with the most basic understanding of safety and the issues at stake in domestic violence cases. I would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

I was disappointed with the lack of thoroughness and professionalism displayed by Dr. Sutton. It was a complete waste of time and money ($60,000) to have him conduct a custody and access assessment. The final report was loaded with inaccuracies, spelling and grammatical errors, and had other clients information embedded in the report. There needs to be stricter guidelines for assessors to adhere to when preforming these evaluations. I would not recommend Dr. Sutton to anyone seeking an evaluation for their family law action.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

Dr. Peter Sutton's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients